PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is The Razor's Darkside Like The Darkside of FedEx Field? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is The Razor's Darkside Like The Darkside of FedEx Field ?

Fedex Field is right on the Metro in DC. /QUOTE]

I think you may be confusing Fed Ex with the Verizon Center.

I've been to a dozen NFL stadiums and it's pretty much the same deal wherever you go (except for Philly). Really it's all random, out of 70,000 fans you could be surrounded by a decent group or the worst. If you want to use the crowd as an excuse for not going, then it's probably not a good idea to go to ANY game. But if it's for a game at Philly, I understand, that crowd is horrible. Be warned!

Fedex Field is right on the Metro in DC. /QUOTE]

I think you may be confusing Fed Ex with the Verizon Center.

Morgan Blvd is less than a mile away and the the Landover station has shuttle buses.

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/directions.jsp

I rode the MBTA for years and rode the Metro a few months ago on vacation and I have to say the Metro makes the T look like Mr Rogers ******ed train. Much cleaner, faster, and easier to use in general.

Was that when the 'skins played at RFK? It's night and day for those of us on the west side of the beltway now. It used to be easy to drive into RFK, park in a large field on the southwest side of the stadium, and the walk wasn't bad. Exiting the parking lot after the game was easy, and I could be at my home in NoVA in 45 minutes. FedEx is a brave new world!!!

Nope... just last year we went to the Skins - Giants game... was not so bad. Coming up from Fairfax/NoVA area I would imagine being horrible - only because it always is :)

The only fan dangerous experience I ever had was the old Fenway Park Pats games. Guys sitting in the $3 bleacher seats would smash beer bottles and fight with them. I was young and stupid so it just seemed adventurous back then. Later, at Sullivan Stadium it was raucous with many more drunks than today, but I never had any bad problems taking my daughter.

Excessive beer drinking has always been a problem, but I think what's different at games today is the societal acceptance of really bad language and normalization of the stripper culture for Jr High and HS girls. Fortunately, I haven't heard or seen that at Gillette. The Krafts have done a good job discouraging the drunken lout element.

Where the Krafts have fallen down is that the traffic and parking fiascos, always problematical, have been greatly exacerbated by the Patriots Place development. It's now so difficult geting in and out that it's finally ruined the game experience for me.

ummmm, fraid not bub. If you are on the field, or the sidelines, or the booth, you are living the experience. In the stands, you are just observing the event like everyone else. You just have to go through lot more, and pay a lot more to do so.

Nonsense. Have you ever been to a live NFL game, "bub"? You see, feel and hear so much more AT the game than watching on television there is no comparison. That, my friend, is the experience I'm talking about.

this has been a very interesting discussion so far.

i haven't been to a "live" nfl game since I left Boston 17 years ago, but you can count me among those who would like to be able to bring his kids to a Pats' game in the next couple of years so they can see Brady play and watch Belichick on the sidelines (watching them is watching "history" folks, have no doubt about it; 100 years from now, they will be talking about this team and these larger than life figures). So, I'm disappointed to hear that the stands are controlled by idiots who think that young boys shouldn't be at the game, presumably because they are too young to drink and make fools of themselves.

Too bad.

I'm disappointed to hear that the stands are controlled by idiots who think that young boys shouldn't be at the game, presumably because they are too young to drink and make fools of themselves.

Too bad.

It's not like that at all. Usually when there are kids in the area, people act civilly. One guy who sits a couple rows down from me even buys a Pats pennant at halftime for whatever kid nearby is attending his first game.

Last edited:

Going to the game v. watching it on TV is like going to a movie theater vs. watching a DVD.

Going to the game v. watching it on TV is like going to a concert rather than listing to a CD.

Live events are experiences as opposed to passive entertainment. I watch sports, watch DVDs, and listen to CDs at home all the time, but every once in a while (at least) it's special to get out and experience things happening live. Someone who never does that is definitely missing something.

I have been lucky so far on the rowdy fan front, though. I took my six year old to her first games at Gillette and at Fenway this year with no problems.
If you had to sit in cetain parts of some stadiums and open your mouth for the visiting team, you'd rather the six year old be a Doberman. Oakland is one. The old Vet in Philadelphia?

this has been a very interesting discussion so far.

i haven't been to a "live" nfl game since I left Boston 17 years ago, but you can count me among those who would like to be able to bring his kids to a Pats' game in the next couple of years so they can see Brady play and watch Belichick on the sidelines (watching them is watching "history" folks, have no doubt about it; 100 years from now, they will be talking about this team and these larger than life figures). So, I'm disappointed to hear that the stands are controlled by idiots who think that young boys shouldn't be at the game, presumably because they are too young to drink and make fools of themselves.

Too bad.

Gillette is a fine place to bring kids. The stands are policed and there are always security types nearby. Bring your kids to see Brady. They will never forget that you did. If you're overly concerned there is a family section with no beer allowed but again, I have not seen problems at the stadium that would make it bad for kids.

P.S. Some folks brought 2 year olds to the snow game against the Jets. That I would not recommend just because of weather and walking through the zoo that is parking. That's unsafe in slippery weather for toddlers.

Last edited:

Are some of you embracing the fact it's harder for parents to bring their kids to football games?

That's disgusting.

Are some of you embracing the fact it's harder for parents to bring their kids to football games?

That's disgusting.
It is. But we have similar problems with inter-team decorum on this board, so its not like its unpalatable.

Re: No Game for a Family

I grew up with season tickets to the Patriots and, while I like breasts and beer as much as the next man, I certainly did not turn into some kind of depraved human being because of it. (Then again, the author seems to imply that going to a football game was, once upon a time, an "activity for the family"... when, during Prohibition?)

I dare these people to go to a soccer or rugby game in Europe. They make your average NFL game look like a wine and cheese night with the Vanderbilts by comparison.

Re: No Game for a Family

These freakin granola crunchers and tree huggers need to get a life and realize how precious life is and just relax. Seriously why spend 1 min of your life worrying about this

Another mind boggling article. And the guy is writing a book too?? If this guy thinks a Deadthings game is bad he should drive north to the "City That Loves You Back". Yes that's the latest slogan. Fans would arrive at 6am for a 4pm game. Good times.

This guy acts like he can walk around America and expect everyone to act the way he teaches he son to act. Well buddy it's not that way unless you live in one of those gated communities.

The crap on TV and video games is way worse then a bunch of drunken slobs at a football game. That being said you shouldn't curse around children.

I never get loaded for a Pats game. I want to enjoy and remember the experience. Back in Philly though we ate and drank for hours beforehand.

I have to say, the Jets game I just went to I brought my wife and while she was cold and miserable we had no problems with anyone there. They were throwing snow a lot but where we were in section 203 we never got hit so that wasn't a big deal. Most of the people I saw or met were nice and respectable. I wouldn't have any problem bringing a kid to the game and I intend to in a few years when we have a little one.

The worst thing I heard or saw was people chanting bull**** after a bad call. It was a bull**** call so I really didn't mind LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News