PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is too much trust being put into josh mcdaniels???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no Pats coach with more excuses given by apologists
At St Louis, in Denver, this past year, the time before

What excuse? He had no off season to implement his offense into the Rams. That is a fact.

There is no Pats coach with more excuses given by apologists
At St Louis, in Denver, this past year, the time before

Did NEM take over another account?

BTW, I was wrong about Belichick scouting Jackson personally. At least I think. Obviously Daboll spent the most time with him scouting, but I thought Belichick spent time with him as well as a lot of FL prospects each offseason.

No. You aren't wrong about BB. I remember that in the papers. Belichick scouted Jackson when he went down to Florida the one year.

The offense has not been a problem for some time......

He personally worked out Jackson and O'Connell
Somehow Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell were not the scouts' favorites yet they were still picked

Belichick clearly makes decisions based on the opinions of his staff and in certain cases there is evidence he went against his scouts

There is more evidence McDaniels is a bad evaluator given his disastrous trades and moves in Denver. Well chronicled

McDaniels even traded a 4th for Maroney

Traded for Greg Salas

Now there are 4 ex Rams guys he's brought
Brought Lloyd who wasn't an outside threat

Stop blaming everything on Belichick when it's obvious he's taking input and influence from McDaniels.

You are giving McDaniels way too much credit. He was a disaster in Denver, clearly in over his head. Joe Ellis fired him and hired John Elway who calls the shots there now. He returned to New England understanding his role is not GM. He also returned knowing the QB could check off on any play he calls. He's a role player and has a voice, but he is not making these decisions.

It does look like BB is giving McD quite a bit of rope. I think its telling that the Pats have taken on more than a few ex-Rams. While McDaniels seems to have some talent, his record over the past years does indicate that he might be a little too "focused" or "blinded" by a specific aspect of a player which leads him to overvalue some players and devalue others.

BB seems to do this too but he has quite a bit more years of experience to help temper this. Look at what happened during his previous head coaching jobs before he stepped backed in a coordinator role to learn a few more things. Hopefully McDaniels grows as well but he still makes me a little nervous with his future plans and he might get a bit too cute at times.

And before bagging on draft picks, how many of you were trashing the Pats 2nd round pick last season?? Mahroney was highly rated as a RB and Welker was never supposed to be make it big in the NFL. Predicting a player's long-term potential is still hit or miss especially when you consider that the position and system all play a huge role in a player's growth.

For many years, the Pats bled coordinators and coaches to other teams and I've always wondered how that has effected the Pats draft picks. The O-Line is always solid because of Scab but other than there, the other positions have had a revolving door of coaches for quite a few season now.

It does look like BB is giving McD quite a bit of rope. I think its telling that the Pats have taken on more than a few ex-Rams. While McDaniels seems to have some talent, his record over the past years does indicate that he might be a little too "focused" or "blinded" by a specific aspect of a player which leads him to overvalue some players and devalue others.

BB seems to do this too but he has quite a bit more years of experience to help temper this. Look at what happened during his previous head coaching jobs before he stepped backed in a coordinator role to learn a few more things. Hopefully McDaniels grows as well but he still makes me a little nervous with his future plans and he might get a bit too cute at times.

And before bagging on draft picks, how many of you were trashing the Pats 2nd round pick last season?? Mahroney was highly rated as a RB and Welker was never supposed to be make it big in the NFL. Predicting a player's long-term potential is still hit or miss especially when you consider that the position and system all play a huge role in a player's growth.

For many years, the Pats bled coordinators and coaches to other teams and I've always wondered how that has effected the Pats draft picks. The O-Line is always solid because of Scab but other than there, the other positions have had a revolving door of coaches for quite a few season now.

Careful

There are a few McDaniels' relatives /Pats PR accounts here who will attack you

Careful

There are a few McDaniels' relatives /Pats PR accounts here who will attack you

No, everyone's just annoyed at your assertion that Bill is apparently nothing more than a yes man to his OC on personnel decisions.

You've posted bits and pieces of your rant across nearly a dozen posts across the forum

The wide receivers he drafted which are Manning's receiving corps are not too shabby.

The wide receivers he drafted which are Manning's receiving corps are not too shabby.

Yup.

McDaniels is pretty atrocious at evaluating talent, but WR is the one position where there's an exception.

Lets also not pretend that the lack of an outside threat wasn't a problem before McDaniels came back. To blame the limited group of receivers we have on him is ******ed when they were just as limited and lacking in outside threats during 2010 and 2011 when McDaniels was gone. Brandon Lloyd is actually the best outside receiver they've had since Moss, so McDaniels has if anything made it better.

So are you claiming that BB has just turned over the offense to McDaniels, or are you claiming that Kraft has stripped authority from BB, or are you claiming that McDaniels has Jedi mind powers and is making decisions without consulting either of them?

BB "I don't want Amendola, I'll pass, let's resign Wes"

Josh "You want Amendola, sign him and pass on Wes "

BB "I want Amendola, let's sign him and pass on Wes"

http://gifsoup.com

He personally worked out Jackson and O'Connell
Somehow Maroney, Jackson, O'Connell were not the scouts' favorites yet they were still picked

Belichick clearly makes decisions based on the opinions of his staff and in certain cases there is evidence he went against his scouts

There is more evidence McDaniels is a bad evaluator given his disastrous trades and moves in Denver. Well chronicled

McDaniels even traded a 4th for Maroney

Traded for Greg Salas

Now there are 4 ex Rams guys he's brought
Brought Lloyd who wasn't an outside threat

Stop blaming everything on Belichick when it's obvious he's taking input and influence from McDaniels

Funny thing, when he was in Denver, his picks turned out pretty good. :rolleyes:

Yup.

McDaniels is pretty atrocious at evaluating talent, but WR is the one position where there's an exception.

Lets also not pretend that the lack of an outside threat wasn't a problem before McDaniels came back. To blame the limited group of receivers we have on him is ******ed when they were just as limited and lacking in outside threats during 2010 and 2011 when McDaniels was gone. Brandon Lloyd is actually the best outside receiver they've had since Moss, so McDaniels has if anything made it better.

He isn't that bad. Denver's drafts were fairly good when he was there.

The Pats had an interest in Amendola prior to McDaniels working with him.
They got Fells from Denver. He NEVER played for McDaniels previously.

The Pats brought Lloyd, who excelled in PATS offense run by McDaniels both in Denver and in St. Louis.

They traded for Salas because he was an outside receiver who was drafted by the previous regime.

They added Hoomanawanui only after Shiancoe went on the in-season IR and there really wasn't a whole lot available to add from around the league.

Your wrong about all the other position coaches being revolving doors. Peppers has been working with the D-line and linebackers since he joined the team in 2001. This is Ivan Fears 12th year as the RB coach. Prior to that he was the Pats WR Coach from 1999 - 2001. McDaniel has been working with the Offense since he joined the Pats way back when.

The Pats are on their 3rd OC since BB got here. Yes, they are on their 4th DC, but that's because of the Mangini defection. They are only on their 2nd Special teams coach, I think.

The areas where they have had more than a few is among the defensive backs and the receivers.

Funny thing, when he was in Denver, his picks turned out pretty good. :rolleyes:

Some of them did. Others didn't. Such as Alphonso Smith. Tim Tebow. Knowshawn Moreno.

We just countered your accusations with the book quote. Perhaps you could acknowledge your errors rather than doubling down?

He is going to have a melt down when McD takes over for BB. :D

Some of them did. Others didn't. Such as Alphonso Smith. Tim Tebow. Knowshawn Moreno.

Maybe Tebow will be the next free agent sign...:D

But, Drop Kick thinks that all of McD's guys are terrible. I know that he isn't the best talent evaluator, but, he isn't that bad.

I don't think too much trust is being placed JMcD. But I will stick with my statement that this team will not win a SB with him as OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes