PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I like this Surprise Prediction for the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price and Ellis were very disruptive playing for the Jets. Replacing them with 2 rookies who have played at Powerhouse Temple and Hampton....sets them back...especially with the lockout. They may be good in the future ..but I dont see them providing a huge impact this year. As for WR, the older you get ...the greater risk for injury. I just don't see an upgrade. BTW Plaxico was injured...once .when he shot himself :p ....as for Maybin.. the jets figure if they can get anything from him compared to Vernon Gholston its a win.....since that ceiling was near the floor already

:deadhorse:

Price and Ellis were very disruptive playing for the Jets. Replacing them with 2 rookies who have played at Powerhouse Temple and Hampton....sets them back...especially with the lockout. They may be good in the future ..but I dont see them providing a huge impact this year. As for WR, the older you get ...the greater risk for injury. I just don't see an upgrade. BTW Plaxico was injured...once .when he shot himself :p ....as for Maybin.. the jets figure if they can get anything from him compared to Vernon Gholston its a win.....since that ceiling was near the floor already

Pryce and Ellis were aging and inconsistent but they both played well at times. But Pryce only came in since we lost Pitoitua in the preseason and he's a guy that Rex is high on in. Our starters may be slightly worse and slightly only because we have yet to see our youth play outside of preseason or limited in season snaps but our depth is definitely the best it's been since Rex has been our coach.

Last edited:
I said ceiling not current reality. And he's the fastest guy on either team at the OLB position and he was high pick do to his ceiling. I don't know if he'll pan out but his potential is greater than the other OLBs on both teams.

Also he is not a 4-3 DE at all and he played the season after at a new position with a coaching staff that wasn't sold on him since they didn't draft him. Again will anything change now that he's on the Jets? I have no clue but plenty of players find success with a second team.

He was drafted to play 4-3 DE like Aaron Schobel (sp?). Aaron is 6'4 243lbs. Maybin, when he was drafted in 2009, was 6'4 250lbs.

I'm sure he might have some success under nickel downs with Rex Ryan with their scheme since the scheme is designed to get a free rusher to the QB. But he ain't a full time 3-4 OLB. He gets pancaked in the run game..sometimes by a TE (acc to Bills fans), can't set the edge and is mediocre in coverage.

So explain to me what makes the Jets Dline and WRs worse? I guess that Braylon for Plaxico can be considered a downgrade but Mason for a suddenly injury prone Cotch is an upgrade. Neither Plaxico or Mason has ever been injury but I see rust being a problem for Plaxico. As for the Dline, we lost a player that only really showed up against the Pats before being totally average. Still he was the only guy on our Dline that could ever reach dominant levels. We've replaced him with a rookie with high potential and guys that have we have been developing for years. They might not be able to match Ellis's performances at times but the Jets are definitely deeper at Dline than they have been in years.

The Pats linebacker depth is just as average as the Jets except while your young guys had to play alot of snaps last year our guys were brought on slowly to develop and contribute eventually. Even though he was a bust in Buffalo, Maybin has a highest ceiling than any OLB on either team.

Maybin's ceiling is almost as high as Gholston's was!

Last edited:
I love these "now that he's a Jet he'll become All Pro!!!!!!!!...so now , we have all these All Pros!!!! So, your Patriots are no good and all Patriot players have no ceiling. You need to be a complete bust and then join the Jets to have a limitless ceiling. This is why you Pats fans are so unobjective...".....42 years straight of this blind homeristic drivel puked up by these green miscreants.

Last edited:
11) The New York Jets Will Miss The Playoffs

I can't find a more overrated team in the NFL than the Jets, and I suppose we should all thank jovial coach Rex Ryan for that.

... jets are coming off back to back afc championship games ... he's right about us being able to thank rex ryan for making that happen ... he's foolish with the premise that the jets will miss the playoffs ...

The problem is, as other teams in the AFC seemed to have strengthened themselves, the Jets have stayed at the same level. In fact, they may have taken steps back.

... the biggest ?'s for the jets will be answered from within ... their performance this year will be based on the following:

1 ... health - as with many teams depth is a concern in the salary cap era ...

2 ... sanchez - can he take a reasonable 5-10% step forward in year 3 (specifically with comp%, redzone efficiency, & td/int ration)

3 ... passrush - can the front 7 generate more pressure & finish at the qb (new blood has been brought in & older established vets have been moved out ... it is a reasonable gamble to have made ...

4 ... kyle wilson - can k-dub & the gang handle #3 wr's & te's over the middle. revis & cro will most likely be even better this year against the #1 & #2 wr's ... will the rest of the guys be able to handle the middle 5,6,7,8 seconds into the play? this will improve giving up 3rd & longs to allow opponents drives to continue ...

People are expecting Mark Sanchez to take a step forward and turn into a true franchise quarterback in his third year,

... i expect a reasonable 5-10% improvement in his #'s ... the heart of the jets will be as it always has been under rex - defense, defense, defense ... that is going to be the primary driver for the jets to make a superbowl run ...

but I question where exactly he'll throw the ball to. Santonio Holmes has the talent to be a No. 1 receiver, but he's only had more than 60 receptions once in his career.

... tone's #'s last season were based on missing the 1st month for suspension ... i'd expect those to increase by 25% simply by playing 16 games ... then add a bit more for sanchez improving a bit ...

... do not be fooled though, after defense, defense, defense, the jets will continue to be more of a running team than most of the other teams in the league ... run/pass ration may be around 50/50% - 45/55% ...

Plaxico Burress, while he showed flashes of his former self in his first preseason game, is 34, been out of the league for two years, and already has ankle issues.

... anyone who saw the jets/bengals preseason game who is honest with themselves knows that plax brought it ... as a jets fan i was thrilled more than my wildest hope ...

Derrick Mason was once a great receiver, but is now entering his 15th season and is clearly past his prime.

... while this is true he is not being compared to derrick mason 8 years ago ... in comparing how the jets offense will perform this season he is being compared to jerricho cotchery coming off of back surgery ... i was a big fan of cotch ... believe it was a medical decision that they didn't want to invest in someone coming off back surgery ... he also valued himself as a #2 wr and asked jets to let him go ... once he was let go he ran into a harsh dose of reality and the best he could find was fitting in as a #4/#5 wr for the steelers ...

Is this group better than the departed Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery?

... this certainly still needs to be determined ... they have shown up impressively so far .... my take is a wash at worst ... possibly will be a step forward ... still to be determined ...

Let's not forget the Jets also lost Brad Smith,

... this is just laughable to use brad smith to support a wr argument ...

For all of the accolades, Shonn Greene has not showed he's capable of becoming a franchise back and LaDainian Tomlinson is another year older. Will the run game really be as good as last year, especially if Sanchez actually does worse this year with fewer weapons?

... greene does have to prove he can stay healthy & be more solid holding onto the football ... he has shown good burst ... and a nice combo of power/speed when he's been on the field ... he can be an elite runner if he masters staying on the field ...

... if he can't expect L-T to get 1/2 of the carries this year just like last year ... even though that is not what the jets want to happen ... there are 2 young kids with talent as well in joe mcknight & bilal powell ... who are raw but have shown ability ... i'd expect the coaching staff to see if either of these guys could take some of the load off of L-T if greene didn't deliver in an attempt to save some tread on L-T's tires for the post season run ...

The Jets could fight to get another wild card berth this year for sure. But eventually, if you keep playing with fire and keep flirting with a sixth seed in the AFC, you're eventually going to get burned. I believe a team like Kansas City is better than the Jets and will take that spot away from gang green.

... the jets will battle for the afc east crown & are more likely to take the division than to not make the playoffs ... if my above keys come out in the jets favor they will take the division ...

l_j_r

I love these "now that he's a Jet he'll become All Pro!!!!!!!!...so now , we have all these All Pros!!!! So, your Patriots are no good and all Patriot players have no ceiling. You need to be a complete bust and then join the Jets to have a limitless ceiling. This is why you Pats fans are so unobjective...".....42 years straight of this blind homeristic drivel puked up by these green miscreants.
Who said that?

I don't know if the WR core is upgraded especially when comparing Plaxico to Braylon but it is deeper and there won't be a scramble to pick up a jag like Clowney after the first game like last season. And Mason will at least match Cotch from last season unless his decline is crazy steep. And lol I was waiting for a Burress shot himself so that's an injury post.

And yeah if Maybin comes in and get a sack he's better than Gholston and worth the price if he comes in and gets 3-5 sacks he's an upgrade over Jason Taylor. Easy to be good with low standards... :D

Last edited:
Let me summarize this for the intellectually challenged(Jest fans) out there. We got better, you got worse. No playoffs for the Jest this year, another AFCE title for us. Woot.

Attachments

• haters4.jpg
    haters4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 111
We got better, you got worse. No playoffs for the Jest this year, another AFCE title for us. Woot.

... if someone had reasoned it out so well to me before i would have been swayed long ago! :cool: ...

l_j_r

Bleacher Report is about as solid as a high school newspaper.

Re: I like this Surprise Prediction for the JetsAnd yeah if Maybin comes in and get a

And yeah if Maybin comes in and get a sack he's better than Gholston and worth the price if he comes in and gets 3-5 sacks he's an upgrade over Jason Taylor. Easy to be good with low standards...

jeezus...I mean the level of outright stupidity REMAINS astounding with these Rat chest thumpers..

NEWS FLASH GREEN NITWIT:.....
Jason Taylor...season..2010...sacks FIVE...

2244846546_c7a2ffaeaf.jpg

3, 4 and 5 are ALL better than 5...why can't you Pats fans see this????

Hardly anything in that was radical. For instance Bradford coming into his own makes a lot of sense.

The Jets are built quite a lot like Parcells Jets team, compete fast, and then lose depth and quality in droves to the salary cap. They were made for a 3 year run, and this is the year the cracks show - but if the health is good they should be a WC team. KC isn't going to be any great shakes....

The author added a couple of edgy predictions to make is seem that they were revealing great truths... NEXT!
I agree. I read that and several of them I just didn't really see as "surprising". Donovan McNabb is going to struggle? I'm sure alot expect him to bounce back but also don't think people will be surprised if he struggles again, especially considering the receivers the lost.

The Jets' fans will once again be disappointed as there team will come up short. The Patriots should go 2-0 against the Jets this season and that means the Jets are looking at a wildcard shot. I do not think they make the AFC championship game this year.

The Jets' fans will once again be disappointed as there team will come up short. The Patriots should go 2-0 against the Jets this season and that means the Jets are looking at a wildcard shot. I do not think they make the AFC championship game this year.

Did you think they'd make it last year? What about the year before that?

The year before not even Wrecks Cryan knew they backed in...someone had to tell him as he was at the podium saying "wait til next year.."...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft