PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inside the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a fan of brandon marshall. why do the jets allow him to do that show???
And talk about Jeckyl and Hyde. He's actually rational and well-spoken on that show and not the nut-job he is on the field. It's crazy. :rolleyes:

And talk about Jeckyl and Hyde. He's actually rational and well-spoken on that show and not the nut-job he is on the field. It's crazy. :rolleyes:

Funny, I actually think he adds the best commentary and insights into the show.

All I care about is the substance of what he says. I'm not hung up on how he looks or how he says it.

He's pretty good. I give him a solid B or B-.

Radio and especially television are all about how people sound and look. And I haven't heard much quality commentary from Schein and I watch it often...but maybe not for long. I really do love the camera work on their videos.

I still have the superbowl edition of Inside the NFL...but James Brown was hosting it. Brown's voice was wonderful for the show....Schein's voice is horrific to me and I can't get by the fact his glasses look 3 inches thick. But that's just me.

When Warren Sapp was on the NFL network, he looked psychotic with those wide eyes and awful body-language. Even if he had not been caught doing misdeeds, he didn't deserve to be on any television show.

Adam started off this season by screaming every phrase, to the point where you could see guys around him looking uncomfortable with how bad he was. The only solace is it's taken him a quarter of the season to moderately begin to tone it down, but he's at least starting to. Guessing he's heard plenty of criticism online, so he seems to be adjusting.

Hoping by mid to end of the season he's finally reeled in but, you're right, weeks one and two had me having to constantly work my thumb to raise and lower the volume anytime he spoke...it was painful. He's making progress, so I'm hopeful he'll be better as the weeks go on. But I mostly watch it for the NFL Films footage anyway, the analysis is down my list of reasons - although once in a while something interesting comes up. But it's always something I try and watch each week.

Your post sums up my feelings and opinion on Schein. But you're likely more patient than I am.

Radio and especially television are all about how people sound and look. And I haven't heard much quality commentary from Schein and I watch it often...but maybe not for long. I really do love the camera work on their videos.

I still have the superbowl edition of Inside the NFL...but James Brown was hosting it. Brown's voice was wonderful for the show....Schein's voice is horrific to me and I can't get by the fact his glasses look 3 inches thick. But that's just me.

When Warren Sapp was on the NFL network, he looked psychotic with those wide eyes and awful body-language. Even if he had not been caught doing misdeeds, he didn't deserve to be on any television show.

I focus on what these analysts are saying more than how they look, but I can understand many are affected by their appearance..

I focus on what these analysts are saying more than how they look, but I can understand many are affected by their appearance..

Did you like James Brown as host over Schein?

As I mentioned, on THAT show, I hate any in-studio talking that takes precious moments away from the NFL Films. So even Sinatra singing would be like nails on a chalkboard to me in that situation.

That being said, Brown is a nice guy with absolutely no spice to his opinions (in fact, I can't remember him ever having an opinion). He's a Master of Ceremonies. Schein is more of a discussion instigator.

This is weird timing. Just a week or so ago i saw him on i think a cbs show with Rich Gannon and was thinking wow this guy is terrible and makes the whole show feel cheap and corny. Then i saw him again on inside the NFL and couldn't believe he was hosting it. Totally agree though, guy isn't just a nerd, but a strange nerd.

It's funny, with Brown I just listened and he kind of blended into the show, never noticed him and thought he handled things well in his role. Schein's yelling in week one had me like, "woah, who is this guy and can he tone it down a bit?" Never saw anything wrong with Brown and was disappointed to not see him return, but I guess more because of Schein being so obnoxious.

Schein's just one of those guys where "one of those things is not like the other" - but again, as long as he at least keeps reeling himself in I can deal with it. I have a natural tendency to root for the underdog, so I'd like to see him settle in and become a good fit with that group.

It's funny, with Brown I just listened and he kind of blended into the show, never noticed him and thought he handled things well in his role. Schein's yelling in week one had me like, "woah, who is this guy and can he tone it down a bit?" Never saw anything wrong with Brown and was disappointed to not see him return, but I guess more because of Schein being so obnoxious.

Schein's just one of those guys where "one of those things is not like the other" - but again, as long as he at least keeps reeling himself in I can deal with it. I have a natural tendency to root for the underdog, so I'd like to see him settle in and become a good fit with that group.

I think the host is supposed to just blend in. But at least he had that musical voice that gave one that "familiar feeling" once the show started. To me, that's what Brown provided.

Honestly, I wish they could resurect John Facenda like back in the day and just run the video tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes