PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible Folk AND Nordin?

I just don't see a massive undercurrent of kicker needs across the league that would up the demand for Folk so much that he's in immediate danger of being scooped up if cut. There are at least 4-5 other free agent vets available according to a couple websites similar to Folk (age and stats) as well.

Plus they cut him before and he wasn't signed immediately. If I was confident this was a potential Super Bowl team - I'd say go with the vet, but I still think they're MAYBE a playoff team (barring catastrophic injuries). The risk/reward return on investment at this point would seem to favor keeping the kid.

This makes a lot of sense if it's a development year. I think BB is going to go for it this year with a vengeance. and Folk is as solid as they come within 42 yards.

This makes a lot of sense if it's a development year. I think BB is going to go for it this year with a vengeance. and Folk is as solid as they come within 42 yards.
Folk was as solid as they come last year. He has been injured, hasn’t been practicing, and has occasionally sucked in the past. Anointing him the god of kickers is foolish. Hoping he gets better and does as well as he did last year is fine but no guarantee. They have to have two kickers if Folk is one of them until he gets better at a minimum.

The Pats are not the Colts. They are not going to waste a roster spot to keep two kickers.

I wasn't a big fan of bringing back Folk last year. I didn't think he had a great 2019 season. But he proved me wrong. Keep him as the team's kicker and put Nordin on the practice squad. After Thursday, it is doubtful he would be picked up by another team.

Nordins big leg comes with risk.

Yeah, its nice to hit those 50+ FGs until you miss them and give your opponent sweet field position. Nordin was a 75% accurate FG kicker at UM. Quinn Nordin - Football - University of Michigan Athletics

Currently, Nordin is an 80% accurate kicker for NE missing 1 FG out of 5 attempts. Maybe he hits 100% vs the Giants. Folk was virtually money last year, but hes 37 in a few months. Tough call. If either is let go, Dallas and New Orleans are both having kicker problems. Unless he is hurt, Folk wouldnt be out of work longer than 24 hours.

LOL at the Quinn Nordin Fan Club.

Billy should've done a better job of keeping the Young Ho like the Early Bird wanted him to do.

LOL at the Quinn Nordin Fan Club.

Billy should've done a better job of keeping the Young Ho like the Early Bird wanted him to do.
He had a good season last year...

1629678852216.png

I just cannot fathom Folk getting cut.

Surely he will play some vs NYG.

Seemed like the 2nd post (first response) was the right option, now to go back and see what the other 47 posts were about.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back