PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I would like a vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the vote count anyway? When do the polls close?

Chummy isnt the word. It's pure vindictive to anyone who isnt in their "chummy" little group.
what an utterly shameless fraud you are Mike

unlike here, the database at PatriotsPlanet has not been compromised with posting archives regrettably lost and unavailable

there, interested parties can go and look through the chronology -- from the beginning, middle and end of your demise -- and see for themselves that there was no chummy little vindictive group that canned your ass

it was a group of adults exercising their right of free speech just like YOU DO here (some could argue- abuse here), difference being over there, YOU eventually pissed off the site owner enough after your repeated avoidance of his request to answer to what he considered to be serious claims AGAINST HIS FORUM BY YOU

just so we are clear

I have NEM and some of his sycophants on "ignore". Granted, I may miss an occassional good post, but sifting through the drivel just isn't worth it. It's like reading Borges' columns. One out of ten makes a valid point, the rest are set-ups or laden with ulterior motive or out-and-out character assassination.
Enough, already. IMO, IM's or PM's are useless because the motivating factor behind all the strum and drang is self-aggrandizement and promotion. Any publicity is better than none.

For the most part, non-football threads are junk. Delete away. Also - leave NEM alone.

The problem is many of those threads started out good and then a difference of opinion turned it into a "morass of negativity".

* THis is very true. Some threads have subjects that are very interesting to me, but by the time I read thru it, it's name calling and about a completely different subject. But, I'm completely against any kind of censorship. Some of Nem's post's go on and on because people reply to them. Well, 1/2 are that. The other 1/2 are Nem replying back again -:) Maybe people need to learn to ignore others better. Some days I come here and feel 80% of the threads/posts are junk.

I have NEM and some of his sycophants on "ignore". Granted, I may miss an occassional good post, but sifting through the drivel just isn't worth it. It's like reading Borges' columns. One out of ten makes a valid point, the rest are set-ups or laden with ulterior motive or out-and-out character assassination.
Enough, already. IMO, IM's or PM's are useless because the motivating factor behind all the strum and drang is self-aggrandizement and promotion. Any publicity is better than none.

I'll echo those sentiments. The majority of those whining about NEM and his posts refuses to put him on ignore because then they wouldn't have an opportunity to whine incessantly about his "attitude, threats", etc. and give each other virtual atta boys. Non-football threads don't bother me because NO EFFORT AT ALL is required for me to ignore them. However, if Andy is going to make a choice, I would vote for moving the thread to another forum.

* THis is very true. Some threads have subjects that are very interesting to me, but by the time I read thru it, it's name calling and about a completely different subject. But, I'm completely against any kind of censorship. Some of Nem's post's go on and on because people reply to them. Well, 1/2 are that. The other 1/2 are Nem replying back again -:) Maybe people need to learn to ignore others better. Some days I come here and feel 80% of the threads/posts are junk.

A more structured forum, where threads that go to h#ll are put into a separate forum sure would be nice for those that don't have the time to sort through the cr@p. And those that want to read it for entertainment will be able to access it so much quicker. :)

Suggestion...

When a thread becomes blatantly off-topic, let's have the next responsible poster quote the original post...in essence bringing the topic's intent back to life...and away from the locker room towel-snappers.

Get rid of them. This is the Patriots board not the NEM board.

Once I understand that the thread is on a road to no where I stop reading it.

I suspect if you are asking the question should I lock these threads, you see the road to no where at the same time I see it.

Thats the time to lock the thread, everything after that is a waste of life.

Please lock them down, Andy. I want to hear people talk about football. The pissing matches really kill the value proposition of this site for me.

Make some rules to control this stuff and enforce them.
More than 2 "back-and-forths" in a row that are argumentative.
More than 5 posts in a thread is against the rules unless you are raising new points.

Infraction 1- banned for a week.
Infraction 2- banned for 2 weeks.

The declaration of "infraction" can be a judgement call, that's totally fine... be heavy handed. The worst thing that happens is you ban someone. Big deal! The board will be fine without that one person.

To those that feel persecuted or threatened on this board, let me tell you something: I have NEVER felt that way. And I would bet that most others here have never felt persecuted, either. So that begs the question, WHY would several posters randomly decide to persecute one or a few posters. The answer: they WOULDN'T. Maybe I don't feel persecuted because I can handle it when people don't agree with my comments. Perhaps it's because I don't create anger since I do not spout back with vitriol and act extremely defensive and make the same claims over and over and over again when someone's opinion differs from my own. Maybe, in other words, I can get along with other posters because I can act like an adult.

It's really too bad that some people can't look in the mirror and see that they're not being "persecuted" because of others, but because of themselves. This is a messageboard for god's sake, no one came here to persecute anyone.

And in that vein, I suggest a "Palsy-Walsy" section of this board to move these columns and infractors to.

Last edited:
Has the food in hong kong made you a little mishugee? :D

No, I don't feel any "crazier" than ever. Actually, I didn't find my post at all crazy.

To those that feel persecuted or threatened on this board, let me tell you something: I have NEVER felt that way. And I would bet that most others here have never felt persecuted, either. So that begs the question, WHY would several posters randomly decide to persecute one or a few posters. The answer: they WOULDN'T. Maybe I don't feel persecuted because I can handle it when people don't agree with my comments. Perhaps it's because I don't create anger since I do not spout back with vitriol and act extremely defensive and make the same claims over and over and over again when someone's opinion differs from my own. Maybe, in other words, I can get along with other posters because I can act like an adult.

It's really too bad that some people can't look in the mirror and see that they're not being "persecuted" because of others, but because of themselves. This is a messageboard for god's sake, no one came here to persecute anyone.

And in that vein, I suggest a "Palsy-Walsy" section of this board to move these columns and infractors to.

lol Congrats PatJew for naming the forum. I like that name, the Palsy-Walsy Forum. LOL

And so it shall be written.

T.O does stuff and says stuff in press conferences to get attention. Media gives T.O. attention during press conferences. T.O. complains it is not his fault, the media baited him. LOL Deep-down inside, T.O. loves being the "bad boy" in the media and loves the media attention.

T.O does stuff and says stuff in press conferences to get attention. Media gives T.O. attention during press conferences. T.O. complains it is not his fault, the media baited him. LOL Deep-down inside, T.O. loves being the "bad boy" in the media and loves the media attention.

I think that's a good analogy.

Not that anyone cares, but I rarely use this forum anymore for the reason stated in the original post - this place is more about flamewars than it is patriots football.

And its not just one person. The most popular threads are clearly the flamewars

just another thought from an infrequent poster -

some one brought up the point that some good football discussions degrade into flamewars. I've looked at whole pages where every single post was from someone on my ignore list.

The problem is that you end up seeing their garbage anyway because these idiots quote each other. I would love an enhancement to the site where your ignore list also blocks quoted text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back