PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time for the Patriots offense to bring their very best on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful what you wish for here. The team is purposely keeping his touches to about 9 a game. Last year it was 12. Hes looking good and feeling good but they need to be careful not to hit the gas peddle too quickly.

With Mosely and Orr BAL has a ton of speed at LB. Plus with Weddle roaming Bennett will have his work cut out for him.

Well they don't move their CB's at all so its Jimmy on the Right and the Rookie Young on the Left. Wilson is pretty good. Powers in the slot will get eaten alive by Jules. I expect Jules to have a big game. Powers could not handle Beasley, got beat on a jerk route (the Welker if you will), an inside slant, and short out route on the goal line for a TD.

Also when they walk the Nickel up into the box to give a 5-2 look its typically Powers, he can't handle big backs. He will get run over by Blount. Powers could not tackle Ajayi in the box last week. Basically Powers is the weak link on their D. Trying to isolate him will be key, I believe. Or its at least what I would do if I were game planning for the Raven's D.

With that said I think the Raven's play a lot of zone this week and try to get pressure from their front four while dropping 7. Nothing new as this has been how you stop Brady & Co for most of his career. When they do go man Powers will be the guy giving up the yardage, IMO.

Edit Correction: Said Wilson instead of Young again. Habit when you hear Tavon I guess.

Last edited:
Ravens season so far:

Lost to the Redskins
Lost to the Giants
Lost to the Jets o_O
Beat the Squealers (No big Ben)
Beat the Cleveland dog$hit
Lost to the Cowboys
Beat the Bengals (who were without AJ Green)
Beat the phins

I’d say this team is middle of the pack

Why do people keep saying Ben didn't play in the Baltimore game? He was the leading passer in that game.

Why do people keep saying Ben didn't play in the Baltimore game? He was the leading passer in that game.

I stand corrected, but then it only means he shredded that 'vaunted' defense....

I stand corrected, but then it only means he shredded that 'vaunted' defense....

Not really. He had 284. He looked like **** and it was obvious he came back to soon. I think it was more of a case of the Raven's selling out to stop Bell as they held him to like 32 yards and Big Ben couldn't do anything all of his yardage came in garbage time when they were down 21-0 in the 4th quarter. Pit had something like 80 yards and couple of first downs going into the 4th.

Bennetts lack of targets the last 2 weeks has been the patriots plan to preserve him and let thim heal so he can be the probowl TE that they need. I havent watched the tape, so I think you would need to see that to see if they didnt have him run many routes as they usually have and kept him into block to protect his ankle. and they now unleash him against the ravens in the middle of the field

I'd have more faith into that if at the same time he hadn't played a lot of snaps. Yes some might have been pure decoy routes that minimize risk but I'd assume that any play where he has to block has potential to aggravate his ankle injury.

We will see..

If you think I'm calling into question the Patriots toughness, believe me, that was not my intention.

I was only meaning to say that the offense must bring their A-game

But you're right....I think it's time for a title change lol
Smart move. ;)

Well they don't move their CB's at all so its Jimmy on the Right and the Rookie Wilson on the Left. Wilson is pretty good. Powers in the slot will get eaten alive by Jules. I expect Jules to have a big game. Powers could not handle Beasley, got beat on a jerk route (the Welker if you will), an inside slant, and short out route on the goal line for a TD.

Also when they walk the Nickel up into the box to give a 5-2 look its typically Powers, he can't handle big backs. He will get run over by Blount. Wilson could not tackle Ajayi in the box last week. Basically Powers is the weak link on their D. Trying to isolate him will be key, I believe. Or its at least what I would do if I were game planning for the Raven's D.

With that said I think the Raven's play a lot of zone this week and try to get pressure from their front four while dropping 7. Nothing new as this has been how you stop Brady & Co for most of his career. When they do go man Powers will be the guy giving up the yardage, IMO.

Nice post, dude. I was wondering how good Powers was.

Agree on the zone. They played it mostly in the 2014 divisional.

It would be awesome if the Pats could put a beatdown on the hated Rat Birds, but I am just hoping for a win and no further injuries, and putting them in the rearview mirror.

I would love to see us beat them executing a play that results in a penalty that is legal like the holding on punting or something.

Ravens season so far:

Lost to the Redskins
Lost to the Giants
Lost to the Jets o_O
Beat the Squealers (No big Ben)
Beat the Cleveland dog$hit
Lost to the Cowboys
Beat the Bengals (who were without AJ Green)
Beat the phins

I’d say this team is middle of the pack
Agree. I don't think anyone has them in the top half of teams in the League right now. Problem is that they are a team that always plays the Pats tough in Foxboro.

I think the 7 1/2 point spread is definitely high given the history, but it probably has to be high to get people to bet the spread against Belichick and Brady at home. I live in NYC and you'd be amazed how many people I know who bet money on NFL games said that they will never again bet the spread against Belichick after the Arizona game in September. Is that rational? I haven't done the math, but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be even or a little ahead if you followed that advice.

Well they don't move their CB's at all so its Jimmy on the Right and the Rookie Wilson on the Left. Wilson is pretty good. Powers in the slot will get eaten alive by Jules. I expect Jules to have a big game. Powers could not handle Beasley, got beat on a jerk route (the Welker if you will), an inside slant, and short out route on the goal line for a TD.

Also when they walk the Nickel up into the box to give a 5-2 look its typically Powers, he can't handle big backs. He will get run over by Blount. Wilson could not tackle Ajayi in the box last week. Basically Powers is the weak link on their D. Trying to isolate him will be key, I believe. Or its at least what I would do if I were game planning for the Raven's D.

I've been reading the ratbirds boards and some of their fans are high on this rookie Tavon Young and think he's perfect at covering Edelman.

I've been reading the ratbirds boards and some of their fans are high on this rookie Tavon Young and think he's perfect at covering Edelman.

He's good, I went back and watched a few games of their defense and he shows up a lot. And being a rookie opposite of Jimmy Smith you know you're going to get some action. But I did not see them move him inside at all. As far as I can tell he stays on the left and Jimmy on the right, I may go back and look at a few more games. Its Powers or Weddle (when they are in zone and the slot goes in motion) in the slot. My intial thought is they don't change the way they have played defense all year to adjust for Jules. It doesn't pass the common sense test.

I mean do you take a guy that has played outside all season and move him inside; and vice versa? Powers couldn't handle Beasley inside, not sure he could handle Hogan or Mitchell on the outside.

I'll scream like a school girl if Jules gets to toss another TD pass.

It looks like Wright started at LCB for the Bengals game and Young played inside and then as the game went on Young. went outside and Wright left the field. Just FYI Powers is pure trash. The kid is terrible.

Edit Correction: I put "Wilson" as in Tayvon Wilson. Tavon Young.

Last edited:
Nice post, dude. I was wondering how good Powers was.

Agree on the zone. They played it mostly in the 2014 divisional.
Yea because their secondary SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Rashaan Melvin (got TORCHED!)
Anthony Levine
Darien Stewart
Ladarius Webb
Will Hill

Good luck against the GOAT with his receivers smh. AND we only rushed 13 times for 14 yards.

Last edited:
Agree. I don't think anyone has them in the top half of teams in the League right now. Problem is that they are a team that always plays the Pats tough in Foxboro.

I think the 7 1/2 point spread is definitely high given the history, but it probably has to be high to get people to bet the spread against Belichick and Brady at home. I live in NYC and you'd be amazed how many people I know who bet money on NFL games said that they will never again bet the spread against Belichick after the Arizona game in September. Is that rational? I haven't done the math, but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be even or a little ahead if you followed that advice.

My friend the bookie, a lifelong Pats fan, now says that he hates the Pats. I'm pretty sure they cover the spread too much for his liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes