PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Laurinaitis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Thats why we're in a good spot at 23 to move up if someone drops, or move down and out if someone doesn't.

Exactly. I could see us doing either (or, depending on what we get for Cassel, both).

I just did a quick google scan and this guy looks like he's been on major ROIDS based on how he looked 3 years ago and now.

I haven't focused on him very much, seems like he is too small to play ILB for the Pats but... he is about the same size as Mayo and very athletic, he could potentially be used in the passing game because he can blitz and understands coverage (similar to Timmons from the Steelers).

I am very interested in his height / weight measurements at the combine. Something tells me he is not 6'2, 240 more like 6'1, 232. It doesn't sound like much but the closer to 230 he is the less chance he would be considered by the Pats.

Scenario - Cassel gets traded to the Vikings or for Detroit's pick at 20. Pats pick Laurinaitis (ILB) and Smith (CB) from Wake Forest. This would represent a significant shift to a younger and faster defense.

Last year, before the bowl game, I wanted this kid on our team - Now, after watching him play in TWO bowl games and catching as much OS football I can stomach - No, I don't want him. He's disappeared for almost a year, reverting back to just another LB in a good system. Vernon Gohlston came out of this same system last year, and I thought he had more upside at the time......just say no to James Laurinaitis.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes