CB Justin Coleman - Hand
WR Julian Edelman - Knee
DB Duron Harmon - Knee
WR Keshawn Martin - Hamstring
G Shaq Mason - Knee
DE Jabaal Sheard - AnkleRead

FULL PARTICIPATION
none listed

I can deal with the fact that Jamie Collins is likely going to miss this game. But when I look at this list and see that our 3 top OT's are still not participating, I'm having a little trouble coping. If you adin Solder's loss, it becomes almost incomprehensible. I severely doubt that in the last 2 decades any NFL team has ever had to deal with the loss of their top 4 OT's from the start of the season. The ONLY thing that is keeping my head from exploding is the fact that BB's INaction leads me to believe that he is a lot less nervous than I am....and I don't know why, yet somehow it comforts me. ;)

1. It could be because he knows that at least one of the 3 OT's who didn't practice today will make a miraculous recovery in time to play this week.

2. It could be that he's moving Williams to OT this week, and knows he can do the job.

3. it could be that he's comfortable to play Stork at RT, and knows he can do the job

As OLmen fall faster than you can cope with (4 on the injury report and a 5th on IR), BB decided to add a LB to the 53, and brought in RB's to work out. :eek: That should confirm that we shouldn't expect Collins this week. But it still doesn't make much sense. I mean where are the OLmen. At this point I wouldn't even ask him to sign anyone, just bringing in a few to work out would make me feel better.

Thank god the Giant DL might be the weakest DL we've played thus far. However even a one handed JPP on Cam Flemming isn't something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Dion Lewis' loss might be what the mediots are all focused on, but for some reason they just ASSUME that the OL will be fine. Well they've had a week to prepare for whatever they are planning and that is a good thing. Injuries always have more impact when the happen on game day. Even when the talent drops significantly having a week to prepare can mitigate some of the loss But it is still likely they will be playing the game with only 6 offensive linemen and not one of them will have more than 3 years experience. :eek:

OK, those are my suppositions. What do you think it all means?

Last edited:
There is still an open roster spot. I'm guessing they're waiting until they know for sure that Vollmer and Cannon will be out, and once confirmed, will promote the PS tackle that performed the best in practice this week. Just a guess though.

Not to worry....BB is coaxing Bruce Armstrong out of retirement.....

The fact that Stork is playing three positions on the OL at the NFL level is simply ridiculous- that's incredibly hard to do. I have no idea how he does that.

OUT
No Players Listed.Read

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
OL Marcus Cannon - Toe
LB Jamie Collins - LB
G Tre' Jackson - Knee
OL Sebastian Vollmer - ConcussionRead

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
CB Justin Coleman - Hand
WR Julian Edelman - Knee
DB Duron Harmon - Knee
G Shaq Mason - Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
none listed

I can deal with the fact that Jamie Collins is likely going to miss this game. But when I look at this list and see that our 3 top OT's are still not participating, I'm having a little trouble coping. If you adin Solder's loss, it becomes almost incomprehensible. I severely doubt that in the last 2 decades any NFL team has ever had to deal with the loss of their top 4 OT's from the start of the season. The ONLY thing that is keeping my head from exploding is the fact that BB's INaction leads me to believe that he is a lot less nervous than I am....and I don't know why, yet somehow it comforts me. ;)

1. It could be because he knows that at least one of the 3 OT's who didn't practice today will make a miraculous recovery in time to play this week.

2. It could be that he's moving Williams to OT this week, and knows he can do the job.

3. it could be that he's comfortable to play Stork at RT, and knows he can do the job

As OLmen fall faster than you can cope with (4 on the injury report and a 5th on IR), BB decided to add a LB to the 53, and brought in RB's to work out. :eek: That should confirm that we shouldn't expect Collins this week. But it still doesn't make much sense. I mean where are the OLmen. At this point I wouldn't even ask him to sign anyone, just bringing in a few to work out would make me feel better.

Thank god the Giant DL might be the weakest DL we've played thus far. However even a one handed JPP on Cam Flemming isn't something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Dion Lewis' loss might be what the mediots are all focused on, but for some reason they just ASSUME that the OL will be fine. Well they've had a week to prepare for whatever they are planning and that is a good thing. Injuries always have more impact when the happen on game day. Even when the talent drops significantly having a week to prepare can mitigate some of the loss But it is still likely they will be playing the game with only 6 offensive linemen and not one of them will have more than 3 years experience. :eek:

Who is the #3 OT that is on the injury report?

Vollmer doesn't really need to practice to play he is as solid an OT as there is in the NFL and has enough experience that he won't be hampered by the lack of practice.

Who is the #3 OT that is on the injury report?

Thanks, I kept reading it over and feeling like I was missing something.

Ken, is it possible that you've mixed up Jackson with Fleming?

Thanks, I kept reading it over and feeling like I was missing something.

Ken, is it possible that you've mixed up Jackson with Fleming?
I must have done just that when I was hyperventilating after seeing the Pats only have one OT that is practicing, and he was on the PS earlier this month and wasn't good enough to make the team in September. :eek: BTW it really doesn't make me feel better knowing that the Pats are only carrying 3 OT's on the roster and 2 aren't practicing. ;) sort of.

Seriously, I don't doubt that the Pats and McDaniels will work out something that will likely do the job to protect Brady reasonably well (2 sacks or less). However people have to understand that to do that comes at a cost. The offense will be limited in the plays that it can run, and the formations and motions it can operate from. Also the personnel packages will be limited.

Again thankfully the fact that the Giants might have the worse defense we will fact all year mitigates some of the horror. But that all changes next week.

The 8-0 record is even more impressive when you consider all the players on IR that either were starters/key players or players we thought had a lot of upside.

Dion Lewis
James Develin
Daryl Roberts
Tarell Brown
Nate Solder
Ryan Wendell
Brandon Gibson
Tyler Gaffney
Rufus Johnson
Chris Jones

I must have done just that when I was hyperventilating after seeing the Pats only have one OT that is practicing, and he was on the PS earlier this month and wasn't good enough to make the team in September. :eek: BTW it really doesn't make me feel better knowing that the Pats are only carrying 3 OT's on the roster and 2 aren't practicing.

Seriously, I don't doubt that the Pats and McDaniels will work out something that will likely do the job to protect Brady reasonably well (2 sacks or less). However people have to understand that to do that comes at a cost. The offense will be limited in the plays that it can run, and the formations and motions it can operate from. Also the personnel packages will be limited.

Again thankfully the fact that the Giants might have the worse defense we will fact all year mitigates some of the horror. But that all changes next week.
I expect Chris Barker to get the bump to the active roster if Vollmer cannot go. They used him at LT a lot in the preseason and he wasn't awful.

OUT
No Players Listed.Read

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
OL Marcus Cannon - Toe
LB Jamie Collins - LB
G Tre' Jackson - Knee
OL Sebastian Vollmer - ConcussionRead

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
CB Justin Coleman - Hand
WR Julian Edelman - Knee
DB Duron Harmon - Knee
G Shaq Mason - Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
none listed

Belichick just FedExed JPP a box of fireworks.

Well they just filled the empty spot with LB Eric Martin so expect Collins to be out this week.

We have an empty roster spot, I assume they're holding that to promote an OT unless Cannon or Vollmer can play.

The fact that Stork is playing three positions on the OL at the NFL level is simply ridiculous- that's incredibly hard to do. I have no idea how he does that.

My guess is that David Andrews is that good at C and he has only played at that position. And one can go on and on about how Stork is the better C; talk about size and all, but they need both of them in the lineup this year, and Andrews has held the position down. Also, we all know how BB loves versatility.

I expect that Belichick considers Stork as good as the other choices at RT. As you say, we are facing the worst DL in the league.

On the other hand, missing Collins and having Coleman are more serious issues.

The 8-0 record is even more impressive when you consider all the players on IR that either were starters/key players or players we thought had a lot of upside.

Dion Lewis
James Develin
Daryl Roberts
Tarell Brown
Nate Solder
Ryan Wendell
Brandon Gibson
Tyler Gaffney
Rufus Johnson
Chris Jones

If others are healthy, this is a shorter list of top players than most contenders. I'm not worried about your list. I'm worried about Vollmer, Cannon, Collins and Coleman. IMHO, the only serious difference maker on your list is Lewis, although obviously a case could be made for Solder and Brown.

Gotta get healthy for the Donks game. This game is out of conference.

If others are healthy, this is a shorter list of top players than most contenders. I'm not worried about your list. I'm worried about Vollmer, Cannon, Collins and Coleman. IMHO, the only serious difference maker on your list is Lewis, although obviously a case could be made for Solder and Brown.
I am not sure about that the list has our starting LT, starting RCB, starting RB, starting FB, and starting OG.

I .....

Seriously, I don't doubt that the Pats and McDaniels will work out something that will likely do the job to protect Brady reasonably well (2 sacks or less) people have to understand that to do that comes at a cost. The offense will be limited in the plays that it can run, and the formations and motions it can operate from. Also the personnel packages will be limited.

....next week.

I dont want to paint you as a nervous-nelly, you have valid concerns. And i dont want to have rose-colored glasses, but...

Exactly how many variations of a pass and of a run blocking scheme are there for the 5 primaries? TB in the past has called the OL blocking scheme from under center for the standin center (a couple years ago).

I think talent-level concerns and interoperability are greater concerns than limited play sets because of OL shortages.

I dont want to paint you as a nervous-nelly, you have valid concerns. And i dont want to have rose-colored glasses, but...

Exactly how many variations of a pass and of a run blocking scheme are there for the 5 primaries? TB in the past has called the OL blocking scheme from under center for the standin center (a couple years ago).

I think talent-level concerns and interoperability are greater concerns than limited play sets because of OL shortages.
It is not so much about what the 5 OLmen do, it is what you have to give up in the way of formations and attacking the defense to protect them from the defense. Against a strong pass rushing DL like the Bills and Denver have, you simply can't have plays that leave them 5 on 4 and have to hold the ball more than 2 seconds. That closes off all those plays from your game plan.

Like I said, the Pats can likely get by with Flemming and Stork as our 2 OT's against what the Giants have to offer, but it won't fly against the Bills and Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes