PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is their any chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That we could trade the two first rounders for a high first round pick? If so I'd want Dwayne Jarett, although it may not be necesary. He amazed me against ND tonight.

Jarrett shows inconsistent effort from game to game. As expected he torched ND tonight when he knew the scouts were watching, when he could smell the money. Top 10 talent, questionable motivation. IMO not a Pats type player.

I like Jarrett but there's no way I want to spend two #1s on one. I wouldn't even do that with Calvin Johnson. Those two #1s are gonna go a long way in rebuilding our back 8 on defense.

I like Jarrett but there's no way I want to spend two #1s on one. I wouldn't even do that with Calvin Johnson. Those two #1s are gonna go a long way in rebuilding our back 8 on defense.

who said u need to trade all your 1st rounders? depending on how far Jarrett falls..you might get him at 15-20 and we just trade 1 of oru 1st rounders + a 3, 4 or 5 to move up a few spots

I like Dwayne Bowe from LSU in rd 2-3. Team first, workaholic, gritty, never drops a pass. Steve Smith would be great too in rd 3. His hands are glue and he shows up every game.

Steve Smith would be great too in rd 3. His hands are glue and he shows up every game.
Yeah, I became interested in him when I heard Mike Mayock say he's likely to go around the third round. I like him a lot there. I guess we'll see how the team likes Caldwell, Gabriel, Jackson and Gaffney as they're all signed through next year (and Jackson two years beyond that).

Smith is not nearly as fast as I thought he was. It's really hard to imagine him creating a lot of separation unless it's out of the slot and we already have a slow WR (Brown) in that position and another on the PS (Bam).

We desperately need speed at WR and ILB for next season.

I fail to see the infatuation that some fans have with drafting WRs high. How has that worked out for the Lions?

We could use a bruiser RB to spot Maroney since Dillon really appears to be slowing down, a blocking TE if Graham leaves, and another WR....

...but if we don't draft ANY offensive players next draft the Pats will be just fine. Not so for our defense. We need to spend our premium picks on the back eight, we can't afford to wait any longer.

With those compensation picks, maybe we can address some of our offensive concerns after the 3rd round, but this needs to be a heavily defensive draft if we are to stay on top.

Last edited:
We need to spend our premium picks on the back eight, we can't afford to wait any longer.

With those compensation picks, maybe we can address some of our offensive concerns after the 3rd round, but this needs to be a heavily defensive draft if we are to stay on top.

Agree on a defensive heavy draft (overall). But don't try and guess which round we draft for offense -- that's not how it works. We could have 3 major needs on D and zero on O and lo and behold our first pick is an offensive player. Value will be the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents