PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible Folk AND Nordin?

I know it sounds crazy, but while making a roster the 55th player seems marginal. It's someone like Joejuan Williams, Anfernee Jennings, Matt LaCosse, Montravius Adams, or even Brandon Bolden. You get the idea.

Is there a chance Bill keeps two kickers, IRs Folk, and gains a three week trial with Nordin? Then he uses the last spot for a player not claimed or as he often does anyway, tries out a player from another team. With the unlimted IR rule and looser practice squad rules it might be a last chance to get a look at real NFL FA talent.

This all depends on Folk being hurt, but it's a discussion for a day.
Having 2 kickers on the roster is not entirely unheard of. I have seen teams do it when they want one guy for kickoffs and the other for FG's. Having said that, I don't see it happening here.

I know it sounds crazy, but while making a roster the 55th player seems marginal. It's someone like Joejuan Williams, Anfernee Jennings, Matt LaCosse, Montravius Adams, or even Brandon Bolden. You get the idea.

Is there a chance Bill keeps two kickers, IRs Folk, and gains a three week trial with Nordin? Then he uses the last spot for a player not claimed or as he often does anyway, tries out a player from another team. With the unlimted IR rule and looser practice squad rules it might be a last chance to get a look at real NFL FA talent.

This all depends on Folk being hurt, but it's a discussion for a day.
The worst thing a decision maker can do is doubt himself and hedge his decisions.

I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad idea, in no way do I want to lose Nordin, especially if he’s really good the next few weeks.Doesn’t have to be 100% perfect, but it would help his cause. The greatest, most clutch kicker in NFL History (Vinatieri), 3 of his first 6 years were under 80% for field goals, finally hit on 90% in his 7th year. I remember hearing stories Parcells wanted to cut him early in his career.

We’ve had bad luck cutting kickers who wind up being good. Younghoe Koo being that last one (8 for 8 from 50+ last year).
Kraft stepped in on Younghoe. The jokes were just too easy with Kraft's history.

Kraft stepped in on Younghoe. The jokes were just too easy with Kraft's history.
I know, laughed while typing Young-hoe

Cant go awry with the trifecta.

$_12.JPG

It does certainly make practice squad for Nordin a slight possibility.

Practice squad for Nordin. No team is going to trust him with the job after last night.

It does certainly make practice squad for Nordin a slight possibility.

Practice squad for Nordin. No team is going to trust him with the job after last night.

This was the best outcome for The Patriots. Eventually the inconsistency was going to show. Nordin needs a sports psychologist.

They can stash Nordin on the practice squad easily now.

I generally agree that the can probably make the PS now, but there are some freakin' needy teams out there at the Kicker position... I don't entirely trust that some team wouldn't still sign him to their 53 or claim him on waivers...

I generally agree that the can probably make the PS now, but there are some freakin' needy teams out there at the Kicker position... I don't entirely trust that some team wouldn't still sign him to their 53 or claim him on waivers...

Nordin went undrafted. Nobody thought him good enough for even camp competition for this very reason.

I know organizations are soft, but after this performance someone will flip 180 and give him a 53 roster spot?

Other teams can have him if they want to sabotage their kicking game. He can spend some quality time on our practice squad, but I think it should take some time to earn back trust after yesterday.

I wouldn’t cut a position player to keep Nordin, I would rather they have Bailey work on his FG skills. If Nordin clears waivers I would PS him.

I would say that if last nights performance had nothing to do with the Eagles kicker being out of the game and he was pooch shanking those wide rights…..he should be cut immediately…..sorry two weak pooch shanks for XP’s …..after him banging long FG after long FG…..I’m not sure what’s going on…..obviously if Folk is healthy we want him back…..maybe Nordin to PS ….don’t think anyone will grab him….(unless ultra sloppy display last night was a BB joke!!)

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back