PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else sick of hearing about Jackie Robinson?

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Jackie Robinson was a dam good player who was the first black player (by 6 months) in MLB.
He made it to the hall of fame and he had his number retired by every
MLB team.

Why every team.... wasn't the Dodgers enough?

This is his 62nd year anniversary and I believe the Red Sox are planning
some type of celebration.

Will year number 62 be any different than 63, or 64?

It is not the 50th, 75th, or 100th.

Why does MLB feel the need to celebrate him every year?

Why do the Red Sox honor him?
He didn't even play for the Red Sox.

How many people know who Willie O'Ree is?
He was the first black player in the NHL.
He played for the Bruins, and we never hear of him.
He is no different than Jackie Robinson, without the hype.

Jackie Robinson was a dam good player, but he was no Ted Williams !
Lets not forget, Ted game up the prime of his career to defend his country.

Jackie was the first black in MLB by 6 months.....

Jackie Robinson has been honored, & honored & honored.
He has been honored more than any player in sports History !

Enough is enough !

Last edited:
The Red Sox had a chance to sign him but passed, maybe they still feel stupid about that and want to honor him every year like he actually did play for them..........

Why does it bother you so much? :confused:

im sick of a lot of things when it comes to race. there is now a black president. i dont want to hear about racism anymore. blacks have more than equal rights now and its time to let it go. its time for al sharpton and jessie jackson to fade away and get a real job instead of race baiting. that being said jackie robinson went thru all kinds of sh!t back then. he truly had a lot to complain about. he deserves to be recognized and remembered for all time for how well he handled the unbelievable racism he went thru. to be able to play at a high level while receiving death threats and being treated like dirt by many on his team and many in the league is truly a great accomplishment. so no i am not sick of hearing about jackie robinson.

Last edited:
im sick of a lot of things when it comes to race. there is now a black president. i dont want to hear about racism anymore. blacks have more than equal rights now and its time to let it go. its time for al sharpton and jessie jackson to fade away and get a real job instead of race baiting. that being said jackie robinson went thru all kinds of sh!t back then. he truly had a lot to complain about. he deserves to be recognized and remembered for all time for how well he handled the unbelievable racism he went thru. to be able to play at a high level while receiving death threats and being treated like dirt by many on his team and many in the league is truly a great accomplishment. so no i am not sick of hearing about jackie robinson.

I have the same opinion as you

Jackie Robinson did not break the color barrier the Dodgers owner did. Jackie was giving too much recognition when he was put in the Hall of Fame.

Technically he wasn't even the first black player in the majors. After the civil war attitudes were approaching colorless for a few decades and there were lots of black players. It wasn't until just before the turn of the century that the doors closed. In other words, we regressed as a nation and it wasn't just Baseball. Baseball followed the trend.

T Jefferson said:
"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."
Posted btw, to the Declaration of Independence of course, not some silly messageboard

We have Jackie Robinson, as well as many others, to thank for putting teeth in that statement. Before him on many levels and for many 'men' it was a joke.

Last edited:
I think you're really downplaying what Jackie Robinson did, playing in an era of constant public racism and hatred against you.

But I agree it's odd everyone is celebrating his 62nd anniversary. Perhaps it's because we have a half-Black President now.

Jackie Robinson was a dam good player who was the first black player (by 6 months) in MLB.
He made it to the hall of fame and he had his number retired by every
MLB team.

Why every team.... wasn't the Dodgers enough?

This is his 62nd year anniversary and I believe the Red Sox are planning
some type of celebration.

Will year number 62 be any different than 63, or 64?

It is not the 50th, 75th, or 100th.

Why does MLB feel the need to celebrate him every year?

Why do the Red Sox honor him?
He didn't even play for the Red Sox.

How many people know who Willie O'Ree is?
He was the first black player in the NHL.
He played for the Bruins, and we never hear of him.
He is no different than Jackie Robinson, without the hype.

Jackie Robinson was a dam good player, but he was no Ted Williams !
Lets not forget, Ted game up the prime of his career to defend his country.

Jackie was the first black in MLB by 6 months.....

Jackie Robinson has been honored, & honored & honored.
He has been honored more than any player in sports History !

Enough is enough !

Well done remaining consistent with the weekly race hate you spew in the PoFo... Beauties like these:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d-mccain-card-take-heat-obama.html#post809575

On Michelle Obama:

The will also get the point across that she is a women who hates white people. ... True or False, she fits the mold.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ls-murdered-within-week-page3.html#post834141
I think everyone has a little racism in their blood, and I am not afraid to admit that I do to a degree. I have no problem pointing out the reverse racism that is used by affirmative action.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/83658-new-tape-page2.html#post913091
Until the election is over, I am not going to give the Princess a pass on
Whitey-Gate.

You think you deserve kudos because you're open and honest about your ad nauseum racism? LOL... Yeah, you hate brown-skinned people (and the connotations people like YOU assign to them). We get it.

If you can't understand the symbolism and importance behind Jackie Robinson, and the honoring of him as a man, then you're one of those people who's just so far gone you can't ever be helped. Meanwhile, the world is moving on, and your sentiment is dying out more and more with each passing decade.

Somewhere in that second link above, you mentioned that even your wife tells you that you're racist. Well, I guess the people who love us most know us best.

Last edited:
It's so heartwarming to hear that racism is behind us, that we don't need to be celebrating Jackie Robinson anymore, nor do we probably need any type of affirmative action as we now have a black President.
In my lifetime, as a die hard Sox fan, I grew up believing Tom Yawkey was one of the greatest owners and that the team president was an honorable baseball man. During high school I was overjoyed that the Sox got one of the best base stealer's in baseball by a guy named Tommy Harper. As a kid, I never missed a day of reading the newspapers, and people say the news isn't reported accurately today? I watched Henry Aaron circle the bases as he broke Babe Ruth's home run record. No pressure there. What decade was that again?
Come to find out, the owner was a racist along with the team president, thus, they did not sign Robinson, nor other black athletes, and became the last major league team to do so. Tommy Harper couldn't sit with his teammates at breakfast in Lakeland because he wasn't allowed service. I lived in Florida as recently as five years ago, and in Texas 7 years ago, and racism is alive and thriving. Currently, I receive emails from my good ole friends in Texas as confirmation.
Jackie Robinson's number was retired by every major league team in baseball. What a shame you have to put up with that. Isn't it about time we did away with that "I had a dream" holiday too. Come on, there must be another Christopher Columbus out there.

so called affirmative action is a policy based on race . it discriminates against people based on the color of there skin. it has run its course. blacks have every opportunity in this country to be what they want to be. there is nobody stopping them but themselves. to give someone extra points on a test because of there skin color is wrong. jobs should be awarded on merit. best score comes to mind. are there people out there who are still racist? yes but institutionalized racism is a thing of the past. its time for jesse and al sharpton to get a real job and stop race baiting.

Last edited:
so called affirmative action is a policy based on race

One problem your closet racist motive isn't taking into account is that without affirmative action, all the top schools would be East and South Asian students, not White. Affirmative action helps Whites more than it does Asians; the system actually makes it harder for Asians to get in and gives their spots to Whites and Blacks.

One problem your closet racist motive isn't taking into account is that without affirmative action, all the top schools would be East and South Asian students, not White. Affirmative action helps Whites more than it does Asians; the system actually makes it harder for Asians to get in and gives their spots to Whites and Blacks.

Post of the month right here.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ls-murdered-within-week-page3.html#post834141
I think everyone has a little racism in their blood, and I am not afraid to admit that I do to a degree. I have no problem pointing out the reverse racism that is used by affirmative action.

You think you deserve kudos because you're open and honest about your ad nauseum racism? LOL... Yeah, you hate brown-skinned people (and the connotations people like YOU assign to them). We get it..

The scary part is there are many racists like coj who say the same thing on sites like stormfront complaining about these issues, and that their membership is growing.

typical:rolleyes: im a racist because im against affirmative action? your brainless. i dont care if the schools are filled with blacks whites Asians whatever. i want the most qualified people with the best grades and the best test scores to get the jobs and scholarships. the color of somebodies skin should never enter into it. you know what you can do with you're racist comment . not all people that are against affirmative action are white. yet you assume im white when you have no idea. btw do you have something against Asian people? you're a hypocrite.

Last edited:
i dont care if the schools are filled with blacks whites Asians whatever. i want the most qualified people with the best grades and the best test scores to get the jobs and scholarships.

If this is what you really believe, then don't complain if all the top universities are literally all East and South Asian students in this merit-based system you are advocating for. What cracks me up is when people start complaining about affirmative action and want a meritocracy, but at the same time these same people are complaining about all those highly skilled, educated immigrants coming here and taking "our jobs".

If this is what you really believe, then don't complain if all the top universities are literally all East and South Asian students in this merit-based system you are advocating for. What cracks me up is when people start complaining about affirmative action and want a meritocracy, but at the same time these same people are complaining about all those highly skilled, educated immigrants coming here and taking "our jobs".
if they score better on tests and get better grades i say good for them. as long as they are citizens of the united states why would i care if they are Asian or anything else? most people have a problem with illegal immigrants taking jobs not people who immigrate to this country the legal way and become US citizens.

Last edited:
Well done remaining consistent with the weekly race hate you spew in the PoFo...

Nice job doing your homework Clint !

Too bad thay you did not pick out a saying that I use quite often in my
posts.

All people should be treated equal. Nobody should receive any type of
advantage based on their race or color of their skin.

I am sure that is racist too?

Yes... I am 100% against affirmative action based on race..
I would not have a problem with affirmative action if it gave veterans a
slight advantage over people who never served their country.

Getting an advantage just because of the color of your skin is wrong.

I question why we keep celebrating Jackie Robinson and ignore Willie O'Ree.

It could not have been easy being the 1st black player in the NHL.

If that is racist..... Sign me up !

Last edited:
You think you deserve kudos because you're open and honest about your ad nauseum racism? LOL... Yeah, you hate brown-skinned people (and the connotations people like YOU assign to them). We get it..

Hey Clint.... you did not include the post that said - I hate brown-skinned
people

Why is that?

I know.... because you made it up !
You freaking liar !

I don't hate anyone based on the color of their skin.
I don't respect of fear someone based on the color of their skin.
I say all people should be treated equal (What's wrong with that?).

I am sick of hearing about Jackie Robinson.
I do not believe he should have had his number retired by every major
league team.

I never said that I hated anyone based on the color of their skin.

Hey Clint.... you did not include the post that said - I hate brown-skinned
people

Why is that?

I know.... because you made it up !
You freaking liar !

I don't hate anyone based on the color of their skin.
I don't respect of fear someone based on the color of their skin.
I say all people should be treated equal (What's wrong with that?).

I am sick of hearing about Jackie Robinson.
I do not believe he should have had his number retired by every major
league team.

I never said that I hated anyone based on the color of their skin.

I'll respond with the same sentiment I responded to your unsolicited, pissy, turrets-laiden private message to me a moment ago:

You don't have to plainly exclaim "I hate brown-skinned people" for your overt racism to shine through. All you need to do is examine your very consistent body of work throughout the PoFo. It's always some "why don't whites get the same benefit?" or "see? this black murdered someone!" heralding (paraphrased). You can stomp your feet and sugarcoat and justify your position all you like. It's not changing any perception here. Perhaps you should just change your forum name, sorta like Blackwater and the PNAC chose to do to repair their image. Getting all untucked about the harmless and harmonious honoring a particular baseball player? Is that souring your breakfast cereal somehow? Who cares? ... It's just typical misplaced outrage by an anger-filled racist in denial.

I didn't "make up" anything. Your actual words:

This is not the first time my politically correct wife has called me a racist.

I think everyone has a little racism in their blood, and I am not afraid to
admit that I do to a degree.​

Your justifications and conditionality sound more and more like a semantics argument.

I question why we keep celebrating Jackie Robinson and ignore Willie O'Ree.

It could not have been easy being the 1st black player in the NHL.

So take that "outrage" up with the NHL. Don't blame Jackie Robinson for it. Get it yet?

If that is racist..... Sign me up !

Worry not. You've been on that list for quite some time now.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back