PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Jake Andrews - Round 4 - 107th Overall

Doesn't Dave Andrews have some recent health issues with blood clots? I wonder if they are acting up again (pure speculation on my part).

The blood clots were in 2019 in his lungs only. He was given a clean bill of health in 2020. So it's been more than 2 years. that being said, anything is a possibility.

Maybe Andrews is just being transparent with the brass of the team and letting them know he's giving it one more go - and they are counting on him to guide J.Andrews through his rookie year.

After Juice Scruggs he was my favorite center in the draft class.

The Pats need to replace David Andrews and Ferentz, they need a starter and interior swing guy.

Now they have two great prospects on the interior.

I am surprised at how short Jake Andrews’s arms are. Not even 32”. Good heavens!

Smart, tough, motivated.

I guess you could call him a poor man’s Joe Thuney, who stands two inches taller and who also has short arms, 31 7/8” versus 32 1/4”.

This means Chris Jones of the Chiefs will make him look like James Ferentz. If JA is RG.

Keep him strictly center.

Chasen Hines is our backup RG.

I am surprised at how short Jake Andrews’s arms are. Not even 32”. Good heavens!

Smart, tough, motivated.

I guess you could call him a poor man’s Joe Thuney, who stands two inches taller and who also has short arms, 31 7/8” versus 32 1/4”.

This means Chris Jones of the Chiefs will make him look like James Ferentz. If JA is RG.

But one thing in Jake Andrews Draft Bio is that he's very Strong at the POI even with those T-rex arms.
big t rex GIF

His arms measured 32 7/8 with a 78” total wingspan. Both longer than David Andrews by a fair amount.

Smart, tough, motivated.

Jake is strong like a bull, Ferentz is no comparison.
Center/guard swingman on gameday. If you can play center well, you can play guard.
Pretty sure Hines was given the foxboro flu last season when it was evident Russey was a better player. Hines may not make this team.

Watching this tape what stands out to me is his calmness, confidence . even if he gets temporarily in trouble he finds a solution and with relative ease and IQ. He doesn't look dominant but he keeps it calm and clean.

Maybe picking him higher than Sow (w OT potential) was a surprise since a bunch of what seemed like similar prospects at C were still available, but looking at Senior Bowl 1v1s he looked better than all incl Schmitz.

When Gronk was asked who he thinks was the most important player for Brady he answered Andrews.
Looks like Mac could have the same answer no matter which one plays.

Couldn’t we find anyone with more braces? Both knees and an elbow. OMG

I am surprised at how short Jake Andrews’s arms are. Not even 32”.

The word was the J Andrews dominated at the Senior bowl.

Hard to understand why we drafted Atonio Mafi if Hines was good in 2022 practice situations.

Smart, tough, motivated.

J. Andrews arms measured 32 1/8" at his Pro Day.

His arms measured 32 7/8 with a 78” total wingspan. Both longer than David Andrews by a fair amount.

Jake is strong like a bull, Ferentz is no comparison.

Center/guard swingman on gameday. If you can play center well, you can play guard.

Pretty sure Hines was given the foxboro flu last season when it was evident Russey was a better player. Hines may not make this team.

Interesting that DraftScout has it as 32 7/8 when Dane Brugler has him listed as 31 7/8" at the Combine and 32 1/8" at Andrew's Pro Day.

The word was the J Andrews dominated at the Senior bowl.

Hard to understand why we drafted Atonio Mafi if Hines was good in 2022 practice situations.
1) Competition is good. A 5th rounder to compete with a late rounder with no game experience seems right.
2) Injuries happen.
3) This gives us the flexibility to consider Strange and/or Sow for 2023 and 2024 roles at OT.

Mafi's a good player, albeit somewhat limited

He has what we've been missing on our O-Line, raw power and bad intentions. I like him as a guard much more so than Sidy Sow or Jake Andrews, but he doesn't have any positional versatility.

Mafi's a good player, albeit somewhat limited

He has what we've been missing on our O-Line, raw power and bad intentions. I like him as a guard much more so than Sidy Sow or Jake Andrews, but he doesn't have any positional versatility.
I remember a Raiders Team many moons ago with Rich Gannon @ QB behind a Big OL that you could barely see him back there. A Big guy like Mafi could really help Mac 10 sell Playaction fakes.

I remember a Raiders Team many moons ago with Rich Gannon @ QB behind a Big OL that you could barely see him back there. A Big guy like Mafi could really help Mac 10 sell Playaction fakes.

We already have Onwenu there, so…?

We already have Onwenu there, so…?
Did YOU sign him for 2024?

As you well know, draftees are often drafted a year before they are hopefully going to be counted on as a starter. They build experience as rookies.

Did YOU sign him for 2024?

As you well know, draftees are often drafted a year before they are hopefully going to be counted on as a starter. They build experience as rookies.

Or quality back-ups to replace guys like Murray and Ferentz. Guys that @captain stone has been whining about incessantly.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back