PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green at OLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I tell my wife that the NFL draft is like Christmas with a twist; just when I'm "sure" what the FO will draft for, they do something completely different and, in the end, delightful. Now in hindsight, I love the O picks...but it begs the question: what about LB?

Yesterday, I was "sure" Lawson was our man. He'd replace McG and Vrabes would stay inside. I am confident V stays inside: 2 playcallers there, V losing a step, great production last year. (I figure Beisel sticks as the backup.)

So who takes McG's OLB spot opposite Colvin? (AzPatsFan posted an incredible LB position-by-position analysis several weeks ago -- http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34174&highlight=solb)

BB & Co. have a plan and I'm sure it's a good one. They will not trust the position to a Day 2 rookie. Maybe TBC, but have we seen any production from him to offer confidence? Maybe a trade? Is it possible that Green could play OLB? His rush is very like McG; coverage is obviously the issue. I haven't seen anyone bring up his name and thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.

Last edited:
Green ran a 5.03 few years ago in 40..slow for a OLB..and hes almost 300 pounds

He could take McGinest's rush role on passing downs but he won't be a full time, starting OLB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye