Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
he just ran a 4.53 (unofficially ) I believe according to NFL Network

Stewart Bradley ran a 4.69.

Good times for big men (250 lbs). Just the kinda of freaks we want. :D

David Harris weighed in at 243 and ran a 4.53.

Right now those three are the best candidates for ILB in my book.

From Peter King MMQB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/26/indy/4.html

I think it's hard not to root for Steve DeOssie's boy Zak, a 6-4 1/2, 250-pound linebacker and long-snapper from Brown -- the first Brown player ever invited to the combine -- and former Bill Belichick ballboy with the Patriots. "I hope football's going to be my life for a long, long time,'' he said, soaking up some media before hitting the RCA Dome today for his trial. "I'd play for an expansion team in Hawaii, I don't care.''

His Brown major: Public and Private Sectors of Organization. His Brown classes this term: Ancient Samarian writing ("deciphering tablets,'' he said), business management, Russian literature. Four times a week since November, he drove an hour from his Providence campus to a workout facility run by the same man who trained legendary workout warrior Mike Mamula for the Combine, Mike Boyle.

After an impressive showing in the Hula Bowl, Zak's hoping to run a 4.5 40 today so he can assure his mid-round draft status. "He's redeemed my faith in a lot of ways about what a student athlete should be,'' said his agent, Brad Blank.

My heart says sign the kid. Talk about a plug and play prospect. The kid is a young BB in mind and spirit and has even better measurables than pinky! (his dad). Phillips, Brown (different school, but still Ivy league), majors in organizational development, was ball boy for the team, friend of the family. Is he some kind of scientific experiment to develop the perfect ILB for this team or what?

Something in the pit of my stomach says he gets taken before we are ready to, though.:(

My heart says sign the kid. Talk about a plug and play prospect. The kid is a young BB in mind and spirit and has even better measurables than pinky! (his dad). Phillips, Brown (different school, but still Ivy league), majors in organizational development, was ball boy for the team, friend of the family. Is he some kind of scientific experiment to develop the perfect ILB for this team or what?

Something in the pit of my stomach says he gets taken before we are ready to, though.:(

I was all for drafting Mosi Jr. (Lofa's real name). And I couldn't believe that Seattle took him as high as they did (#45 overall). Zak has pretty much the same story, Lofa went to Maine and then transferred to SoCal. Bets are that Zak could have done the same thing two years ago, but he chose to stay at Brown. 6'4" 4.5, plus a long snapper, anyone who wants him is going to jump the Patriots in the draft order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST