PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howie Long on "deflategate": The Integrity of the Process is Flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The process is fine ..... it's the integrity of those who are entrusted to act on the process who have integrity issues.

Eh, I don't think the process is fine. The process provides absolute power to a single individual.

You can cite that Goodell is the only moron to abuse his given power, but whether abused or not in the past, no single person should have absolute power in this process. Goodell is the first and hopefully the last to abuse this because the tide is turning, and in a sense, he did the NFLPA a favor.

They will never allow such an absolute power to loom over them again.

I've been strongly against the NFLPA in the past for defending murderers, rapists, woman and child abusers, but when it comes to "the integrity" of "the shield", and the shield is abusing its power so blindly, I cannot support them more.

The definition of "integrity", at least with a military background, is "Do what is right, even when nobody is looking".

Goodell can't even do the right thing when EVERYONE is looking, what do you think he does when NOBODY is looking?

The NFL needs change, badly. Sadly, I'm not strong enough to stop watching football, but I'm about to support every counterfit product out there cheating the NFL's license dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes