PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't it time we talk about the weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if it were heavy rain it could, whacky **** happens in down pour games. Get a lucky fumble or two and maybe you have a chance.

Then the ball would slip out of mariota’s hands in the ensuing drive...the titans are not a bad weather team.

I've read where there is a possibility that Saturday's game could be played under severe weather, and weather can be a great leveler in any football game.

If I'm the Titans I'm thrilled with the prospect of playing the Pats under severe weather conditions. The best part of the Titans offense is their OL going against the weakest part of the Pats defense. And while Brady might be the best bad weather QB in league history, it still affects affects his game, as well as having even more of an affect on the rest of his skill players.

A more hidden effect would be to greatly mitigate the home field advantage. If the weather is bad enough, there will be fans who won't go, and those who do will be more concerned with dealing with the weather, than being loud. It is hard to be loud, when you are battling the elements and for those red seat ****ies, its hard to loud when youi are inside.

I would still expect the Pats to win, but the weather will likely make the game much closer that it would have been under ideal conditions. I'd be nervous if I had a lot of money on this game given the weather forecast.

NEWSFLASH: Ken, there are things called "sites" on the Interwebs (a bunch of tubes) that tell you the weather forecast. It looks OK for Sat night, so no dire weather forecast.

DISCALIMER: Weatherpersons may not always be correct

Mariota and the Titans are a warm weather team, i would assume bad weather would favor us

Mariota and the Titans are a warm weather team, i would assume bad weather would favor us
It's not supposed to be bad, per se, but they are now saying it's going to be cold, with temps dropping sharply into the 20's from highs in the 50's during the day. Damn - there go my feet again!

Then the ball would slip out of mariota’s hands in the ensuing drive...the titans are not a bad weather team.
Probably. Just saying, Titans need some lucky breaks and maybe they’d get em in bad rain. They’re probably getting crushed either way.

Aside from weather, is this the first year, so far, in FOREVER that at least 7 Pats dont have a bad case ofthe flu leading into the first playoff game?

Well, according to numerous Titans fans they are, and it's a big advantage for them.

Why, I have absolutely no idea, but their board makes for fascinating reading.

So lets sum up.
1. I wrote a post about the weather and its possible effects on the game if it proved as bad as initial reports made it seem.

2. Within hours it was completely debunked because the bad weather was likely to end before game time.

3. Given my keen sense of the obvious and the worthlessness of my original post, I suggested that it be deleted by the mods. Though I was proud of the Rosanne Rosannadana reference. ;)

4. Yet despite all this this thread, like a bad JG thread, refuses to die. Please invisible mods where ever you are, have mercy and kill this abomination before it dissipates into a discussion of popular music of the 90's . ;)

They are a run first team that can stop the run. They are built for inclement weather

The titans guards aren’t good. Stack the box make Mariota beat you. He stinks.

Stop the run and we win.

Tell me about it. There’s a thread there on how the pats dynasty has ended.

Not giving Brady a "Patriot of the week" award may have been BB's biggest coaching mistake of his career. :eek::eek:

Yes I'm kidding. (Sometimes my obvious sarcasm is obviously not obvious)

Game time temperature expected to be 20-24 degrees with a wind chill of 10 degrees ...

I do not expect that temperature to affect the Patriots ... not so sure about the Titans.

Tailgaters expected to increase alcohol content
smiley-drinking-beer.gif
to help blood viscosity for the game.
beer-chugger.gif

Last edited:
So lets sum up.
1. I wrote a post about the weather and its possible effects on the game if it proved as bad as initial reports made it seem.

2. Within hours it was completely debunked because the bad weather was likely to end before game time.

3. Given my keen sense of the obvious and the worthlessness of my original post, I suggested that it be deleted by the mods. Though I was proud of the Rosanne Rosannadana reference. ;)

4. Yet despite all this this thread, like a bad JG thread, refuses to die. Please invisible mods where ever you are, have mercy and kill this abomination before it dissipates into a discussion of popular music of the 90's . ;)
Remember Toad the Wet Sprocket?

It's not supposed to be bad, per se, but they are now saying it's going to be cold, with temps dropping sharply into the 20's from highs in the 50's during the day. Damn - there go my feet again!
Have you ever tried those instant warming packs that hunters use, Deb? They fizzle out after awhile, but may help a bit.

Have you ever tried those instant warming packs that hunters use, Deb? They fizzle out after awhile, but may help a bit.
Yes, but they don't work for me. My brother-in-law hit upon a potential solution at the Jets game. He apparently brought a piece of thick cardboard to stand on and it helped, so I think I am going to try this, maybe a big piece doubled over a few times.

Not giving Brady a "Patriot of the week" award may have been BB's biggest coaching mistake of his career. :eek::eek:

Yes I'm kidding. (Sometimes my obvious sarcasm is obviously not obvious)

Obviously.

Ok, so we've determined that the game time weather will be somewhat nasty. How about how much preparation can mitigate the effects of the weather?

I seem to recall one year BB was soaking balls in buckets of water before a practice. What does it really take to get acclimated to the game time conditions?

Ok, so we've determined that the game time weather will be somewhat nasty. How about how much preparation can mitigate the effects of the weather?

I seem to recall one year BB was soaking balls in buckets of water before a practice. What does it really take to get acclimated to the game time conditions?

It's projected to be 26 and cloudy with slight winds. Weather shouldn't be an issue at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back