PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Ashworth worth what Seattle paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
texpat said:
Maybe on that one play, but what about the other 56 offensive plays. Get a life!

Yes, he misread the rush. Looks like he thought they would be blitzing from the outside. But that in "itself" did not cause the INT. I have seen Brady make great throws while getting hit, knocked down, and rushed, and in this case he made a poor throw and decision. He tried to force something that wasn't there. That is what makes Brady a great QB, but it bit him that time.

If you seriously think this turned the entire season... for the worse, then you frankly didn't watch the entire year.

Watch the play again. He had blockers on the line to the left of him. He was playing inside on that play. Misread the rush to the outside? Not possible. There were two defenders there. Watson had the outside. Ashworth had the inside guy. Brady called a roll out to the right!!! Why in the world would you double up the outside guy and just stand there and watch the inside guy blow through on a rollout to the right?

It was also pretty obvious that Brady knew exactly what was going on because he threw the ball a split second before the jailbreak pass rusher hit him.

And yes, that play ruined the whole season. We all know it did.

I have a life, do you? Don't take yourself so seriously.

upstater1 said:
Watch the play again. He had blockers on the line to the left of him. He was playing inside on that play. Misread the rush to the outside? Not possible. There were two defenders there. Watson had the outside. Ashworth had the inside guy. Brady called a roll out to the right!!! Why in the world would you double up the outside guy and just stand there and watch the inside guy blow through on a rollout to the right?

It was also pretty obvious that Brady knew exactly what was going on because he threw the ball a split second before the jailbreak pass rusher hit him.

And yes, that play ruined the whole season. We all know it did.

I have a life, do you? Don't take yourself so seriously.

Denver blitzed all day. Ashworth missed a pickup. Get over it. It didn't cost us the season (unless you are a simpleton.).

texpat said:
Denver blitzed all day. Ashworth missed a pickup. Get over it. It didn't cost us the season (unless you are a simpleton.).

So, the Bailey INT didn't cost us the game? It was GAME OVER right there. That cost us the season. Were it not for Ashworth's bonehead error, the Patriots would have gone ahead of Denver right then and there, perhaps won the game, and hosted Pittsburgh.

You continue to miss the technical X and Os side of this. You keep saying Ashworth simply msised his assignment. You said he was expecting to take the outside guy. Well, if that's the case, how do you explain the fact that he had Patriots' blockers outside him on the line? How do you explain the fact that Brady was rolling out to the right, away from Ashworth's left shoulder? Unless you're a simpleton, what you're arguing simply makes no sense.

Ultimately, I'm not even arguing that Ashworth missed his assignment. I'm saying he didn't try to block anyone. He stood there like a stiff. Didn't even move. He didn't move an inch or make any effort at all. He froze. He choked. I'm saying the guy sucks. As in, he has no ability. I'd take Max Lane over Ashworth any day.

upstater1 said:
I kid you not when I say you could have done a better job. If you were in their for Ashworth, the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl.

There's no point in arguing with an idiot that would make a statement like this.

upstater1 said:
So, the Bailey INT didn't cost us the game? It was GAME OVER right there. That cost us the season. Were it not for Ashworth's bonehead error, the Patriots would have gone ahead of Denver right then and there, perhaps won the game, and hosted Pittsburgh.

You continue to miss the technical X and Os side of this. You keep saying Ashworth simply msised his assignment. You said he was expecting to take the outside guy. Well, if that's the case, how do you explain the fact that he had Patriots' blockers outside him on the line? How do you explain the fact that Brady was rolling out to the right, away from Ashworth's left shoulder? Unless you're a simpleton, what you're arguing simply makes no sense.

Ultimately, I'm not even arguing that Ashworth missed his assignment. I'm saying he didn't try to block anyone. He stood there like a stiff. Didn't even move. He didn't move an inch or make any effort at all. He froze. He choked. I'm saying the guy sucks. As in, he has no ability. I'd take Max Lane over Ashworth any day.

Making judgements about a player based on 1 play is truly rational. You are so much smarter than Holgrem, Pioli, and every other professional in the NFL. I guess BB has a hotline direct to you to get your input whenever he needs it.

What a joke.

texpat said:
Making judgements about a player based on 1 play is truly rational. You are so much smarter than Holgrem, Pioli, and every other professional in the NFL. I guess BB has a hotline direct to you to get your input whenever he needs it.

What a joke.

And yet you chose to argue.

I assume that anybody in Ashowrth's position would have done something. Dropped to the ground. Rolled over. Anything. Flinched. That would have been more than what Ashworth did.

He sucks. But I guess you can't say that anymore because of touchy-feely sensitive fans like you. This is football. I'm sure he's been told he sucks before. You're taking more offense at it than he would.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to agree with you on that one. Ashworth sucks.

where you at, texpat?

texpat said:

What a joke.
i grew up in houston, TP.
am an expatriot living unhappily in new england, have been here for a long time now.
funny, i still think of myself as 'a texan living in new england', not a new englander. must be the barbecue. you can't find any worth eating north of times square. i know i've tried.
tell me where you are, how'd ya wind up following the paaats.

upstater1 said:
And yet you chose to argue.

But I guess you can't say that anymore because of touchy-feely sensitive fans like you. This is football. I'm sure he's been told he sucks before. You're taking more offense at it than he would.

It's funny how awhile back you said "you just don't go for the QB's knees", in regards to C. Palmer, sounds like that's coming from a touchy-feely sensitive fan.

So I'm confused, IS THIS FOOTBALL or do you enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth?

texpat said:
It's funny how awhile back you said "you just don't go for the QB's knees", in regards to C. Palmer, sounds like that's coming from a touchy-feely sensitive fan.

So I'm confused, IS THIS FOOTBALL or do you enjoy talking out of both sides of your mouth?

Yeah, I enjoy it when people dive at Brady's knees, but I hate it when people say crappy players suck. That's me. :snob:

Bostonian1962 said:
I see alot of you say that Givens isn't worth $5M a season, and 34 year old Willie Mac is not worth $4M per season, I agree. But should the Patriots have matched the reported 5 year $13.5M ($4.5M in 2006 w/ the bonus) for Tom Ashworth!

I am undecided, but am interested in what you all think.

With his injury history, the 5 years would scare me off big time.

BTW, Light only makes 1/2 that much this year.

No Bostonian, TA is not worth that kind of money to the Pats.

He can be replaced for less money @ = or better value, I think.? :rolleyes:

wrangler said:
No Bostonian, TA is not worth that kind of money to the Pats.

He can be replaced for less money @ = or better value, I think.? :rolleyes:

Thanks Wrangler and you others. Like I say, you all have me convinced. Ashworth was not worth overpaying. I'm like so many others, in that I know by the time camp rolls around, I will love the makeup of our team.

Bostonian1962 said:
I'm like so many others, in that I know by the time camp rolls around, I will love the makeup of our team.
Many others are still in panic mode...or chicken little mode...you are way ahead of that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News