PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How soon...

I was thinking about this today as well. Perhaps it's not something that we will see ourselves, but in the background Jonathan run the new GM and HC search and make the decisions.

Or, perhaps, Jonathan will be at the press conference and Bob will specifically mention that Jonathan is running the search. Who knows.

I’m thinking that is really the biggest question. The old regime is done ,
I doubt they make another big move in leadership. Jonathan already does a lot of the heavy lifting

I doubt they make another big move in leadership. Jonathan already does a lot of the heavy lifting

I assume Jonathan has been running things to a relatively large extent for a while now.

Then these GM/HC hires will be Jonathan's legacy... I hope he's ready to hit the ground running, because if he has any foresight at all, he should already have a post-Belichick road map in place...

I would assume he will stick around for at least a couple more years. Kraft needs to own this decision and whatever blowback happens so that it does not follow his son for the next 10 years.

Then these GM/HC hires will be Jonathan's legacy... I hope he's ready to hit the ground running, because if he has any foresight at all, he should already have a post-Belichick road map in place...
My guess is that they have been preparing for this day for some time.

With all the media leaks since Germany, and the famous lip-reading video of Jonathan - I'm sure they've been doing deep research and private discussions about a succession plan. They wouldn't go into this possibility of splitting with BB, and just hope it all works out in Black January. I trust Rob & Jon to be very deliberate and shrewd decision makers.
At least we all hope!

Love Jonathon's work with the Revolution.

My understanding is Jonathan runs the day to day but involves Bob on the big stuff where he has the relationships (Bill, Tom, etc).

My belief is it will be Jonathan who leads the coaching/GM search and will make the recommendation on who is hired....with Bob's blessing as he is part of the process (and owns the team lol).

Robert will be the public face of the organization indefinitely. He’ll do whatever he wants as long as he’s healthy. There may never be a formal announcement, untul health and time make it inescapably obvious.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back