PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know what to do with Mr. Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikey said:
What about Deion Branch for Reggie Wayne?

Would the Colts do it??

:confused:

No they wouldnt seeing as Reggie Wayne is better than Branch and they just gave Wayne 6 million a year.

All these trade things problably wont happen. Javon Walker? Denver wont trade him.

Lelie wants to be #1 and I'd rather pay Branch his desired money than make him a #1 reciever. Hes horrible.

The only one I wouldnt mind is Jerry Porter though I still dont like him, hes a good player though. Wont happen however.

Keegs said:
Ummmmmm ok you got me. But i call him Mahoney. It has a nice ring to it. In the Police Academy movies Sgt. Mahoney was known for his quick thinking, professionalism, hard work, humorous anecdotes, and charming personality. When i think of Laurence Maroney, I think of all those things.

Yeah OK.......

Trading away Maroney would be ridiculous. This guy is definitley a future probowler if he stays healty. Could very well be considered one of the top five RBs in the NFL in the next three or four years.

spacecrime said:
Old joke. Ask NEM.

Explain it to me. NEM is in the backyard chasing squirrels with a rake.

Keegs said:
We have a few options.

1.) Trade him to Denver for Ashley Lelie and a 3rd Rounder

2.) Trade him to Denver for Javon Walker

3.) Trade him and Mahoney to Denver for Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, and Mike Bell.

4.) Trade him to Oakland for Jerry Porter and a 3rd Rounder.

5.) Trade him to Tennessee for David Givens and a 6th Rounder.

6.) Trade him and a 2rd rounder to the Packers for AJ Hawk.

THis isn't fantasy football.

Keegs said:
We have a few options.

3.) Trade him and Mahoney to Denver for Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, and Mike Bell.

I would do #4 in a heartbeat. I think Porter is a better WR than Branch, though Branch is super clutch. P.S........does anyone know Sgt Mahoney's 40 time ?

I wouldn't do #6, unless we think Hawk can play WR. Hawk at LB is another story. Maybe he would make our defense so good we wouldn't need an offense, lol.

I was pretty high on Lelie, but I would trade a pick to get him, no way should we involve Branch in any trade for Lelie, unless a #1 pick comes with it, and that aint gonna happen.

RayClay said:
I believe that's Reach Codpiece.

And why do you want to trade Brody? We need him at least til Cosell gets some experience.
I baleave Cosell is dead, which would make him a leding candidait for hour veterinarian quaterback positin, along with another dead quaatreback, Vinny Tastedirty.

Keegs said:
We have a few options.

#3 is like trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. We would be cursed. We have enough trouble with Denver without giving them the "Real Deal" Maroney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegs said:
According to Webster's 3rd Edition, "rediculous" is not a word.

According Webster's fourth Edition, "******ed" is a word and it states, "See Newbie Keegs from www.patsfans.com."

scott99 said:
I would do #4 in a heartbeat. I think Porter is a better WR than Branch, though Branch is super clutch. P.S........does anyone know Sgt Mahoney's 40 time ?
From what I heard Porter has a terrible attitude and wouldn't be a good fit....BUT, the same thing was said about Dillon, so who knows.

All these trade scenarios are a little absurd gentlemen. When has this front office ever given any indication that they're willing to make panic trades. If Belichick and Pioli were truly concerned with the state of the recieving corps you wouldn't be seeing this much resistance on their part. I believe BB is content starting Reche and Troy Brown or Chad Jackson (if healthy) just as he's content to start Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel at cornerback. The FO and Branch will eventually reach a compromise and on the off chance that he is traded it will be for some underated journeymen and/or draft picks not these high profile recievers being thrown out.

Digger44 said:
According Webster's fourth Edition, "******ed" is a word and it states, "See Newbie Keegs from www.patsfans.com."
Stop your crying.

Branch - I'd hire some dude from Philly and have him put a crowbar into his kneecaps. Then he'll see what's not fair.

rabthepat said:
#3 is like trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. We would be cursed. We have enough trouble with Denver without giving them the "Real Deal" Maroney.

See that's where you got the deal wrong, he wants to trade Mahoney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie55 said:

I always thought that Keegs's tag was a typo at registration - probably after tapping one.

R

Willie55 said:

Bad idea. Mahoney's flown under everybody's radar. He's the real sleeper of training camp.

KEEGS: "Ummmmmm ok you got me. But i call him Mahoney. It has a nice ring to it."

Egads. Just absolutely shameless and insulting to our intelligence. Seriously, newbie, just STOP.

patsox23 said:
KEEGS: "Ummmmmm ok you got me. But i call him Mahoney. It has a nice ring to it."

Egads. Just absolutely shameless and insulting to our intelligence. Seriously, newbie, just STOP.
wait, how is it insulting to your intelligence?
How is it "absolutely shameless"???
I think you are taking it a bit far.

Stop your crying, then get back to me.

Last edited:
10 characters

Attachments

• jackass.jpg
    jackass.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.