PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm having that 2001 feeling all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First let me say that since game 5 I had no expectations that this Patriots team would make it to or win the SB. I'm always hopeful but did not have expectations Same expectations that I had during the 2001 season.

It didn't matter if they played the Steelers, Bengals, or Bronco's, I just wanted the Patriots badly to win the first playoff game to get that playoff losing monkey off their backs. That is now out of the way.:D

Now seeing the way the defense played with focus, energy, speed, and assignment integrity, I'm now having some second thoughts about my expectations.

In 2001 I didn't think they would beat the Steelers and then just hoped that the Rams would not blow this team out in the SB.

Anyone else have the same thoughts before last nights game and are now thinking a little differently?

First let me say that since game 5 I had no expectations that this Patriots team would make it to or win the SB. I'm always hopeful but did not have expectations Same expectations that I had during the 2001 season.

It didn't matter if they played the Steelers, Bengals, or Bronco's, I just wanted the Patriots badly to win the first playoff game to get that playoff losing monkey off their backs. That is now out of the way.:D

Now seeing the way the defense played with focus, energy, speed, and assignment integrity, I'm now having some second thoughts about my expectations.

In 2001 I didn't think they would beat the Steelers and then just hoped that the Rams would not blow this team out in the SB.

Anyone else have the same thoughts before last nights game and are now thinking a little differently?

I think I was so happy the Pats made the SB, but I too was praying to NOT be blown out by the Rams. I don't feel like we are playing with house money this season. I expect to win the AFCCG and feel we can stand up to anyone in the SB.

I think I was so happy the Pats made the SB, but I too was praying to NOT be blown out by the Rams. I don't feel like we are playing with house money this season. I expect to win the AFCCG and feel we can stand up to anyone in the SB.

Completely agree. Gotta take care of business next week, but if they play like they did last night - we're going to Indy.

We finally won a playoff game and looked great doing it. This fan considers 2011 to be a sucessful Patriots season. As far as I am concerned, the rest is gravy.

I really enjoyed this season because my expectations were what they were.

Next week I'll be a basket case before kickoff. :D

I really enjoyed this season because my expectations were what they were.

Next week I'll be a basket case before kickoff. :D

I wasn't nervous for this game...next week i will be

Not even close to 2001....come on man!.....

In 2001 I was happy and shocked the Pats made the SB, never mind won it....
in 2004 I expected them to win the SB......
this season is somewhere in the middle of expectations....good chance to make it....but I will be pleasantly surprised with a SB win.

With the way the defense played i can't see balmore or the texans being able to stop them so i think they make the SB. The only team that gives me the HeBe GeBe's are Giants

Last night was exactly what I expected, so it didnt change my opinion at all.
It did confirm my suspision that Brady is focussed and on a mission, and I do not expect him to be stopped by anyone.

Last night was exactly what I expected, so it didnt change my opinion at all.
It did confirm my suspision that Brady is focussed and on a mission, and I do not expect him to be stopped by anyone.

I agree.

After he threw the pick, then overthrew Welker the next series, he got that glazed look like last year for a minute and I was thinking "oh sh!t not again." Shows you not to read too much into body language. He and Belichick are on a damn mission this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vegas made the Pats favorites in a NE/GB super bowl.

I have confidence in this team, more like a 2004 feeling:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore