PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

it will take miracle to beat bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The way the patriots are playing football this season, i think it will take a miracle to beat the bengals this week. Even in the two games the patriots won, they looked very unimpressive. The patriots just got by on the jets and bills, and the way they played against denver, i dont see the patriots losing by anything less than 21 points this week. Tom brady has to get his head out of his ass, and stop being such a cry baby about branch not being around. Hes a professional, and im sick of hearing these cry ass excuses, get over it TOM. I can see being upset about him being gone, but to walk around the feild with his head down, like your mourning the death of your father is pathetic. On top of everything else, this years play calling is the worst i ever seen. Unless the patriots and tom brady really do some preping for this weeks game, i dont see nothing but a total blow out.

Teams can turn around more quickly than you think. Just because we had a crappy first three games does not neccesarily mean that we will have a crappy fourth game. It doesn't always work like that.

If Brady shows up and the injuries god blesses us this week, I think it will be a pretty damn good game.

I feel like I am the only one with faith here, unfortunately.

Keep in mind who Tom Brady is and who Bill Belichick is. While they may have been out of character these past few weeks, they're still the same people. They're bound to come out of their shell sometime.

Have some faith people.

Well, I think most of us here have faith too, but when reality brings us back down to earth it's kinda hard. I truly believe that we will get destroyed next weekend, and with two L's so quickly I believe it will get us to refocus and get us back in shape. However, until then, I simply think that the Bengals are too much for us to handle right now.

But who knows, I am prone to being wrong :D

If we are 3-2 going into the bye, that's not bad, not bad at all. Up 3-0 in the division is a good feeling.

This team will be completely different if a certain player starts playing like we have seen him do for the past five years. The fate of the game rests with number 12.

Of course the defense and running game will need to perform too, but in order to beat this good a team we need a good showing from our guy.

Have you ever actually watched football? If so you'd know that a team can look like the Raiders one week and a superbowl contender the next, and vice-versa. I'm not saying that I think they'll win this week, but proclaiming they'd need a miracle is melodramatic and shortsighted.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Have you ever actually watched football? If so you'd know that a team can look like the Raiders one week and a superbowl contender the next, and vice-versa. I'm not saying that I think they'll win this week, but proclaiming they'd need a miracle is melodramatic and shortsighted.
Im talking about the last three weeks not just last week.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing about the Saints......until tonight. New week, new team. Not to mention Cincy does not have the same defense that the Broncos have. Although, our defense is not too shabby, they got burnt twice, but overall they were danm good. Go ahead get depressed, and while your at it, plunk your money down against Brady, you've earned it. Just make sure you remove any sharp objects before the game starts.

a miracle is having to beat a 14-point favorite rams team in SB 36
same coach, same QB.

Then change my line to "a team can look like the Raiders for three weeks and a superbowl contender the next"

Remember how bad the Steelers looked last year?

skri65 said:
Teams can turn around more quickly than you think. Just because we had a crappy first three games does not neccesarily mean that we will have a crappy fourth game. It doesn't always work like that.

If Brady shows up and the injuries god blesses us this week, I think it will be a pretty damn good game.

I feel like I am the only one with faith here, unfortunately.

Keep in mind who Tom Brady is and who Bill Belichick is. While they may have been out of character these past few weeks, they're still the same people. They're bound to come out of their shell sometime.

Have some faith people.
Wow...I wish I could be as positive as you. To me Brady doesn't seem to be pouting, I see a serious errosion of skill, he was never the best player on our team and it wouldn't take much of a drop off in skill level before it really started to show. I think maybe the Pats should shop him in the off season while he still has some trade value, if he doesn't kill that with sub par play!!

Vegas has Pats +6. They haven't been given that many points since 2001 vs the Rams and we all know what happened that day. I just get that gut feeling that the Patriots can beat the Bengals team and I can even picture it. The steelers gift-wrapped that game for the Bengals. The Steelers had three absolutely critical turnovers against the Bengals. Those turnovers probably cost them 21 points. The Bengals haven’t been able to protect Carson Palmer even when they’ve been primarily running the ball. Palmer’s been sacked 10 times in the last six quarters. The Patriots offense has the potential to fight fire with fire vs the Bengals. The thing that really worries me though is our secondary.

Patsrooter said:
Wow...I wish I could be as positive as you. To me Brady doesn't seem to be pouting, I see a serious errosion of skill, he was never the best player on our team and it wouldn't take much of a drop off in skill level before it really started to show. I think maybe the Pats should shop him in the off season while he still has some trade value, if he doesn't kill that with sub par play!!

You're making a fool of yourself with your comments Patsrooter. Please browse the forums a bit more before posting.

frankiesfly said:
The way the patriots are playing football this season, i think it will take a miracle to beat the bengals this week. Even in the two games the patriots won, they looked very unimpressive. The patriots just got by on the jets and bills, and the way they played against denver, i dont see the patriots losing by anything less than 21 points this week. Tom brady has to get his head out of his ass, and stop being such a cry baby about branch not being around. Hes a professional, and im sick of hearing these cry ass excuses, get over it TOM. I can see being upset about him being gone, but to walk around the feild with his head down, like your mourning the death of your father is pathetic. On top of everything else, this years play calling is the worst i ever seen. Unless the patriots and tom brady really do some preping for this weeks game, i dont see nothing but a total blow out.

I basically agree with everything in your post. The Bengals are loaded, and they want to play us. Rudi Johnson was on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday saying that they are already pumped up to play the old dynasty Pats. The question is will the dynasty team show up at Cincy this Sunday or will the team of the past three games be at Paul Brown Stadium?

You're spot on about Brady. He has to stop sulking about the lack of talent around him or about the FO's incompetence during this past offseason. He has been dealt a crappy hand... deal with it Tom. You didn't win three SB's without dealing with adversity.

The coaching staff must be properly prepared for this game as well. Are we going to throw 20 screens again? Run on every 2nd and 10 again? The Bengals have plenty of big play WR's; they have to be shut down if we are to have a shot.

If a miricle is needed so be it,................................................and there was...........................................................? Pats win next?

No miracle needed. Just better play by the offense and probably a heroic effort by a D that will have its hands full covering Chad Johnson, TJ T.J. Houshmandzadeh and believe it or not, the lawless Chris Henry who I wish we had in our camp sans criminal record/behavior. That kid is beginning to look like a playmaker.

It will be tough. More than likely a loss, but not at all un-winable.

If you want a positive,think of when back in 2004 our mighty Patriots were killing opponents one by one with a 13-1 record I believe..We went down to Miami who was I think 2-12 at the time and they came back to beat us that game....No one gave them a chance to win that game...It may not be a positive look at things because our Pats got beat that day but just to show it can happen if EVERYTHING goes right sunday...

That's why I love the saying,"On any given Sunday..."

I'm worried about the Bengal's playing jump ball with our Dbacks. Carson Palmer loves to just throw the ball up there and let his receivers box out and rebound the ball. I hate that kind of football personally. The defense has to play real tough and not give up touchdowns and the offense needs to get in gear. This scenerio doesn't rise to the level of miracle however.

The D has actually been solid through most of three games. We just need to get some turnovers and we'll be good, even if we get nailed on a couple big plays. And the offense obviously needs to develop something of a passing game. I am worried about the Dillon situation as well. Contrary to the prevailing opinion on this board, Dillon has been the better back for the Pats so far this year.

sieglo said:
The D has actually been solid through most of three games. We just need to get some turnovers and we'll be good, even if we get nailed on a couple big plays. And the offense obviously needs to develop something of a passing game. I am worried about the Dillon situation as well. Contrary to the prevailing opinion on this board, Dillon has been the better back for the Pats so far this year.

I agree that our D has been solid, except for the few big plays, the problem is that our offense can't back our D up after a few mental lapses. It's frustrating to see our D play so well, except sometimes giving up the big plays, and know that our offense can't reward them by getting 3's or 6's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft