PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it was your choice: CB Nnamdi Asomugha or WR Calvin Johnson?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you add to the Pats?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If it was your choice...

My football knowledge isnt the best so i might be talking nonsense (forgive me, as a european soccer is my first love)

But the one player id love us to get would be Devin Hester. The field position he would leave our offense to work from would mean even higher scoring totals.

In all likelyhood i doubt we could afford the wages, and if we could i doubt we could offer enough trades for him to Chicago?

Am i talking rubbish?

Out of the two mentioned it would have to be the Megatron for me.

I could care less about having a Devin Hester type player.

Nnamdi Asomugha! We need to get off the field more on 3rd down and our passing defense sucked eggs this season.

Would love to see CJ catching balls from TB though and he is a lot tougher than Randy, but with the big play ability.

Based on Big Al's presser the other day, he may in fact be looking for a new team.

He said he wouldn't know whether Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would be brought back after the final year of his contract voided, but hinted the Raiders would have cut him instead of picking up an option that was set to be worth at least $16.8 million. "Can that $17 million bring you two or three quality players to help you win?"

Read more: Raiders owner Al Davis rips ex-coach Cable at introductory presser for Jackson - NFL - SI.com

Megatron. Easy choice. I would love to see him throw revis to the ground as revis tries to jam him.

You do know that Revis shut him down this year...right?

4 targets, 1-13

:cool:

My opinion is the Pats would gain most from Nnamdi Asomugha. Plug and play man, give your defense a whole new dimension immediately.

Last edited:

4 targets, 1-13

You don't think that has a lot to do with the QB?

4 targets, 1-13

true but he had Shaun Hill throwing passes :p

true but he had Shaun Hill throwing passes :p

Understood and a valid point if he didn't do that to every number one WR he matches up against.

Yeah, yeah, I remember week two and the one handed grab. :p

Hammy, and almost never happens.

The lions really know how to make stars dim, are they looking to trade Calvin?
I'd take Calvin but someone posted his salary(12+million) not sure the bargain hunters would go for it.

Having a top level D next year is priority I'm sure.

As much as i like offense a pass rusher and a shut down CB sound nice.

Give me calvin johnson. Bodden was pretty damn good in 09. I though had the AFC corners not had such a great year he should of been in the pro bowl. Bodden and McCourty next year is going to be awesome if Bodden is back to 09 form. Plus Bodden isn't making that much $ either.

Calvin and its not even close. You can throw away from Nnamdi, I honestly think the only way to take CJ out of the game is with 3 men, he's easily one of the top 2 wr in the game today with the other being Andre.

That, pretty much. We already have what will soon be a top-tier CB in McCourty, and Boddens awfully good in his own right. We're a #3 corner away from having a killer rotation there already, and those guys aren't too difficult to find.

But Megatron? That guy's an incredibly rare talent, and also happens to fill a major need.

Asomugha easily.

Him and McCourty could go man-to-man, allowing constant pressure on the QB.

All the talk about revis shutting down calvin is annoying. the lions are notorious
for not knowing how to utilize talent, it 's their trademark.

Brady and Calvin would burn revis imo. It'd be impossible to get Tom to stop throwing to the guy.

a 60 TD season and lose another SB. No thanks

Championship D and same nameless smurfs, wr hopefuls on O

"Cheapest Dynasty on turf"

johnson, would bring Brady MVP #3 and a one and done in the playoffs and Nnamdi Asomugha, and McCourty, would bring Brady ring #4

All the talk about revis shutting down calvin is annoying. the lions are notorious
for not knowing how to utilize talent, it 's their trademark.

Brady and Calvin would burn revis imo. It'd be impossible to get Tom to stop throwing to the guy.

a 60 TD season and lose another SB. No thanks

Championship D and same nameless smurfs, wr hopefuls on O

"Cheapest Dynasty on turf"

In the spirt of a good debate what do you base this non-sense on?

Compare any number 1 WR's stats when he is covered by Darrelle and when he is not. Usually something like 2-3 catches for 10-30 yds or worse.
Stop being a blind hater. I hate the Pats as much as any Jets, Phin or Bills fan but I'm not so much of a homer that I don't recognize BB and Brady as some of the best of all time.

You really have no basis to make the claim you made. Its not as if Revis has not gone up against elite QB & WR tandems.

4 targets, 1-13

My opinion is the Pats would gain most from Nnamdi Asomugha. Plug and play man, give your defense a whole new dimension immediately.

I lol'd he had plenty of help IIRC and the lions torched the rest of that D.

I lol'd he had plenty of help IIRC and the lions torched the rest of that D.

"Sanchez was 22 of 39 for a career-high 323 yards with one TD - a 74-yard, go-ahead pass to Edwards with a minute left in the first half - and one interception.

Stafford was 20 of 36 for 240 yards with two TDs, no interceptions, and a rushing score. Calvin Johnson was held to 1 reception for 13 yards, getting shut down by All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis."

Read more: Game Recap - Jets v Lions | NFL | Sports | National Post

Torched? :confused:

Mega ******* tron. He's much younger, and we need a WR more than a CB. That being said, I will eat a chosen article of clothing if we get either.

In the spirt of a good debate what do you base this non-sense on?

Compare any number 1 WR's stats when he is covered by Darrelle and when he is not. Usually something like 2-3 catches for 10-30 yds or worse.
Stop being a blind hater. I hate the Pats as much as any Jets, Phin or Bills fan but I'm not so much of a homer that I don't recognize BB and Brady as some of the best of all time.

You really have no basis to make the claim you made. Its not as if Revis has not gone up against elite QB & WR tandems.

i didn't make a claim, someone posted a comment refering to revis's ability to shut down calvin(should have linked it, my bad). I wasn't hating on Revis, thats rediculous, saying I think Brady and calvin could put numbers on revis isn't hate, it's just my own opinion or more like wishful thinking.

point taken, peace:cool:

i didn't make a claim, someone posted a comment refering to revis's ability to shut down calvin(should have linked it, my bad). I wasn't hating on Revis, thats rediculous, saying I think Brady and calvin could put numbers on revis isn't hate, it's just my own opinion or more like wishful thinking.

point taken, peace:cool:

Ya' know what? You guys aren't half bad over here.

Finheaven is enough to make ANY football fan sick. This place makes me slightly less sick. :p

Seriously, good board you guys have.

Haven't we learned yet that we could have Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Chris Johnson, and Antonio Gates and it makes no difference when our rhythm is disrupted? Our offense is locked and loaded at the skill positions; don't let that game fool you into thinking we need a huge upgrade.

Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork on the same line. Now that would be sick. Asomugha, though, would make us a championship team more than C. Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST