PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time for James White to step up and fill in for Lewis. But what can he bring to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good effort, but not enough context to be useful. Lewis is off the field for all Blount runs, so those are naturally going to be lower, and the only game in which a player substituted for Lewis on passing plays was against the best defense they've faced to date.
Lewis averaged 4.8 per carry and 10.8 per reception. Let's see what kind of productivity we get from White.

Lewis averaged 4.8 per carry and 10.8 per reception. Let's see what kind of productivity we get from White.

It won't be anywhere near that.

Montee Ball, Ron Dayne, John Clay, Tony Simmons, Chris Chambers, Lee Evans, Anthony Davis, Nick Toon, PJ Hill, Terrell Fletcher, Michael Bennett, Brandon Williams, Donald Hayes.

James White and Melvin Gordon are running against history, folks.

Montee Ball, Ron Dayne, John Clay, Tony Simmons, Chris Chambers, Lee Evans, Anthony Davis, Nick Toon, PJ Hill, Terrell Fletcher, Michael Bennett, Brandon Williams, Donald Hayes.

James White and Melvin Gordon are running against history, folks.

You mean Wisconsin players who came in the league with big resumes and sucked??:D

Last edited:

I think he'll be more like Vereen... 4.2 and 8.0, maybe? Hopefully unlike Vereen, he won't hit the deck on contact.

I think he'll be more like Vereen... 4.2 and 8.0, maybe? Hopefully unlike Vereen, he won't hit the deck on contact.
A more reasonable expectation to be sure. Not enough touches to make a reliable assessment, but to my eyes White appears to lack Vereen's quickness and speed. Perhaps he will have better vision. Obviously he has something they like...

Not enough touches to make a reliable assessment, but to my eyes White appears to lack Vereen's quickness and speed.

He lacks Lewis' quickness and speed, but he looks similar to Vereen to me.

He lacks Lewis' quickness and speed, but he looks similar to Vereen to me.

Os: I think Vereen runs better than White and thats not an endorsement. But if White's receiving skills is anything close to Vereen's we have a winner. The Three Best 3rd Down backs in the League were Lewis:( - Woodhead and Vereen go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes