PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Have HFA No Team In The AFC Will Be Able To Beat Us In January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm still convinced that if we'd played the Broncons at home the outcome of the game would've been different in playoffs.All we have to do is get HFA and we should be the favorites to win the whole thing next year.I don't think there's a team that can beat the Pats in the snow at home in January.Teams are scared to come to the Razor in January.

You sound like a Colts fan saying all we need is HFA.

No kidding - if BB heard him say that he'd assume he was a Colts fan. It's fine to think that way but to proclaim it is just idiotic. The bye is plenty advantageous, just a week to rest a few injuries and plot and plan the next opponents demise.

But when this team is right they don't need advantages beyond the ones in our locker room.

clearly an home field advantage would give us a strong advantage

still i think the Pats could win in the play-offs on road games

i was very confident on DEN game and i still think today we could have won there

infortunately we made, as we know, too many mistakes that killed ourselves

anyway let's hope in a strong and good regular season first of all then the Patriots, as usual, will be strong contenders and as usual nobody would like to face us (expecially in Foxborough)

now it is July so...we have to 'suffer' only a two months and then...finally...the Nfl will start again

Willie55 said:
You sound like a Colts fan saying all we need is HFA.
Took the words outta my mouth. I half-retched when I read that.

Watch the trolls come swimming in after this tasty bait. :D

Last edited:
Haterproof said:
I'm still convinced that if we'd played the Broncons at home the outcome of the game would've been different in playoffs.All we have to do is get HFA and we should be the favorites to win the whole thing next year.I don't think there's a team that can beat the Pats in the snow at home in January.Teams are scared to come to the Razor in January.

Well, that was a short season.:D

RayClay said:
Well, that was a short season.:D
For one year I would love to see what we could do with a fairly healthy team. If you really think about it we have not been a healthy team since 2002. So its even more amazing that we have won three supebowl titles in the last five years.

NEM said:
We should have beaten them in Denver last January. Even with all of our miscues, we would have beaten them. Remember, the officials , literally, handed them two touchdowns.

This is not an excuse, we made many mistakes...but the officiating was very poor and a couple of key decisions really had a major factor in the outcome.

Now, if nothing else, the NFL officials have evened the score for the "tuck" call,which in my opinion had a psychological effect on the calls in Denver.

Why do you feel there was a score to settle for the officials? It is clearly evident that the right call was made in the Oakland - NE game, replays and countless reviews have proved this to be true. If any call was blown, it was the illegal blow to Brady's head that should have been called.

As for the Denver game, I think the Pats know the blame rests squarely within themselves. They just could not get out of their own way that game - too many errors and blown assignments to overcome.

I will always wonder what would have happened had Watson made the block on the Bronco that ended up getting through, untouched to force Brady's throw.

Go ahead...watch the 5:00 of video from that game which shows the plays leading up to Baileys pick......and make yourself sick again. Givens miss was not too cool on that same drive as you will see on the play before the interception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Ltkrovi4&search=touchback

reading this post was kind of strange.... The guy was just saying how he feels theres no way we can lose if we have home field, and i agree.

Some of the comments responding to him reek of attitude and are pretty rude. I don't understand what the point of posting in his thread is if you are just going to cry about what he wrote. Deal with it.

Keegs said:
reading this post was kind of strange.... The guy was just saying how he feels theres no way we can lose if we have home field, and i agree.

Some of the comments responding to him reek of attitude and are pretty rude. I don't understand what the point of posting in his thread is if you are just going to cry about what he wrote. Deal with it.
Exactly. If we played Denver at home...he is right, we would have won. If you truly thought of us playing Denver in January at home, in Foxboro, with the fans, players and everybody pumped up. No way we lose that game, the same game wouldnt have happened. Alright just think of it and you'll also believe we would have won that game was it at Gillete...but it wasnt, we had some bad losses to the Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos in the regular season that problably kept us back from being anywhere in contention of getting a first round bye and a game in Foxboro.

The refs did blow that game. The players let it get to them yes, but who wouldnt have let it get to them? While our defense was pretty much smothering the Broncos running game and Plummer doing nothing, a prayer and an offensive pass interference actually ended up with a defensive pass interference. There was a frigging referee standing there and he made the wrong call. There was no excuse, he either doesnt know the rules, or he wasnt paying enough attention to what was going on as they came running into the endzone. Touchdown Broncos

If a referee was down there when Watson nailed Bailey they could have possibly made a reasonable call on the play, they didnt have a clue what happened and it was too late and too difficult to overturn anything on the challenge. Touchdown Broncos.

Thats 14 points they got out of controversial or wrong calls. Plus tack on the missed fair catch interference. Brown bobbled the ball but he still has the chance to catch the ball before it hits the ground. Was it going to hit the ground? Yes, but the Broncos player nailed Troy before it hit the ground therefore Pats ball plus a penalty on them.

Total Offense:

Pats...412 yards

Broncos...292 yards

Pats...21 rushes, 3.8 yards per run, Broncos 32 rushes 3 yards per rush. Statistically, they lost...badly.

If the game had decent referee's, we win most likely. At Foxboro, forget about it Denver.

Take those two TD's away and you have a 13-13 barn burner going on.

Last edited:
Keegs said:

If the truth hurts, too bad. What he posted was the exact hue and cry of the Colts for a number of years, until this past year. Now it's their offensive line sucks.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Took the words outta my mouth. I half-retched when I read that.

Watch the trolls come swimming in after this tasty bait. :D

HAHA! That's my queue. Any way, although I strongly disagree with the guy who started this thread, I'm going to stay away and just leave with saying, you guys just flat out got beat by Denver.

Willie55 said:
If the truth hurts, too bad. What he posted was the exact hue and cry of the Colts for a number of years, until this past year. Now it's their offensive line sucks.
Saying what he said is no different than what colts fans say is rude. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed or your dog **** on your carpet or something.

Like i said before, if you dont' like what we are talking about, too bad.

You aren't going to cry are you?

only one thing to do...

and it's show the Broncos what our HFA is in September. I'm talking about LOUD.

Keegs said:
Saying what he said is no different than what colts fans say is rude. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed or your dog **** on your carpet or something.

Like i said before, if you dont' like what we are talking about, too bad.

You aren't going to cry are you?

You need to grow some thick skin. You get worked up too easy. It was just an observation.

fgssand said:
Why do you feel there was a score to settle for the officials? It is clearly evident that the right call was made in the Oakland - NE game, replays and countless reviews have proved this to be true. If any call was blown, it was the illegal blow to Brady's head that should have been called.

As for the Denver game, I think the Pats know the blame rests squarely within themselves. They just could not get out of their own way that game - too many errors and blown assignments to overcome.

I will always wonder what would have happened had Watson made the block on the Bronco that ended up getting through, untouched to force Brady's throw.

Go ahead...watch the 5:00 of video from that game which shows the plays leading up to Baileys pick......and make yourself sick again. Givens miss was not too cool on that same drive as you will see on the play before the interception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Ltkrovi4&search=touchback
I was just thinking about this play yesterday, and I don't mean anything ill of Watson, but what if he went for the strip instead of the big hit? It might not even be possible since the only way he was going to get Bailey before the endzone was at full speed. But even if Bailey broke away from Watson's strip attempt and got into the endzone, that's almost the same result of knocking him out at the 1. If Watson had tried to grab the ball when Bailey was holding it out like a trophy, it's a gamble with little downside, but could have changed the play. Just a thought.

And I'm sure we all remember BB "talking" with Triplette in the 1st quarter. I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about and further analyzed (God, 25 days!). I went backed and took a look, and here's what I found:

The reason for argument on this drive was the distance measurements. Dillon’s run only went for about 4.8 yards, so the CBS broadcast had the rest of the drive at 3rd/4th and 6. The penalty would add 5 yards, making it 4th and 1, or a re-kick. However, the NFL.com play-by-play would have the rest of the drive at 3rd/4th and 5. Since a 5 yard offsides penalty not assessed on the return would add 5 yards to the offense, it would be a Patriot 1st and 10. But since in the actual game it would be 4th and 1 (what Belichick argued against), the gamelog would put the penalty down as 4 yards. Also, in the WBCN radio broadcast of the game, Gil Santos would immediately notice that only 4 yards were assessed, just before he notes an official moved the ball. Gino would then quickly add that that official only moved the ball another ½ yard, making the penalty 4 ½ yards. Conveniently, CBS would not show their normal broadcast view for the re-kick, and instead just a shot behind Miller in the endzone, so there’s no graphical evidence to examine for this matter.

New England Patriots at 02:34

1-10-NE4 (2:34) T.Brady pass incomplete to D.Branch (A.Wilson).

2-10-NE4 (2:30) C.Dillon left tackle to NE 9 for 5 yards (J.Lynch).

3-5-NE9 (1:45) T.Brady pass incomplete to D.Givens.

4-5-NE9 (1:42) J.Miller punts 53 yards to DEN 38, Center-L.Paxton. C.Adams to NE 45 for 17 yards (L.Izzo).
PENALTY on DEN, Defensive Offside, 4 yards, enforced at NE 9 - No Play.

4-1-NE13 (1:31) J.Miller punts 50 yards to DEN 37, Center-L.Paxton, fair catch by C.Adams.

Denver Broncos at 01:23

(25 days, and finally something new to talk about!)

Last edited:
Almost forgot that one...

I remember BB being livid on the sidelines during that punt, I could see him saying "bullsh*t" over and over.

If we want to look at other controversial calls (of course going against the Pats), there was a pass attempt that appeared to be a completion (I think to the point where the initial call was complete, ball was spotted and on TV it was 1st and 10) and then the call was quickly overturned. There was never any replay, so I couldn't tell if we were robbed (again).

Haterproof said:

I guess you have never been to colorado... Cause it tends to get cold there... and it also tends to snow there... and the people and players deal with it... Honestly i'de like to see a broncos-pats snow game would be like...

If you really want to nit pick then here it is:

Snow- Tie... I've lived in both places...and it's just as cold..but there is no humuidity in colorado..but it's windy as all out.

Elevation: Broncos... I remeber when i first got there when i turned over in bed at night i would start to huff and puff... it takes a while to adjust. BUT for short bursts(like plays) it really doesn't matter..Mainley its at the end of the game and it tests your depth as starters need breaks between their snaps.

Jet lag: Patriots... I always found it harder when i flew back east. not really in game starting time, but it just throws a wrench in your sleeping, eating..prolly not a big thing but it's still a little something.

Crowd: Pats... Tofu and fresh greens are not the best "football" foods. They like their sports...but they like a lot of things also they like so they really are not as die hard.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
HAHA! That's my queue. Any way, although I strongly disagree with the guy who started this thread, I'm going to stay away and just leave with saying, you guys just flat out got beat by Denver.

5 turnovers and poor officiating will do that to a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes