PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think this weather helps the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ... the weather hurts the past but the Jets aenemic offense comes to life in this weather ... good job Einstein.

i'll make this real simple for you: on a good field in good weather, we blow them out. in weather like today, the outcome is less certain. that helps the jets chances.

here's a test for you: 1 + 1 = ?

give yourself a week to work on that and get back to us.
thanks

When dismissing the opponent's QB and their offenses based on their records, care to remember what most of us thought of AJ Freely and Kyle Boller and their respective offenses prior to playing us? Based on their previous games, many assumed that they will be struggling but they managed to look great against our D.

So, I am not prepared to dismiss any opponent based on their past record, especially one whose RB is on his way to a very good season.

Looks like our great deep threats are going to be toned down a lot due to the weather. That will leave Mangini, who probably is more familiar with our schemes, to focus primarily on stopping our running game (which we haven't used much to know its limitations) and short passing game. Things became a whole lot easy for them w.r.t limiting our offense IMO.

When dismissing the opponent's QB and their offenses based on their records, care to remember what most of us thought of AJ Freely and Kyle Boller and their respective offenses prior to playing us? Based on their previous games, many assumed that they will be struggling but they managed to look great against our D.
Boller has had a good season compared to Clemens. Using QB rating as an easy look, Boller is 24th at 75.1 but Clemens is a horrible 32nd at 61.1.

especially one whose RB is on his way to a very good season.
Well, Patriots fans want Maroney benched for his 4.2 YPC and now Jones is having a "very good season" averaging 3.7 YPC ???

Troy and CJackson, as well as Watson are out according to WBZ Gameday.

The field conditions are not bad per Zolak, just removing the tarp, sleet has subsided, just raining now and the winds aren't all that stiff. I believe there is supposed to be a window between lows today that may make Gillette not that bad a venue until the back edge of the storm turns around maybe after 3PM.

Boller has had a good season compared to Clemens. Using QB rating as an easy look, Boller is 24th at 75.1 but Clemens is a horrible 32nd at 61.1.

Well, Patriots fans want Maroney benched for his 4.2 YPC and now Jones is having a "very good season" averaging 3.7 YPC ???

i don't think either one of them are in the "better RB" category, however within the "average at best" category, i'd definitely take jones

I concede that Boller has a better rank when compared to Clemens, but fact of the matter: we are looking at QBs at the bottom third of the league. So, forgive me for not getting enthusiastic because we managed to look the 25th ranked QB look pretty good.

W.r.t. RB: you are mixing three issues:
(a) Pats fans want Maroney benched - that's the opinion of some fans who speak to BB daily on his strategy. :rolleyes: I belong to the camp that trusts BB knows what he is doing when it comes to using Maroney. I just sit and try to enjoy the game especially now that our offense can become quite unpredictable if we start to run a lot.
(b) Note that I mentioned Jones is having a 'very good' season, not 'great. Isn't he on track for a 1000 yard season this year?? I am focussing on that more than his YPC because that shows that he is getting utilized a lot and the RB is going to be important in today's conditions.
(c) Considering Maroney has played signficantly fewer snaps than Jones, I don't think it is fair to compare their YPC.

Someone needs to tell Al Gore the "planet's fever" has broken.

takes away our superior pass game. adds turnovers. makes outcome a lot more random. don't forget our lone defeat to them since the jets man-boobs era was in a mud bowl here. today's nor'easter bowl can only help them too. this is a huge test for pats.

It's still the Jets - I'm going to reserve my fear of loss until the Jets are ahead by 20 points in the 4th quarter. Until then.....

I concede that Boller has a better rank when compared to Clemens, but fact of the matter: we are looking at QBs at the bottom third of the league. So, forgive me for not getting enthusiastic because we managed to look the 25th ranked QB look pretty good.
Boller actually didn't do that great against us it was mostly runs and that one huge pass on a broken play.

W.r.t. RB: you are mixing three issues:
I was largely just being silly there but I'm not conceding a "very good year" to a guy averaging 3.7 YPC.

once again..why are we talking weather ? we play in this area its going to be like this. Are we turning into colts ..worried about playing in the snow and cold ?
maybe we should root for the pats to lose the next 3 games and give up HFA throught. Then maybe we have to playoff game here in the cold .:rolleyes:

its new england..this is our home field advantage we have earned and have to play in it. thats it.

once again..why are we talking weather ? we play in this area its going to be like this. Are we turning into colts ..worried about playing in the snow and cold ?
maybe we should root for the pats to lose the next 3 games and give up HFA throught. Then maybe we have to playoff game here in the cold .:rolleyes:

its new england..this is our home field advantage we have earned and have to play in it. thats it.

could it be the last time we played a game at home in really bad weather against this team, we lost?
:confused:

could it be the last time we played a game at home in really bad weather against this team, we lost?
:confused:

are we saying our team is soft and need nice and sunny weather to function just like we used to talk about the colts ? frankly..."it is what it is" . We cant put a dome in foxborough in the next 3 months so we have to play in the same conditions we played when we won 3 SB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft