PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From Tomase's blog:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia is a physical freak. Wearing cutoff sleeves and looking like an all-around badass, the man they call “Scar†runs 100-yard sprints with the linemen and then sprints some more on his own after everyone else has left the field. He’s 58 going on 25. The Patriots have kindly asked us not to report anything coaches say during practice, which is a shame, because Scarnecchia could fill this blog by himself. We’d love to tell you how he refers to what he considers weak blocking as “a pillow fight,†but we’re not allowed.

I have noticed that Tomase has been repeatedly violating the gentleman's agreement that the media had struck with the Pats to not repeat what is actually being said in mini-camp. He goes as far as to point this out in this article, that he really shouldn't be telling us, but since he is such a low life, snivelling dog turd, he'll tell us anyways, and to hell with the Pats!

This makes Tomase a man who can't be trusted, in my opinion.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I have noticed that Tomase has been repeatedly violating the gentleman's agreement that the media had struck with the Pats to not repeat what is actually being said in mini-camp. He goes as far as to point this out in this article, that he really shouldn't be telling us, but since he is such a low life, snivelling dog turd, he'll tell us anyways, and to hell with the Pats!

This makes Tomase a man who can't be trusted, in my opinion.

Chill dude, he gave us a small anecdotal quote. If a reporter's desire to make an interesting and informative article makes him a 'snivelling dog turd' then I guess I should have gone to school for creative writing instead...

Scarnecchia is the man, he is loyal to the Pats and has done a tremendous job with the O line, particularly in those patchwork times. Must be a physical freak to be doing all those wind sprints at 58.

I think every Patriot fan knows about his exercise routine after practice, but I haven't heard of how vocal he is during practice.

Bruschi On Tap:

He's quoting the Pat players in several articles, and this is all in violation of what he agreed in order to be allowed to camp. Then he goes and admits as much. Very, very clever of him! Wink, wink, nod, nod.

But I will tone down the rhetoric if I am being too offensive, however!

pats1 said:
I think every Patriot fan knows about his exercise routine after practice, but I haven't heard of how vocal he is during practice.

I guess i missed it or forgot it somehow, but I've been a season ticket holder since '94 and this was the first I'd heard about Scar running sprints with the team. What else is part of his exercise regimen after practice?

Tunescribe said:
I guess i missed it or forgot it somehow, but I've been a season ticket holder since '94 and this was the first I'd heard about Scar running sprints with the team. What else is part of his exercise regimen after practice?

I don't remember where I've read it before, but the last time I can remembering hearing about it was last summer. At training camp, I also remember him running laps around the field after practice.

Tunescribe said:
From Tomase's blog:

The Patriots have kindly asked us ...s happen hapen frequently. This confirms it.

My perception is that it happens frequently in the normal course of affairs for the Pats to lay down ground rules to the media for covering training camp or practice, and that this sort of thing would be covered at the pre-planned press conferences.

However, I don't believe that the media was taken aside and told exactly how to report the Corey Dillon situation in the middle of the season, for many reasons. Mostly by looking at all the reports, and massive speculation that went on all season. If Belichick gave the media some sort of secret scoop about Dillon, it sure didn't come out that way. The media was clearly as confuzzled as the rest of us, and had any number of theories on Dillon.

I think anything that applied to Dillon was simply a blanket policy, like don't mention our injuried players in practice. I have not seen anything at all that could remotely suggest that the media knew Dillon's situation last year. If so, they really cut him deep....

I'll sleep on it and tell you how i feel in the morning.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
My perception is that it happens frequently in the normal course of affairs for the Pats to lay down ground rules to the media for covering training camp or practice, and that this sort of thing would be covered at the pre-planned press conferences.

However, I don't believe that the media was taken aside and told exactly how to report the Corey Dillon situation in the middle of the season, for many reasons. Mostly by looking at all the reports, and massive speculation that went on all season. If Belichick gave the media some sort of secret scoop about Dillon, it sure didn't come out that way. The media was clearly as confuzzled as the rest of us, and had any number of theories on Dillon.

I think anything that applied to Dillon was simply a blanket policy, like don't mention our injuried players in practice. I have not seen anything at all that could remotely suggest that the media knew Dillon's situation last year. If so, they really cut him deep....

I'll sleep on it and tell you how i feel in the morning.

If there's one thing BB is famous for its doing everything he can to keep player injury information away from other teams

The way I see it, BB asking the media to do him a favor and refrain from reporting an observation- specifically Dillon's inability to cut left - would not be out of character. That's exactly what BB asked the reporters to do with the Assistant Coaches - although admittedly that's a slightly different situation.

Curran recently stated that he observed last season that Dillon could not cut left after coming off the DL.

Now how often did Curran actually report that Dillon could not cut left last season? Not at all that I can remember. Doesn't that strike you as something worth reporting?

What was reported as "confusion" on the "is he or isn't he injured" last year now comes across as - "oh yeah - I knew all along he couldn't cut left"

There's no way to prove or disprove such a conspiracy theory, but the fact remains that BB does take the media aside and ask them to follow certain groundrules... and the notion that BB would establish certain groundrules when it comes to reporting on player injuries - information that he guards MOST closely - would seem to be a good candidate for any such groundrules.

Its all about BB doing what he can to give his team as big an advantage as possible...

What's in it for the media you ask? If the Patriots do well, ergo the Patriots media does well.

Its a pretty good system, just as long as a lazy reporter doesn't have his hopes pinned to a return of the Hugh Millen era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News