PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't it time we talk about the weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the last few weeks, 25 degrees doesn't exactly feel like cold. And thanks for prolonging my misery by keeping this thread up. ;)

It gets worse every time I look...this was from NOAA:

Rain or freezing rain before 2pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet between 2pm and 3pm. Patchy fog before noon. Temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. South wind 10 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no sleet accumulation expected.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind 8 to 13 mph

I don't care about temps in the teens or higher. The only thing I'm worried about weather-wise is this:

"The concern extends into Saturday evening, after the rain has gone. A sudden temperature drop - about a 30-degree drop into the mid-20s - will layer most of the state in a thin layer of ice. The ride home from the Patriots game, for instance, could be a dangerous one thanks to what forecasters are calling a flash freeze."

I don't want to drive home on an ice rink. The first problem is it is near-impossible to drive on ice. The second problem is a lot of idiots don't understand that because "I have AWD, dude." The third problem is we're all drunk.

I don't care about temps in the teens or higher. The only thing I'm worried about weather-wise is this:

"The concern extends into Saturday evening, after the rain has gone. A sudden temperature drop - about a 30-degree drop into the mid-20s - will layer most of the state in a thin layer of ice. The ride home from the Patriots game, for instance, could be a dangerous one thanks to what forecasters are calling a flash freeze."

I don't want to drive home on an ice rink. The first problem is it is near-impossible to drive on ice. The second problem is a lot of idiots don't understand that because "I have AWD, dude." The third problem is we're all drunk.

The folks who believe that 4WD helps them stop on ice are automatically candidates for the Darwin Award. Unfortunately, they're likely to take some of us with them.

Look weatherboy. You can't come at me with a freaking fuchsia tie wrapped around your neck. Got it? Now move on with your stupidly cute deflation joke. hardy har har.

"Hurricane Mariota " der her her

Mariota is walking into a category 5 time Super Bowl champion.

Maybe mid 20s during kickoff? Could that affect the passing game? Hope not.

Leaving soon for the game. Everything here seems dried out - a little windy. Bought a cheap cushion at Walmart to put under my feet! Good luck to the Patriots and have fun everyone going to the game! Go Patriots!!!!

Current Conditions - °F | °C
As of 4:07 PM on Saturday 13 Jan 2018 (Local Time)
No Active Weather Alerts
wx_85.png
Sunny
32°F
Feels Like: 23°
Wind Chill: 23° Ceiling: NA
Heat Index: 32° Visibility: 10mi
Dew Point: 18° Wind: 12mph
Humidity: 55% Direction: 310°NW
Pressure: 29.96" Gusts: 19mph

I just think it's ridiculous to play football games in cold weather sites at 8:00 PM. It's generally not fun for the fans and it takes away from the athletic skills of the super stars when it's extremely cold, snowy and icy. Yeah, it affects both teams but I'd rather not go to a late night game

I think we found Bill Polian's login.....;)

Out on my pool deck it's supposed to be down to 62 degrees at kickoff, but that's 60 with the wind chill!

Out on my pool deck it's supposed to be down to 62 degrees at kickoff, but that's 60 with the wind chill!
So sorry for you.

Figure the wind has already been a factor several times in Philly. Would expect the same in Foxboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3