PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I like this Surprise Prediction for the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haley ....might seem odd ...but I am sure there is some logic behind his madness. After looking a the Chiefs schedule....they are going to be hurting pretty bad. I like an earlier poster that liked the Texans.... they have improved there defense ...a great deal .....

This guy's an idiot. The Texans have been the "oh, we're gonna be AWESOME this year, I swear!" team every year and I'm done believing that they'll take the next step up because it never actually happens. I think the Colts will fly under the radar and the rest of the league (except for us of course!) will pay for it.

Good read.

Definitely agree with the Bradford and Rams predictions. I'm liking what they're doing over there.

I'm thinking the Fitzpatrick prediction is kind of ballsy. Not sure I agree with that bold prediction but kudos for going out on a limb.

I'm liking the Chiefs prediction. The schedule does look rough towards the end of the season. I can see a 9-7 or a 10-6 record and I think that will be good enough for the 6th seed.

Texans are dethroning the Colts, The Colts and Manning will regress

Bears got lucky last year. They have a terrible Front Office IMO.

Jones-Drew does seem to be on a decline already and they got a backup that's ready to steal the job when given an opportunity.

Meh on Matthews. I Think he'll end up being a "bust"

The Gabbert prediction does seem a little far fetched but lets be honest Dalton has no chance of doing anything on the Bengals. Newton might do alright but im doubting he does well.

The Cowboys will likely make some noise in the NFC this year. So I agree.

or the Texans who look like the real deal this year with Wade Philips as the defensive coordinator.

You totally had me until this specific statement...

It's still Bleacher Report.

This guy's an idiot. The Texans have been the "oh, we're gonna be AWESOME this year, I swear!" team every year and I'm done believing that they'll take the next step up because it never actually happens. I think the Colts will fly under the radar and the rest of the league (except for us of course!) will pay for it.

Agreed. The Colts won't be going anywhere with Manning still around, although I do think they won't be quite as good as they usually are. I do think they win the division still though, and am surprised that so many knowledgable fans are already giving up on them.

The Jets Suck. 9-7 if they're lucky this year. Yeah... a fan impression just as valuable as a Bleacher report. :verycool:

It's another little tid bit to hope for, the Jets missing the playoffs would be sweet! Only superceded (sic*) by the Pats winning in the playoffs. It would be interesting

I said last year after the 45-3 romp that I didn't want to see the Jets in the playoffs. My Patriots friends thought I was stupid at the time. We all remember how that turned out, unfortunately.

However, I do hope the Jets make it in this year and I hope NE faces them. I truly feel this team is better (on paper). It's hard to be better than 14-2, but I believe this team is better (on paper). The two regular season games will still be tough, but I think NE finds a way to pull them both out.

Last edited:
The Jets are much better than the Chiefs. The Chiefs last year had one victory over a team with a winning record and that was the 9-7 Chargers. They needed a red zone turnover by the Chargers, a 94 yard kickoff return for a TD and a broken play 56 yard run to get that win. Drawing the NFC West gave them 4 wins they won't easily get this year.

Last year they got SF, AZ, STL, Sea, Indy, Houston, Jax, Tenn, Clev, Buffalo
This year they have Minn, Det, GB Chic, NE, NYJ, MIA, Buff, Pitt, Indy

Indy and Buffalo being about the same you can say Miami/Jax also being a wash every other corresponding match up is a harder game.

I think the Chiefs will have a hard time winning 7 games this year.

@ Pats, @ Colts, @ Bears, @ Jets, Steelers, Packers, plus SD twice.

Five of those are in a row. 8-8 at best.

I have to agree with this, their last portion of the scheldule is brutal.

Still, I've been saying this about the Jets since they signed Mason and Buress. I really don't see the upgrades, they lost Edwards and Cotchery for a couple of grandpas.

I saw on NFL network yesterday that Buress has now tweaked his lower back. This guy can't stay healthy as is. Mason may be decent and they still have Holmes but the Jets have taken steps backwards on offense. Meanwhile, Pats have taken strides foward on the defensive side of the ball and don't count the Bills and Phins out just yet. Bills were very scrappy last year and gave us a good game up here at home. Phins... well, they signed Reggie Bush (;)) so they may be a better team but Henne isnt the answer.

Jus sayin

Last edited:
Without Charlie, KC should slip on offense. Weiss is the master at keeping Ds off balance. The head coach is stubborn....and stubborn people don't adapt well. We'll see.

Yeah, I also agree that KC is going to take a huge step back. I don't see the Cowboys hype either. Not much in this article I agree with. If Sam Bradford has any good receivers, I see him having a great season as well though.

There are 8 or 9 Teams that might be competitive for the Playoffs in the AFC. These are the Chargers and Chiefs; the Steelers and Ravens; the Colts and Texans; and the Pats and Jets.

There are a few pretenders too. The Raiders, the Dolphins, the Jaguars, and the Browns.

Yet only 6 will go to the Playoffs. Four of which are the Division winners. To be a WC you have to have a better record than the other two contenders and four pretenders. It certainly helps to be in a division with only two competitors,so you can pad your record. It also helps to play your out of Division games against a weak division. But the AFCE appears to have the best of the Pretenders in the Dolphins, and the widest margin between the division winner and the top contender, as well as tough division opponents in the NFCE, although the AFCW is not too strong. It was a three game spread between the Pats and Jets last year.

I could see the WC come from the AFCN and AFCS. Or even the AFCW, as the Raiders I believe will fade, under a new Coach,and it will be a two team race there.

If the Dolphins are even slightly better, and the Jets are slightly worse, which could well be the case, this becomes a tougher division in which to compile enough victories for a WC berth. The Jets are weaker in their WRs and Defensive line, while their depth is even less than it was last season, when they had a lot fewer injuries than normal. Meanwhile the Dolphins have improved their Defensive line and Offensive line.

I could easily see the AFCE as 14-2, 9-7, 7-9, and 5-11 this year, which does not produce a WC team. :cool:

There are 8 or 9 Teams that might be competitive for the Playoffs in the AFC. These are the Chargers and Chiefs; the Steelers and Ravens; the Colts and Texans; and the Pats and Jets.

There are a few pretenders too. The Raiders, the Dolphins, the Jaguars, and the Browns.

Yet only 6 will go to the Playoffs. Four of which are the Division winners. To be a WC you have to have a better record than the other two contenders and four pretenders. It certainly helps to be in a division with only two competitors,so you can pad your record. It also helps to play your out of Division games against a weak division. But the AFCE appears to have the best of the Pretenders in the Dolphins, and the widest margin between the division winner and the top contender, as well as tough division opponents in the NFCE, although the AFCW is not too strong. It was a three game spread between the Pats and Jets last year.

I could see the WC come from the AFCN and AFCS. Or even the AFCW, as the Raiders I believe will fade, under a new Coach,and it will be a two team race there.

If the Dolphins are even slightly better, and the Jets are slightly worse, which could well be the case, this becomes a tougher division in which to compile enough victories for a WC berth. The Jets are weaker in their WRs and Defensive line, while their depth is even less than it was last season, when they had a lot fewer injuries than normal. Meanwhile the Dolphins have improved their Defensive line and Offensive line.

I could easily see the AFCE as 14-2, 9-7, 7-9, and 5-11 this year, which does not produce a WC team. :cool:

So explain to me what makes the Jets Dline and WRs worse? I guess that Braylon for Plaxico can be considered a downgrade but Mason for a suddenly injury prone Cotch is an upgrade. Neither Plaxico or Mason has ever been injury but I see rust being a problem for Plaxico. As for the Dline, we lost a player that only really showed up against the Pats before being totally average. Still he was the only guy on our Dline that could ever reach dominant levels. We've replaced him with a rookie with high potential and guys that have we have been developing for years. They might not be able to match Ellis's performances at times but the Jets are definitely deeper at Dline than they have been in years.

The Pats linebacker depth is just as average as the Jets except while your young guys had to play alot of snaps last year our guys were brought on slowly to develop and contribute eventually. Even though he was a bust in Buffalo, Maybin has a highest ceiling than any OLB on either team.

So explain to me what makes the Jets Dline and WRs worse? I guess that Braylon for Plaxico can be considered a downgrade but Mason for a suddenly injury prone Cotch is an upgrade. Neither Plaxico or Mason has ever been injury but I see rust being a problem for Plaxico. As for the Dline, we lost a player that only really showed up against the Pats before being totally average. Still he was the only guy on our Dline that could ever reach dominant levels. We've replaced him with a rookie with high potential and guys that have we have been developing for years. They might not be able to match Ellis's performances at times but the Jets are definitely deeper at Dline than they have been in years.

The Pats linebacker depth is just as average as the Jets except while your young guys had to play alot of snaps last year our guys were brought on slowly to develop and contribute eventually. Even though he was a bust in Buffalo, Maybin has a highest ceiling than any OLB on either team.

LOLOLOLOL. Maybin has a highest ceiling than any OLB on either team??
The dude hasn't had a sack in 2 years. The Bills tried him at 4-3 DE. Did not work. Tried him as a 3-4 OLB. Did not work. He hasn't shown any flashes in the reg season.

LOLOLOLOL. Maybin has a highest ceiling than any OLB on either team??
The dude hasn't had a sack in 2 years. The Bills tried him at 4-3 DE. Did not work. Tried him as a 3-4 OLB. Did not work. He hasn't shown any flashes in the reg season.

I said ceiling not current reality. And he's the fastest guy on either team at the OLB position and he was high pick do to his ceiling. I don't know if he'll pan out but his potential is greater than the other OLBs on both teams.

Also he is not a 4-3 DE at all and he played the season after at a new position with a coaching staff that wasn't sold on him since they didn't draft him. Again will anything change now that he's on the Jets? I have no clue but plenty of players find success with a second team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes