Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting bit from Ryan Hannable:

Stephen Gostkowski explains real-life reason why he needed hip surgery last season

“If I kept playing on it and I kept doing more and more damage on it, I was looking at being 40 and having hip replacement," he said. "Getting it taken care of sooner rather than later helped prolong my active lifestyle and possibly to continue playing.”

Still wonder how badly this was affecting his accuracy given how consistent he had been. I also wonder how long he had been dealing with it, whether it was a nagging thing over the course of a couple of seasons, etc.

Interesting bit from Ryan Hannable:

Stephen Gostkowski explains real-life reason why he needed hip surgery last season

“If I kept playing on it and I kept doing more and more damage on it, I was looking at being 40 and having hip replacement," he said. "Getting it taken care of sooner rather than later helped prolong my active lifestyle and possibly to continue playing.”

Still wonder how badly this was affecting his accuracy given how consistent he had been. I also wonder how long he had been dealing with it, whether it was a nagging thing over the course of a couple of seasons, etc.

The longest and most accurate Pats kicker ever was hurt and trying to play through it. If he recovers I'd welcome him back.

Glad he made the correct decision and stopped playing before doing hip replacement damage. Best hoops player I ever played pickup with had to quit in his 40s because of pending hip replacement need. Too young to start with that crap. Complete hacks like myself could play into late 50s because didn't do forceful damage in competitive school athletics. Ages later, zero knee or hip issues vs good athletes.

Looks like Ghost has been suffering "hip damage" beginning with the 2015 AFCC...

Last edited:
How did he get hurt?

What was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand