PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

idle thoughts....the next wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, correct me if I'm wrong here but is The Tarp the guy we're sposed to pile on now that Dancing With The Stars and Big Bang Clock are gone? So hard to keep up.

Yes, but keep your eye on Antwaun Molden.

Well we knew that the Pats were going to make some moves AFTER the "final" 53 was announced on Saturday, but it who thought they'd bring the house down when the "shoe finally dropped"

1. Now that the dust has settled (at least for this week) I have just one question. Just who the #### is Jeff Tarpanian, and what super powers does he possess that would warrant keeping him over the likes of Merriweather, Butler, Warren, Mareni, Yeatman, and Smith.

Who am I to question BB, but to the casual fan it doesn't make a lot of sense. However since I am a card carrying BB butt boy, I HAVE to think that there is enough there to make me pretty excited to see what this kid can do.

He's going to groom the kid into a hard hitting sure tackling safety isn't he?

No. You haven't.. Typically, it's for much worse things and that get's heaped in.. But keep thinking otherwise..

Yes, I have. as has everyone else

Evidently Tarpinian was a love at first sight affair for BB. He was enticed to sign as an UDRFA with an atypically large signing bonus. Then he apparently did enough to stick despite injury. Third, there was no way Tarpinian was NOT going to be claimed if he was waived on his way to the PS.

So this year, we can pray for a fast recovery for Jeff to see why he deserves to be with the Pats over others who could contribute on day one or (and perhaps more likely) we will have the unsatisfying outcome of having Jeff buried under the Tarp of IR or this season.

Tarp on IR would not be unsatisfying for most of us.

Next week is the time to add a veteran or two.

Evidently Tarpinian was a love at first sight affair for BB. He was enticed to sign as an UDRFA with an atypically large signing bonus. Then he apparently did enough to stick despite injury. Third, there was no way Tarpinian was NOT going to be claimed if he was waived on his way to the PS.

So this year, we can pray for a fast recovery for Jeff to see why he deserves to be with the Pats over others who could contribute on day one or (and perhaps more likely) we will have the unsatisfying outcome of having Jeff buried under the Tarp of IR or this season.

Well I thought we were gong to have to add other OT BEFORE it became apparent that Volmer wasn't going to play this week. Just who are the current FA OTs available on the market?

Hell of a week for Solder to debut in the league. We are going to get a REAL indication of how good this kid REALLY is when he is matched up against Wake. We will see how low he can bend those knees, because Wake's speed rush is based on getting lower than OT and leveraging himself. This will be a real test for him.

Last edited:
The Pats OTOH changed close to a THIRD of their roster. Clearly BB wasn't happy with SOME aspect of the make up of last year's team. I think he wanted to add more mental and physical toughness to the roster. It will be 3-4 months before we find out if he's been successful STILL you got to love BB if only because he NEVER seems to do the "usual"[/QUOTE]

" SOME aspect of the make up of last year's team " ? You must be blind.

How about a defense that , " couldn't stop a nosebleed ", according to Bart Scott.

The Patriots pass defense has been in steady decline since Ty Law left, and the 3-4 no longer works as well without the right linebackers and defensive ends.

BB is just changing with the times. Receivers are much bigger now, and the only way to stop the quick release passing game, that he and Brady made famous, is to collapse the pocket and beat up the quarterback.

BB blew up the defense because what he had just didn't work anymore.

Agreed, of all the surprising cuts, Maneri is the one I really, really don't get.

What I don't get is the early release of LeVoir, with no other experienced swing Tackle in camp.

I never thought that Maneri was a viable option, less than a year-1/2 removed from being a college TE.

Not that LeVoir is the Greatest Swing Tackle of All Time, but he has more functional strength than either Solder or Maneri, plus experience in the system.

Nick Kaczur, where are you when we need you?

Well I thought we were gong to have to add other OT BEFORE it became apparent that Volmer wasn't going to play this week. Just who are the current FA OTs available on the market?

Hell of a week for Solder to debut in the league. We are going to get a REAL indication of how good this kid REALLY is when he is matched up against Wake. We will see how low he can bend those knees, because Wake's speed rush is based on getting lower than OT and leveraging himself. This will be a real test for him.

Of those listed besides Kaczur, I'd be most interested in Stinchcomb. I wonder if he's at least healthy enough for a workout/physical. Otherwise, the list isn't very impressive.
Best Free Agents Available - Offense | The Sideline View

Kaczur is the obvious guy, since there's probably agreement now as to what his open-market value is.

This assumes he's actually in shape, of course, and can get by without large quantities of pain pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3