PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time for the Patriots offense to bring their very best on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend the bookie, a lifelong Pats fan, now says that he hates the Pats. I'm pretty sure they cover the spread too much for his liking.
Pats are 8-4 against the spread this year

Pats are 8-4 against the spread this year

That was quick. I was going to go check but I decided to wait. Thanks for the help.

So, if I placed just one bet each week, and it was on the Pats for, say, 2 million, I would now be up 7.2 mil. I should have done it. :)

If you think I'm calling into question the Patriots toughness, believe me, that was not my intention.

I was only meaning to say that the offense must bring their A-game

But you're right....I think it's time for a title change lol

I don't disagree with your sentiment - as I think the Pats have played down to the level of some of their opponents at times...

But I think you'll see a pretty quick dink and dunk and run game - as that's the situational football with the Ravens

It won't look flashy but they will keep the chains moving

I also expect that Belichick and Brady are re-tooling their offensive approach getting ready for the playoffs without Gronk

The good news is that with Dion Lewis coming back (and I expect you'll seem him used more and more) this team has a completely different look than without him and with Gronk. Don't get me wrong - Me Want Gronk - but this is going to be a very different team in the playoffs than it was early this season and I don't think opponents will know what to expect

This is of course the way that Belichick in general is often able to turn a weakness into an assett

I am actually on the other side of the ball, the Patriots defense has to contain Baltimore's passing attack. Baltimore is throwing on 1st 2nd and 3rd down. Expect Flacco to have 50 attempts in the game.

I think its going to be tough sledding for the Pats on offense on MNF.

an interesting stat courtesy reddit about pats vs ravens spread. It seems the larger the spread , the better the ravens play.

an interesting stat courtesy reddit about pats vs ravens spread. It seems the larger the spread , the better the ravens play.

Yes, good observation. I would imagine that the NE -9 line from the 2013 AFCCG played into this idea quite a bit. Fortunately for us, the wind shouldn't act as a 12th defender for them this time around.

We always get up for the 'elite' defenses . . . I'm sure MNF is looking forward to this matchup. Doesn't it seem they're plugging it more than usual?

and here is another courtesy a ravens fan on reddit
Team Game Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

It is a little skewed because it includes edelman throwing a TD too i think
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing it, @SVN.

What is the "#1 ranking" mean in this instance, though? It would seem that having a 9 TD to 10 INT ratio (with 13 sacks) wouldn't be something to write home about, particularly with a 74.1 passer rating.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing it, @SVN.

What is the "#1 ranking" mean in this instance, though? It would seem that having a 9 TD to 10 INT ratio (with 13 sacks) wouldn't be something to write home about, particularly with a 74.1 passer rating.
Not really sure. But yes, those are not good stats. I think brady's best game at home vs them was last yr .Otherwise he hasnt played well vs them at home generally.

I don't disagree with your sentiment - as I think the Pats have played down to the level of some of their opponents at times...

But I think you'll see a pretty quick dink and dunk and run game - as that's the situational football with the Ravens

It won't look flashy but they will keep the chains moving

I also expect that Belichick and Brady are re-tooling their offensive approach getting ready for the playoffs without Gronk

The good news is that with Dion Lewis coming back (and I expect you'll seem him used more and more) this team has a completely different look than without him and with Gronk. Don't get me wrong - Me Want Gronk - but this is going to be a very different team in the playoffs than it was early this season and I don't think opponents will know what to expect

This is of course the way that Belichick in general is often able to turn a weakness into an assett
I think the impact of gronk is going to felt mostly on 3rd down. I heard that day that we are something like 4 for 16 on 3rd down after gronk injury. Which is insanely bad if true is a recipe for failure. I remember during the 1st half of the season how many 3rd downs we converted routinely.

it's not humor.....

RULE #1: don't ever bet against the Pats

For the most part that is true....but every once in a while Vegas is off badly. Seattle +14 yes I'll take some and did and I won. If I could have closed on an equity loan fast enough I would have that week. I figured the Pats would win but by a FG.

I think they win this week by 3 or 4. I don't make a habit of betting against them, probably have done it 4 or 5 times over the years I'm not averse to it. If I have a good weekend. I might take the points Monday night. But what do I know I'm just a homer to some on here. :rolleyes:

Eric Weddle opens up after Ravens' loss to Pats

The Ravens’ defense entered Monday night’s game against the Patriots ranked first in the NFL in just about every meaningful category. From total yards allowed (296.1), rushing yards (73.8) and first downs (16.6) to third-down percentage (33.3%), the Ravens were back to their old, formidable ways.

When it was all over, the Patriots had 496 yards of total offense—the most allowed by the Ravens in a non-overtime game since they gave up 525 to the Saints in a 34–27 loss on Nov. 24, 2014 (and the third-highest total since 2001). Brady completed 25 of 38 passes for 406 yards and three touchdowns. It was the most passing yards allowed by the Ravens since the Broncos posted 445 yards on Sept. 5, 2013. And the Patriots converted 8 of 16 third downs.

New England basically broke the Ravens’ defense in a 30–23 victory.

Well done New England....well done indeed! :):):)

And well done TB12 too.

Coming into Monday, Tom Brady had a career 83.6 passer rating in regular season against the Ravens, which was his lowest versus any team (min. 5 reg. season games).

But last night, he had a career day, going 25 of 38 (65.8%) for 406 yards (10.7 YPA), 3 TDs, 1 INT; 126.6 QB rating and a passer rating of 116.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes