PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Got Bored and Made a Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
Good stuff. The more I watch this kid in action, the more I love this draft pick! We haven't had a breakaway threat like this at RB since Curtis Martin. Any time he touches the ball he can take it to the house

Gonna be a great 1-2 combo. Dillion softens them up, then the break away threat from Maroney. Meanwhile the "D" is sippin Gatorade and studying photos on the sidelines...

very solid hendrix!

I can't wait for mini camp!:D

great vids guys!

Great video. I'll use my own music in the background if you dont mind. ;)

Very nice..thank you Hendrix. All i can say is..Boomer better be getting that "WOOOOT" after big runs and nice moves because Maroney will be breaking big runs and cutting on dimes. For some that say..well a great RB never cuts to side like that and r uns east-west. well you can tell in that video hes confident about ability and speed to be able to "Free Lance" and take it to the house. Cant wait

People have been looking to label Maroney's running style, and I'd say it's distinct, with elements of several good runners. He does resemble Edgerrin James, with the shorter, choppier steps he takes, especially behind the line. He's not a long strider. He gets up to full speed fast like James, too, and that same style of running before he hits the hole, what I call cannonball running. He'll stay behind his blockers, watch for a hole, and once it appears, it's like he's shot out of a cannon and up the field, through the hole. No wasted effort. He also resembles Clinton Portis, again with the shorter strides, but more knee lift, like Portis or pre-injury James. He has the same shiftiness as Portis, in his shoulders, and his cutback moves. And he has a little Tony Dorsett, in the way he runs through the line. He can make himself thin, then get his shoulders squared fast, swivel his hips, and quickly accelerate after his cut to outrun converging defenders on both sides, and he has good leg strength and the instinct to kick his legs out to avoid being brought down by arm tackles. He doesn't have Dorsett's high leg kick while running, or the agility Dorsett had though, but a simliar style of "power" runs. If Maroney can turn his talent into production, he could be a player in the class of any of the three, which is pretty exciting.

Last edited:
WOW, great video. I personally like his run against Tulsa where he hops over one guy then just completely breaks the safeties ankles with a juke. Then takes it 75 yards for the TD

Hendrix said:
Yup..been a fan since 6th grade (so like 9 years)..75% of the reason why i play guitar
What of the remaining 25%?

I can relate to your JH influence ..... I play slide primarily because of Duane Allman.

Bobs My Uncle said:
What of the remaining 25%?

I can relate to your JH influence ..... I play slide primarily because of Duane Allman.

uhh...Jimmy Page, Clapton, Robby Krieger, Duane Allman, Yngwie Malmsteen, EVH, Allan Holdsworth, Lenny Breau...pretty much

Hendrix said:
uhh...Jimmy Page, Clapton, Robby Krieger, Duane Allman, Yngwie Malmsteen, EVH, Allan Holdsworth, Lenny Breau...pretty much
I like your style. You should be a Pats fan :D

What about the old blues masters? Guys like Son House, Robert Johnson, Freddie King, BB King, Albert King, Otis Rush, Muddy Waters, Elmore James ....

Bobs My Uncle said:
I like your style. You should be a Pats fan :D

What about the old blues masters? Guys like Son House, Robert Johnson, Freddie King, BB King, Albert King, Otis Rush, Muddy Waters, Elmore James ....
I'm slowly becoming a Pats fan especially with the addition to Maroney.

Probably the only 20 year old who knows Lenny Breau too.

I love BB King, Albert King, Muddy Waters...a few guys I forgot to mention are SRV, Robert Cray, Ry Cooder

He looks like a man amongst boys playing. He never seems to get hit, he just outruns everybody. They say the speed in the NFL is completely different.

Do you have any clips of him actually breaking a tackle.

p.s. thanks for the video.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
He looks like a man amongst boys playing. He never seems to get hit, he just outruns everybody. They say the speed in the NFL is completely different.

Do you have any clips of him actually breaking a tackle.

p.s. thanks for the video.

well if you watch the vid, you'll see there a few times where he almost gets tackled, like in one of the last clips

Your video is great. I like the clips you chose, and even the Michael Buble soundtrack. My only complaint is that after watching it, I'm longing for football season to begin.

He could go all the way...

I can hear Chris Berman now. Man, if he is half as good as that video I will be stoked.:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Hendrix said:
well if you watch the vid, you'll see there a few times where he almost gets tackled, like in one of the last clips

I watched the video and enjoyed it very much. It just seems like he doesn't get hit and I wonder how he'll be with breaking tackles in the NFL.

I'm so glad Maroney's on my side now. Some of those runs v. Michigan brought back bad memories. Maroney is a baller and a half.

Hey Hendrix, are you sure you never did a highlights video before? It's AWESOME! I like the choice of background music too - who / what is it??

I'm old enough to have worshiped Jimi H when I was about your age (I did the math from your earlier post) and it is great to hear that some of the greats from my era are finding appreciation with a new, younger audience.

Now some comments on Laurance Maroney: WOW! He looks great - makes people miss both in traffic and in the open field, and once he gets out there he can take it all the way. Of course the defenders in the NFL are faster, but he seems to have good speed as well. He has a real nice way of setting up his blocks, and he seems to be able to change direction on a dime and juke with the best of them. He has the kind of waterbuggy sideways hop too that leaves guys tackling air.

GREAT DRAFT PICK!

Upright running style, high knee action, big accelleration. The first few clips I thought i was looking @ a young Eric ****erson minus about 10 lbs. Great video. Thanks for the hard work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case