PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

it will take miracle to beat bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not suffering from any delusions of grandeur. It's not often that I go into a week thinking "Well, chalk this one up as an L and come back next week", but that's what has been running through my mind the past couple of days. This team has been FAR too inconsistent on both sides of the ball for me to think all that positively about facing the Bengals.

Also, anyone who thinks the Patriots should be favored to win, or is anything more than guardedly optimistic about the game, this week has been bathing in the kool-aid. Some of the double-reverse psychobabble trend analysis is pretty funny (read: far-fetched) -- maybe if the Venus is aligned with the third smallest moon of Jupiter and Carson Palmer eats waffles tomorrow, we might have a shot! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Anyway, here's to a good game. . .

Ahriman said:
I am not suffering from any delusions of grandeur. It's not often that I go into a week thinking "Well, chalk this one up as an L and come back next week", but that's what has been running through my mind the past couple of days. This team has been FAR too inconsistent on both sides of the ball for me to think all that positively about facing the Bengals.

Also, anyone who thinks the Patriots should be favored to win, or is anything more than guardedly optimistic about the game, this week has been bathing in the kool-aid. Some of the double-reverse psychobabble trend analysis is pretty funny (read: far-fetched) -- maybe if the Venus is aligned with the third smallest moon of Jupiter and Carson Palmer eats waffles tomorrow, we might have a shot! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Anyway, here's to a good game. . .

That's kind of the sense on both sides right now. I am pretty optomistic, but your team always seems to exceed expectations. I do not expect an easy win.

BionicPatriot said:
You guys expect our defense to hold them? No way in hell. It couldn't in 2004, it damn sure wont sunday. What we ened to do is pound the rock, keep Palmer away from the field, and have Brady make the throws we need him to. We're not winning this one 13-10 folks. If we win, expect atleast 20+ from both sides.
Exactly. Keep their offense off the field and do whatever to cause turn overs when they are on the field. So Dillon and Maroney best be ready for 100 yard games and 20 carries a pop if we want to have a shot at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back