PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I would like a vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, seems to me that you PMd me several times saying I was doing good, and then posted the same, and it was fine until I got covertly attacked, again, and again. I did not institute one single personal battle, not one.

You need to get your BOR bias out of your head and see the truth, for a change.

Yeah, you were doing well, until you stopped faking it. And I was a sucker to ever believe your farce.

And if you can't recall, buddy, I was at odds with you long before BOR ever said peep to you, so stop trying to make it seem like I'm some braindead follower.

A-Clown town?
Is that what the sub forum is called on Patriot Planet? I've never been there, but yeah, just a place where any thread that begins to get pointless and back and forth off topic bickering can be moved. A lot of message boards have something like that, I think it works. Posters might complain, but they'll get the point quickly.

Is this forum even moderated much? I'm only asking because I see a lot of duplicate threads and things a lot. I know moderating can be a pain, it's a thankless job. I just think more of it will help the board.

NEM:

It's time to come home now....

Come on back to the Political forum, I haven't gotten a "BAN NEM" PM in days now, we are missing you over there.

Leave these nice people alone and come back to the ones who like to banter with you!

I've just started a "NEM is the father of Mary Cheney's baby" thread!

Seriously NEM is way over the top at times, but he is fun, he is like your old grouchy uncle that sits in the corner at Thanksgiving and screams curses at everyone, you say that you hate him, but every now and then, he really tears into Uppity Aunt Edna, and you secretly love it!

Is that what the sub forum is called on Patriot Planet? I've never been there, but yeah, just a place where any thread that begins to get pointless and back and forth off topic bickering can be moved. A lot of message boards have something like that, I think it works. Posters might complain, but they'll get the point quickly.

Is this forum even moderated much? I'm only asking because I see a lot of duplicate threads and things a lot. I know moderating can be a pain, it's a thankless job. I just think more of it will help the board.

No on Patriot Planet, you get banned from the main forum there permanently. Ask NEM, they banned him there. He behaved so badly in the A-clown forum, they banned him from the A-clown forum.

On our board, it would require the diligence of the mods to move the threads to "other forum."

Last edited:
No on Patriot Planet, you get banned from the main forum there permanently. Ask NEM, they banned him there. He behaved so badly in the A-clown forum, they banned him from the A-clown forum.

On our board, it would require the diligence of the mods to move the threads to "other forum."
Oh OK, I get it. I'll have to check that message board out, I see a lot of posters mention it in a good way.

Lets stop beating about the bush here. Every member not in the middle of this mess has been begging for an *****-clown Asyllum since this whole thing started. Did it start here or over at the Planet, anyway???? Does that even matter? Please Andy, Ian and Mods, give us an asyllum!!!

Just move the not wanted threads to a different place to keep the main bord clean. Before i write anything i always think about who might be reading what i say. Anyone who has the internet, which is everyone, can easily sign on this site and read the stuff being posted on this forum. Before you write something, just think about Brady being home, and bored messing around with the internet. He gets curious about what us Pats fans are talking about and comes to this forum. When the forum pops up, Tommy scrolls down to see what topics are being discussed, and sees a thread about some cry ass baby talking about some childish BS. Not only is he disgusted about these threads but decides to show it to everyone of his team mates. "Look at what some of our dumbass fans are discussing on the Patriots forum, there not even talking football. These are the fans we try to impress week after week?", the guys say while shaking there heads. You people wonder why your favorite player just walked right by you, and didnt slap you a high five and your hand was right in there face. You wonder why you didnt get that autograph, and you stuck a pen and book in there face. Your the reason why. One bad seed can ruin things for all of us, and before you go writing about some lame ass crap think about that. You never know who you might be dissapointing.

Good luck Andy, looks like you are going to need it.:rocker:

The problem is many of those threads started out good and then a difference of opinion turned it into a "morass of negativity".
Ha! Look at the FIRST response to this thread, Post #2. Instant attack. Delete NEM? Aren't posts like this the kind of problem Andy is addressing in Post #1? This thread will degenerate into a NEM vs the world thread, and it started with the FIRST FRIGGIN REPLY.

Edit: Wow, that was fast. I wrote a post, went to the kitchen for some chips and a soda, proofed my post and sent it. And in that short amount of time this thread turn to crap as predicted.

So looks like the mods will have to lock the I'd-like-to-know-if-we-should-lock-threads thread.

Last edited:
I wont take it any more, period. Not from fellow Pats fans, who I care about and are my life. And with that, I am finished with this thread, because it, in itself, has singled me out and there is no justification to single me out without naming the real perpertrator (s)

Edit: And with that, I am finished with this thread, after I respond 20 more times to get the last word.

The last word just isn't on ESPN Baby!!!!!!!!!

No it's Assclown asylum, I believe.

I've actually been a member there for years, but I actually prefer to post at KFFL, back when they used to get a lot more traffic and here, recently.

I doubt it would work as well here as they have had the same mods for years and they are all very active posters.

They can have a "no rules" type of forum with non-sports topics included because the mods are so involved day to day they can make the judgement calls.

I really like the mods and some posters over there, but it's a little "chummy" for me.

I like a more aggressive, argumentitive forum and that leads to the occasional
train wreck.

I have no problem in moving or locking threads with no real football merit, (even if there was a pretense originally).

I think moving would be better, because it would let the aggrieved fling poo to their hearts delight without staining the main board.

Otherwise, the combatants have opened multiple threads in the past. Perhaps moving a thread could be a warning to keep it in that forum or else.

It seems that every time I sign into this board, it is filled with non-football threads, that are just about people whining about each other, usually NEM vs the world.
My inclination as moderator is to just delete or lock those threads, but they get an awful lot of posts, so there may be people here who enjoy them.
I'd like everyones opinion. Should those type of threads live on as part of what the board is about, or should they be deleted?

I enjoy them. What I don't enjoy is the endless repitition about McDaniels and Hobbs on the actual FOOTBALL threads.

BTW, you just reminded me of a good point, once agaian to porve myt point as to who really is the instigator here.

BOR has repeatedly taken some of my posts,and complete threads here, and linked them into threads at Patriots Planet. As have a couple of others, including one of the mods HERE.

What the hell business does he haved to take my posts, my threads, and make a mockery out of me, and my posts, over there? THAT IS THE ACT OF A CHILDISH INSTAGOTR AND TROUBLEMAKER...proving my point.

+That alone tells anyone with any intellilgence, and no bias, as to whothe instigator really is.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you are the one making a mockery out of yourself and all he is doing is showing it off to everyone?

BTW, WTF do you care? The people over on Patriots Planet banned you for being stupid and attempting to trash the place. They were making fun of you without any help from BOR and he's not the 1st person to quote you and take it over there.

It seems that every time I sign into this board, it is filled with non-football threads, that are just about people whining about each other, usually NEM vs the world.
My inclination as moderator is to just delete or lock those threads, but they get an awful lot of posts, so there may be people here who enjoy them.
I'd like everyones opinion. Should those type of threads live on as part of what the board is about, or should they be deleted?

Andy, how many posts in this thread are now off-topic -- and WHY?

Potentially, each new thread can be derailed, detoured, or highjacked. How much moderating do you and others want to do?

It seems if Ian wants to remain true to his vision, serious moderating in a heavy traffic area may be what's called for (it goes with the territory). Lock, move and delete as deemed necessary...with selective bannings. Don't worry about hurt feelings of those who enjoy non-Pats related topics. A quality board -- and nothing less...

Chummy isnt the word. It's pure vindictive to anyone who isnt in their "chummy" little group.

And, someone here just told me that the use of one word I posted was wrong, and that kids and women post here and could read it. And, I agreed, and indicated that I was wrong to use that word.

Wanna see some real filth,. and garbage, that kids and women can see, go and take a peek over there.

And, you know what, its too bad that the site there has degenerated into that kind of scum, and filth, all within the football forum pages.

When that site began, and I was there for the beginning, and even advertised it over here so they could get new members, when that site began, it was much like this one, very good, and serious football discussion.... and somehow, as it grew, and certain members joined, it just got out of hand,and out of control.

Personally, I think that the person who runs that site is a good person, and a good Pats fan,. but for whatever reason, he allows some filth and some real disgusting things to go by the boards, and allows people tocome in there and bring things up that eminate from this forum, and that is wrong, IMO....

I, personally, had nothing against them over there, until a few posters took one of my posts, one that was clearly described with a disclaimer on the bottom as being tongue in cheek and NOT factual... until they took it and blew it way out of proportion , that things got out of hand, and most of that trouble was instigated by one poster here who does it here, and even uses my name over and over, on that site, a site where I have no ability to respond.

So, it is far more than just "chummy." And, you know what, it was, at one time, a really great Pats fans message board, until a few troublemakers, somce that went there from here, changed it into what it is now...and its not pretty, and that is sad.

and you wonder why people can't stand you?
because you are a slanderous hypocrite and you are full of it!

Chummy isnt the word. It's pure vindictive to anyone who isnt in their "chummy" little group.

And, someone here just told me that the use of one word I posted was wrong, and that kids and women post here and could read it. And, I agreed, and indicated that I was wrong to use that word.

Wanna see some real filth,. and garbage, that kids and women can see, go and take a peek over there.

And, you know what, its too bad that the site there has degenerated into that kind of scum, and filth, all within the football forum pages.

When that site began, and I was there for the beginning, and even advertised it over here so they could get new members, when that site began, it was much like this one, very good, and serious football discussion.... and somehow, as it grew, and certain members joined, it just got out of hand,and out of control.

Personally, I think that the person who runs that site is a good person, and a good Pats fan,. but for whatever reason, he allows some filth and some real disgusting things to go by the boards, and allows people tocome in there and bring things up that eminate from this forum, and that is wrong, IMO....

I, personally, had nothing against them over there, until a few posters took one of my posts, one that was clearly described with a disclaimer on the bottom as being tongue in cheek and NOT factual... until they took it and blew it way out of proportion , that things got out of hand, and most of that trouble was instigated by one poster here who does it here, and even uses my name over and over, on that site, a site where I have no ability to respond.

So, it is far more than just "chummy." And, you know what, it was, at one time, a really great Pats fans message board, until a few troublemakers, somce that went there from here, changed it into what it is now...and its not pretty, and that is sad.

No NEM, chummy is the word.

There are some vindictive posters around and they seem to gravitate towards you or inhabit your mirror.:D

ANDY

I came here from KFFL because at times it can get dull over there and there are not as many Pats fans as there used to be. I have come here and for the past several months i have tried to add to all conversations and Ive only had one problem with one person in my entire time here. And its not Nem.

Nem isn't a bad person and has a different point of view on most things which is good that people tend to disagree. Opinions like his are excepted and although sometimes he doesn't make a valid argument he can make a somewhat decent point to his logic.

But what happens is people jump on and criticise Nem because it seems at times he'll go out of his way to prove his point and then make a thread about it sort of sticking it to certain posters. He's done it with Hobbs and he's done it with McDaniels.

The fact is that at times instead of just agreeing to disagree or just saying i don't think that way. He'll go on too to constantly say your wrong. Which pisses off a ton of people quickly and escalates into these mega threads where it just turns into your a homo and d!ldo and words of that nature. Then that's where the banning talk comes in and now this is where we are.

What I'm trying to say is Nem is not the problem, sort of, he just needs to disagree with people and move on with it.

Honestly if he did that no one would ever give him a problem and i doubt we would have these crazy amount of hate posts.

This is just what i have viewed in my time here and i hope it has helped.

ANDY

I came here from KFFL because at times it can get dull over there and there are not as many Pats fans as there used to be. I have come here and for the past several months i have tried to add to all conversations and Ive only had one problem with one person in my entire time here. And its not Nem.

Nem isn't a bad person and has a different point of view on most things which is good that people tend to disagree. Opinions like his are excepted and although sometimes he doesn't make a valid argument he can make a somewhat decent point to his logic.

But what happens is people jump on and criticise Nem because it seems at times he'll go out of his way to prove his point and then make a thread about it sort of sticking it to certain posters. He's done it with Hobbs and he's done it with McDaniels.

The fact is that at times instead of just agreeing to disagree or just saying i don't think that way. He'll go on too to constantly say your wrong. Which pisses off a ton of people quickly and escalates into these mega threads where it just turns into your a homo and d!ldo and words of that nature. Then that's where the banning talk comes in and now this is where we are.

What I'm trying to say is Nem is not the problem, sort of, he just needs to disagree with people and move on with it.

Honestly if he did that no one would ever give him a problem and i doubt we would have these crazy amount of hate posts.

This is just what i have viewed in my time here and i hope it has helped.

you mean always trying to get the last word in?lol

I haven't been here for a long time but I don't have a problem with NEM and mostly agree with Mr. Brushi's comments.

I would add that NEM often, not always, brings it on himself by feeling the need to reply to every post that disagrees with his point of view, often taking the bait. People want to provoke him and in many ways he likes playing the victim.

My first week here somebody took what could be viewed as a superior tone with me on a topic. I say "could be viewed" because emails, IMs, posts, PMs all lack vocal inflection. Because of that I just give people the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. I probably could have taken it personal and gotten into it but I've been on message boards for a long time and know better. I did a couple of replies and then just agreed to disagree. It's just not worth it to me to get into a flame war.

Nem none of what I just wrote is an attack on you just my opinion. If you feel differently that's fine but try letting it roll off of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back