PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green for WR Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea. Green is just an extra guy.

Shell has already said he won't trade Porter.

If I had a vote, it would be a no.

So no!

Green is a playmaker when he actually gets put in the game!

I'd vote no for that too. Green is the best backup lineman in the NFL. He'd start on most teams. The depth he provides is worth more than Porter is to us.

An extra guy? Not if there's a single injury on the line. Of course, line injuries are rare, right?

tatepatsfan said:
I'd vote no for that too. Green is the best backup lineman in the NFL. He'd start on most teams. The depth he provides is worth more than Porter is to us.
Ditto that....Jarvis has alot more time left too-that would be a bad decision

Green is much more important to us than another receiver at this point. IMO
No offense, but I think it's a no-brainer. Branch will be in, all is well.

Re: Jarvis Green for WR Porter-NO NO NO

Seymour always misses part of the season. Green filled in for him very well two seasons ago.

I agree that he would be a starter on most teams.

This would be a bad deal for us.

Re: Jarvis Green for WR Porter-NO NO NO

Jarvis Green is an important part of the DL rotation. He's the first guy in. No way do I make that deal - and that's even if Porter WASN'T a turd, which it sounds like he is.

Substitute Jon Sullivan for Green in that trade, and you have a deal! ;)

I agree NO!!! Porter is not my cup of team as a team player..NO WAY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
your so stupid mcbee. thats a smack in the face

Porter said that the team wanted 2 #1s for him..and Porter even laughed and said why a #1 if i wasnt 1? We dont need Porter. He wants new contract..so does Deion and Porter will probably ask for just as much. Why would they need Green anyways for a pretty good WR like Porter. We are not getting Lelie, Porter or Stallworth. Stallworth is not being traded..Lelie and Porter will not be Patriots in the future

and guys..lets not act like Green is more valuable around the league than Porter. Porter is a real good WR but yeah since we dont need Porter..we like having Green.

Last edited:
Do we even know if the Raiders need a DE ?

i dont think they do. Brayton,Johnstone,Burgess and our old friend Hamilton

Saying no to Green for Porter? Why don't you just turn down giving a six pack of Bud Light for Porter. Not to say that Green is terrible but Porter is a very rare combination of size and speed. He may be a headcase but so is/was Dillon and that worked out. If it weren't for Kerry Collins Porter would have huge numbers.

So Porter has been in the league for 6 years and the reason he hasn't been great is the QB he had for 2 years?

I think I do the trade, but it would all depend on how M. Hill is progressing. If Hill could replace Green in the rotation why not.

um Porter hasnt broke out because he had Jerry Rice in front of him at one point and Tim Brown i believe.

ClosingTime said:
Porter is a very rare combination of size and speed. He may be a headcase but so is/was Dillon and that worked out. If it weren't for Kerry Collins Porter would have huge numbers.
Donald Hayes was another rare combination of size and speed, and so was PK Sam. And others. The Patriots have had more than their share of rare combinations of speed and size over the years. Quickness and separation ability has worked better for us than speed and size. We prefer the Hines Ward types to the Plaxico types. You are of course free to mourn for Plaxico, and wish you had him instead of Ward.

Dillon wasn't a head case. Terry Glenn was a head case.

Not that I'd expect you to know about Hayes, Sam, Dillon or Glenn. Or expect you even to care. I understand your purpose here is to post negative Pats stuff, and accuracy is optional.

But you should know that Porter did not play for the NY Giants, and thus you will have to have Rich Gannon be the major cause of Porter not having huge numbers.

Last edited:
I'd congratulate you on your 100th post mcbee, if it weren't so... :bricks:.

Can you say malcontent? The day BB trades his 27 year old #1 backup DE for a self absorbed 28 year old WR who has been chronically unhappy since the day he was drafted is the day hell freezes over.

"Oakland Raiders wide receiver Jerry Porter is demanding a trade. Yet again. This time, he wants out only 17 months after signing a five-year contract that could net him as much as $15 million.

Porter's latest trade demand stems from a falling out he had with coach Art Shell in a get-to-know-you meeting... Shell took exception to Porter's stance in response to Shell outlining what he expected of his players. From there, the two exchanged heated words, with Shell getting the last word and booting Porter from his office.

Porter, 28, joined the Raiders in 2000, with a Hummer-sized chip on his shoulder that oftentimes has overshadowed his immense talent and potential.

He took exception to the Raiders drafting kicker Sebastian Janikowski in the first round and waiting until the second round to select him out of West Virginia. He showed his discontent by holding out of training camp and finally arriving with a jersey emblazoned with the No. 1.

When asked the significance of the number, Porter said it was to show that he should have been a first-round selection. That, among other things, landed him in then-coach Jon Gruden's doghouse.

Porter requested a trade at the end of his rookie season. No go. He stewed over his having to wait his turn behind the likes of veterans Andre Rison, Tim Brown and Jerry Rice his first five seasons.

Midway through the 2004 season, Porter said he wouldn't play for the Raiders again upon hearing a rumor that the team was interested in trading him before the trade deadline. That never happened.

All appeared well in Jerry's world after Brown retired before the 2004 season and Rice got traded two months or so later. So, Porter signed a five-year extension in February 2005.

A week or so later, the Raiders traded for receiver Randy Moss. Again, Porter found himself out of the spotlight. Six seasons, not so much as one 1,000-yard season to his resume and a career of being a complementary player.

Porter sounded resigned to playing for the Raiders the next two seasons - he can void the deal after three years. Shell said it's a "nonissue."

When asked for an interview Wednesday, Porter again declined. He spent the day working out on his own, while he recovers from a calf strain."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15131679.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back