PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I beat mgteich at posting first 53 man Roster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I think Collins will be groomed as Ninko's backup with the hope he takes over in a year or two. Situational pass-rusher in the meantime. Dobson and Boyce both make the squad.

2 QB - TFB, Mallett
4 RB - Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, L.Washington
4 TE - Gronk, AHern, Ballard, HooMan
6 wr - Amendola, Edelman, D.Jones, Dobson, Boyce and Slater
9 OL - Solder, Mankins, Wendell, Connolly and Seabass
Svitek, Zusevics, McDonald and Cannon

9 DL - C. Jones, Wilfork, T. Kelly, Ninkovich
J. Francis, K. Love, B. Deaderick, A. Armstead and Bequette or Cunningham
6 LB - Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, J. Collins, Fletcher, Koutouvides or Tarpinian
5 CB - Talib, Dennard, Ryan, Dowling and Arrington
5 S - McCourty, Gregory, T. Wilson, D. Harmon and A. Wilson
3 ST - Gostkowski, Metsko and Aiken

Missed Cut
M. Kafka - QB
J. Demps - RB
M. Jenkins - WR
D. Fells - TE
M. Vega - LB
M. Cole - DB
N. Ebner - S

I like this team. Looks like a group that will be fun to root for. When does training camp start again?

:)

I did my roster after pick 102 and decided not to post it. I agree with all you posted. I would note that the big question marks are the health of Dowling (alternate = Cole) and Fletcher (alternative: keep both Cunningham and Bequette). I would also note that Francis may fail to beat out both Cunningham and Bequette.

Personally, I think that the rest of the off-season is going to be very, very slow. We have nothing to wait for but Game One.

I think Collins will be groomed as Ninko's backup with the hope he takes over in a year or two. Situational pass-rusher in the meantime. Dobson and Boyce both make the squad.

2 QB - TFB, Mallett
6 wr - Amendola, Edelman, D.Jones, Dobson, Boyce and Slater

6 LB - Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, J. Collins, Fletcher, Koutouvides or Tarpinian
3 ST - Gostkowski, Metsko and Aiken

Missed Cut
M. Kafka - QB
J. Demps - RB
M. Jenkins - WR
D. Fells - TE
M. Vega - LB
M. Cole - DB
N. Ebner - S

Mallet is a stud, and I am glad he is still our number 2.

I have not yet tried to put together a preliminary roster prediction, but I am not yet writing off Ebner and Cole. Belichcick has always liked to allocate a few roster positions to players more for their special teams contributions than for their abilities as a position player, and both were vital parts of the Pats special teams.

While I will admit that I don't know how they manage to fit on to the 53-man roster right now, I'm hesitant to write them off quite yet.

Well there will be injuries and we still haven't identified the UDA who will make this year's 53.

I'm hoping Ebner makes the team. Great special teams player.

I'm hoping Ebner makes the team. Great special teams player.

That's a waste. I think we can have one of these other rookies, who actually have some talent at their natural position will be better.

Buchanan is headed for the Practice Squad. He definitely needs a year. Beauharnais on the other hand could be on the 53 if Fletcher has his usual health issues.

....and don't forget the flag football demon we'll take tonight!

Some typos, etc. bolded below, along with a couple actual football comments.

2 QB - TFB, Mallett
6 wr - Amendola, Edelman, D.Jones, Dobson, Boyce and Slater Hard to go with fewer

6 LB - Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, J. Collins, Fletcher, Koutouvides or Tarpinian White is the ST LB who's done the most on the field recently (which hasn't been much). This might be the year to go new/young in that slot.
3 ST - Gostkowski, Metsko Mesko and Aiken

Missed Cut
M. Kafka - QB
J. Demps - RB You mean Blount
M. Jenkins - WR
D. Fells - TE
M. Vega - LB
M. Cole - DB
N. Ebner - S Deserves a spot, but 10-11 other DBs are indeed ahead of him.

Personally, I think that the rest of the off-season is going to be very, very slow. We have nothing to wait for but Game One.

If you're right, then there's probably some cap room to roll over to future seasons (directly or via extensions). That's good, as there aren't any extra picks banked.

I kinda feel like Gregory is going to be the surprise cut of the off season. I also think Zusevics is the odd man out at OT.

I kinda feel like Gregory is going to be the surprise cut of the off season.

Could happen pretty easily, if Tavon Wilson makes a big sophomore offseason jump.

So, if Tavon WIlson looks good in preseason games, we'll cut Gregory to save a half million and keep Ebner? I'd rather have the security of a safety who can start if needed.

Could happen pretty easily, if Tavon Wilson makes a big sophomore offseason jump.

5 udfa's from 2012 are still on our books... Bolden, Francis, Zusevics, Forsten and Herman

At least 2 possibly more of our UDFA's will make the 53 this time, i'm rooting for one of the WR's Moe or Thompkins

So, if Tavon WIlson looks good in preseason games, we'll cut Gregory to save a half million and keep Ebner? I'd rather have the security of a safety who can start if needed.

Tough call. Inactive player who is better at his position in the event of injury, or active special teamer you wouldn't want on the field. Perhaps Harmon takes the spot.

Which spot is that?

Tough call. Inactive player who is better at his position in the event of injury, or active special teamer you wouldn't want on the field. Perhaps Harmon takes the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back