PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to lose to the Jets in week 17

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I really think the thought has crossed Bill’s mind and unless by some miracle we’re in playoff contention after next Sunday I think it’s more and more probable he’s going to pull the trigger on doing whatever it takes to keep Lawrence out of the AFCE. Normally I’d say no way Bill does this but it’s the Jets and we know how he feels about them.

Start by resting players who would help us win. Preseason offense all the way. I’m also thinking experimenting with a no punt offense could be fun to watch. Go for every single 4th down! What are your creative ideas? Lol

The Jest lovers at 345 Park Ave would be livid but I think there will be enough plausible deniability to pull it off.

Of course the reverse is true if we some how are needing the week 17 win from the jets to get into the playoffs. You know the jets would try everything they can to screw us over.

Of course the reverse is true if we some how are needing the week 17 win from the jets to get into the playoffs. You know the jets would try everything they can to screw us over.
No doubt about that!

I’d rather see Lawrence go to NYJ and go 0-16. Better still, go 0-16 and Lawrence is so disgusted that he either returns to Clemson or pulls a reverse Eli...

Would a 1 win JESTs team still draft ahead of the 1 win JAG-uars?

Would a 1 win JESTs team still draft ahead of the 1 win JAG-uars?
League uses strength of schedule as a draft tiebreaker. If both teams have 1 win then it means the Jags got their 1 win season with an inferior strength of schedule compared to the Jets therefore Jags get the top pick ahead of the Jets.

Last edited:
To suppose that the bb pats could be worse than the jesters without blatantly showing it to be intentional is 'not logical'. Anyway, They will likely out intentionally-lose you (even if they have to send only 9 out on their kickoff from go-ahead score to do it) and you will still win. So why bother? Just give them an 0-16 season to match the TB loser team of the ages and ?? (who was the other team).
If we are lucky Lawrence pulls an Eli and if not they will screw him up.

PS. To intentionally lose, I think you would have to start Hoyer.
Personally, I would rather see Stidham get at least one start with a prep week.

To suppose that the bb pats could be worse than the jesters without blatantly showing it to be intentional is 'not logical'. Anyway, They will likely out intentionally-lose you (even if they have to send only 9 out on their kickoff from go-ahead score to do it) and you will still win. So why bother? Just give them an 0-16 season to match the TB loser team of the ages and ?? (who was the other team).
If we are lucky Lawrence pulls an Eli and if not they will screw him up.

The Jets were that close to beating them last time so for sure there is some plausible deniability. Starting Hoyer or Stidham would be helpful to lose.

I still think the Jets would just ruin Lawrence. Let them have him.

As a Pats fan, I'm with you on that. As a football fan, and as a person attempting to be a decent human being, that would feel tragic.
What he did yesterday to take apart ND was remarkable. He showed skills and development beyond anything I've seen in a college QB in a decade. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, just as a fan. Preferably in Jacksonville.

The projected #2 QB is pretty good as well, right? How much of a difference in talent? I think BB would need to start Stidham and have a couple other key players ruled out due to injury.

I really think the thought has crossed Bill’s mind and unless by some miracle we’re in playoff contention after next Sunday I think it’s more and more probable he’s going to pull the trigger on doing whatever it takes to keep Lawrence out of the AFCE. Normally I’d say no way Bill does this but it’s the Jets and we know how he feels about them.

Start by resting players who would help us win. Preseason offense all the way. I’m also thinking experimenting with a no punt offense could be fun to watch. Go for every single 4th down! What are your creative ideas? Lol

The Jest lovers at 345 Park Ave would be livid but I think there will be enough plausible deniability to pull it off.
There is 0.0000% chance bill belichick throws a game.

Normally I would agree but if there’s one franchise he would do it to to spite them, it’s the Jets. He tweaked their noses with the delay of game last year. No question he would do it again to them if he could.

As a Pats fan, I'm with you on that. As a football fan, and as a person attempting to be a decent human being, that would feel tragic.
What he did yesterday to take apart ND was remarkable. He showed skills and development beyond anything I've seen in a college QB in a decade. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, just as a fan. Preferably in Jacksonville.

I agree that it would be the best possible outcome for all parties if Lawrence could simply go somewhere other than the Jets, and he seems like a good guy who deserves that outcome. But I was just talking from a competitive Patriots perspective as you say.

+ 1

Normally I would agree but if there’s one franchise he would do it to to spite them, it’s the Jets. He tweaked their noses with the delay of game last year. No question he would do it again to them if he could.
No. F-ing with them while beating them up is very different than throwing a game.

Might be tough, Bill clearly tried to do it in the 1st game and jest still lost. I mean come on, 27 points allowed to them. Pats down 27-17 going into the 3rd quarter? Same team has held the Chiefs, Rams, Bills, Ravens, Cardinals and Chargers to fewer points than that. Bill used defensive Plan E in that one and the jest stilled jest'd it up.

I think he pulls a Manning and says I won’t go to the Jets; please trade the pick to New England. I would do that or stay at Clemson. Oh, no. No way do I elect to go to a team owned by the Johnsons. No, no, no, no, NO!

He’s intentionally lost a game in the past when it benefited the team.
I could see him doing it again.
If he does, I hope it’s blatant, maybe give Dolegala a look . Lol

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST