PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jake Long/Dolphins close on deal - C Long to Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need pass rush. They already have Carriker inside from last year.

So, it can be Gholston too at 2.

Carriker is probably better suited at DE.

I'm confident that I will be the Rams' first round selection at #2 overall.

They need pass rush. They already have Carriker inside from last year.

So, it can be Gholston too at 2.

They can take dorsey and slide Carriker to DE.. He was last years Chris Long (high motor).. And now they have LIttle and Carriker outside with DOrsey in the middle.. Makes a lot more sense.

Harder to find a DT that collapse the pocket than a DE..

Last edited:
That would be one weird pick with Larry Johnson there. Sure they'd be able to have different roles but for a bad team that's too many resources tied up in one position.

Larry Johnson had a very mediocre year last year.
It just might behoove the Chiefs to upgrade the position
while they have a chance.

It just might behoove the Chiefs to upgrade the position
while they have a chance.

Yea but he held out last year and got an enormous contract (5 years 42 mil and 19 guaranteed). Considering all of their other needs, that Herm might be on the hot seat this year, I'd be shocked if they took McFadden.

Mostly due to injuries and a deteriorated OL. Taking McFadden would be absolutely crazy.

Yea but he held out last year and got an enormous contract (5 years 42 mil and 19 guaranteed). Considering all of their other needs, that Herm might be on the hot seat this year, I'd be shocked if they took McFadden.

I was not aware of the contract.

Mostly due to injuries and a deteriorated OL. Taking McFadden would be absolutely crazy.

It's only crazy because of the contract they just gave Johnson.
Aside from that I don't think it's so crazy. Especially when
you consider how injuries can accumulate and make a player
less effective.
How bad are these injuries, anyway?
Do you know, BF?

I was not aware of the contract.

Larry Johnson has had an enormous workload, and they should try to limit his carries (750 carries in 05 and 06) so an early breakdown is possible. But the contract does prevent a top 5 pick on a RB I would think.

Now they should go out and get a good quality backup (not Kolby Smith), a scat back type in the middle rounds.

It's unlikely, but stranger things have happened. When they selected LJ I don't think that was highly anticipated at all either with Holmes there.

Big difference between taking Johnson late in round 1 and taking McFadden at 5.

The Dolphins beat reporter for the Palm Beach Post is saying that the agreement with J Long is almost finalized.

In a live radio interview he said that anything could still happen until it is signed, but that the basic terms were all hammered out and agreed to. He speculated that ithe deal, even if finalized, might not be announced today since it is late in the day to put together the press conference for maximum media coverage. Tomorrow is more likely, but there is no hurry.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/04/21/0421dolphins.html

The Dolphins beat reporter for the Palm Beach Post is saying that the agreement with J Long is almost finalized.

In a live radio interview he said that anything could still happen until it is signed, but that the basic terms were all hammered out and agreed to. He speculated that ithe deal, even if finalized, might not be announced today since it is late in the day to put together the press conference for maximum media coverage. Tomorrow is more likely, but there is no hurry.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/04/21/0421dolphins.html

I'm not surprised, Tommy Curran wouldn't throw something like this out there without total validity to it. Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes