PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't it time we talk about the weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they don't work for me. My brother-in-law hit upon a potential solution at the Jets game. He apparently brought a piece of thick cardboard to stand on and it helped, so I think I am going to try this, maybe a big piece doubled over a few times.

Pretty much anything that helps separate the soles of your boots from the cold, cold concrete could work. One of those thick foam pads that a lot of garden centers sell for kneeling on when weeding could work.

Ok, so we've determined that the game time weather will be somewhat nasty. How about how much preparation can mitigate the effects of the weather?

I seem to recall one year BB was soaking balls in buckets of water before a practice. What does it really take to get acclimated to the game time conditions?

Doesn't seem like it will be extremely wet come the 8:15pm kickoff.

As of about 9:00am Friday, the Saturday forecast is ...
- rain ending ~1:00pm, with temps falling through the 30s and skies beginning to clear
- kickoff time forecast is for partly cloudy, temps falling through the mid-20s (possibly upper teens by Q4), and winds averaging ~10mph out of the NNW (the open end?) with occasional higher gusts

Dress for cold, not wet.

Well if THAT's the case, as Roseanne Rosanadana used to say, "Nevermind"

Seriously, if that's really what the weather is going to be like, then the mods should simply delete this thread. It's a waste of space.

But then, where would all us weather geeks go?!

Seriously, weather could be at least a bit of a factor in the Falcons at Philly game in the afternoon on Saturday, and possibly even for the Jags at Steelers on Sunday.

Have you ever tried those instant warming packs that hunters use, Deb? They fizzle out after awhile, but may help a bit.

Hand warmers?

Hand warmers?
Yeah, you activate them and then they’re good for like an hour or something. Haven’t used them in 20 years, but assumed there may have been an improvement in the technology by now to where maybe they’d last longer.

I just think it's ridiculous to play football games in cold weather sites at 8:00 PM. It's generally not fun for the fans and it takes away from the athletic skills of the super stars when it's extremely cold, snowy and icy. Yeah, it affects both teams but I'd rather not go to a late night game

In the morning it will be in the high 40s. DO NOT BE FOOLED. Temps will drop drastically and that puddle in the parking lot from earlier will likely be ice. Untreated ice that no one with salt and sand has gotten to yet.

Also be advised that Tom Brady orchestrated a scheme to deflate your tires.

Not giving Brady a "Patriot of the week" award may have been BB's biggest coaching mistake of his career. :eek::eek:

Yes I'm kidding. (Sometimes my obvious sarcasm is obviously not obvious)
Reminds me of the one year I coached little league. After each game, I gave a game ball, signed by all the kids, to the "player of the game." At our post season awards night (after a successful season where we started 0-4, rebounded and finally lost the championship game in the bottom of the 6th), one mom came to me and complained that her son was the only player not to get a "player of the game" award. What could I say

They have toe warmers now too. You need a few of each because they’ll last like maybe an hour.
Yeah, last I had used them you could use them for both your hands or your feet, that’s why I referred to them as “warming packs.” Unfortunately, she said they don’t work for her, though. Just figured I’d throw it out there on the off chance that she may have benefited.

My son-in-law has battery powered shoe lines that keep his feet warm when hunting. They came with and extra battery and will last 4-6 hours. Just don't turn on while you are walking to your deer stand. Wait until you get there.
I've found the hand warmers you can put in your gloves or pocket will last 6 hours.

Pretty much anything that helps separate the soles of your boots from the cold, cold concrete could work. One of those thick foam pads that a lot of garden centers sell for kneeling on when weeding could work.
Good idea - that would provide some cushion too.

I just think it's ridiculous to play football games in cold weather sites at 8:00 PM. It's generally not fun for the fans and it takes away from the athletic skills of the super stars when it's extremely cold, snowy and icy. Yeah, it affects both teams but I'd rather not go to a late night game
Surprisingly there were a lot of tickets on the Exchange a few days ago for this game. The time and forecast probably plays into that big time. And while I am one here who complains about extreme weather because of my uncooperative feet, there's something about being there at night knowing everyone is watching with the whole stadium going nuts. As I said last week, I just wish someone would donate club seats and a helicopter ride to me for every winter game (;-)). Or, maybe Gillette could install heated seats and floors!

My son-in-law has battery powered shoe lines that keep his feet warm when hunting. They came with and extra battery and will last 4-6 hours. Just don't turn on while you are walking to your deer stand. Wait until you get there.
I've found the hand warmers you can put in your gloves or pocket will last 6 hours.
I saw some battery powered socks in the ski store and took a look at them, but they were $200! I bought the $2 foot warmers instead but was again "left out in the cold" by them.

Saturday morning it's supposed to be 52 and raining but by game time, it's supposed to be clear, 25 degrees and dropping during the game.......by the end of the game down to 21 degrees. Because of the cold I'll leave this thread up. I don't see weather as being a huge factor though..hopefully we don't need the cold to win this game!!!

Pretty cool link about the game time weather from Matt Chatham's twitter feed.
NFLWeather.com

Saturday morning it's supposed to be 52 and raining but by game time, it's supposed to be clear, 25 degrees and dropping during the game.......by the end of the game down to 21 degrees. Because of the cold I'll leave this thread up. I don't see weather as being a huge factor though..hopefully we don't need the cold to win this game!!!
After the last few weeks, 25 degrees doesn't exactly feel like cold. And thanks for prolonging my misery by keeping this thread up. ;)

Reminds me of the one year I coached little league. After each game, I gave a game ball, signed by all the kids, to the "player of the game." At our post season awards night (after a successful season where we started 0-4, rebounded and finally lost the championship game in the bottom of the 6th), one mom came to me and complained that her son was the only player not to get a "player of the game" award. What could I say

Could you imagine Mrs. Brady confronting Belichick? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back