PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How on Earth was this not a flag?

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Traditionally, if you miss the whistle too bad, and there was a million whistles. Wasn’t a super hard hit but c’mon this was absolutely absurd

Traditionally, if you miss the whistle too bad, and there was a million whistles. Wasn’t a super hard hit but c’mon this was absolutely absurd

My favorite part was watching the tough guy waving on all combatants as he was backing away. Maybe he was hoping his teammates would step in between. What a coward.

Ridiculous. A Goodell boy no call. :excited:

Was that the play the Pats had to waste a timeout? How the eff were they supposed to line up ?

This was disgraceful.

TBH on the other play, I was somewhat ok with the hit on Mac as he dove head first on the scramble.

Insane no call. He's our future QB I'd appreciate the same protection all franchise QBs are granted.

Judon was "finishing the play" too on that punt... and out comes the flag. Weird. He was also held all game and no call.

Always great to beat the other team and their refs.

Thankfully on Judon's penalty, because of the offsetting calls, we ended up better because we got a much better return out of Gunner. But I agree, I'm not sure what punt rushers are supposed to do when they dive for the ball and the punter falls into them.

On the Jones hit, it's ridiculous to just say he was "finishing the play". Not only were there tons of whistles, but everyone else on both teams was standing upright and not moving. It should have been obvious to everyone with half a brain that the play was dead.

I kinda saw the missed one as a makeup for the flimsy call you're referring to.

If that's the case, even more shame on the officials. If you need to throw a makeup call (which happens, I'm not naive) you do it on another ticky-tack, could go either way kind of play. That one was blatant and dangerous. Letting that go in the interest of "equality" would be horrid.

I thought it wasnt a hard hit from that angle, but the other angle showed he actually had a free hard hit to the back, and Mac winced when he was hit

What I'm confused about is how they called holding on every long run we had, but didn't call any of the holding on the long runs the Chargers had, where there was obvious holding. Because holding happens on every damn play pretty much.

There was some terrible officiating all around the league yesterday.
This non-call. The ticky tack holding call which took away a Patriots TD in the first half
The non call of DPI on the Titans in OT against the Colts
At least 2 of the 4 calls on Dallas during the Vikings last drive
And the worst was the Jets and Cincinnati. Final 2 minute drive by the Jets. On 3rd and 11, Jets running back Ty Johnson lowers his helmet and hits Bengal defender Mike Hilton on his helmet. Instead of it being 4th down, Hilton gets flagged for a helmet to helmet hit and the Jets drive continued.

Last edited:
If that's the case, even more shame on the officials. If you need to throw a makeup call (which happens, I'm not naive) you do it on another ticky-tack, could go either way kind of play. That one was blatant and dangerous. Letting that go in the interest of "equality" would be horrid.
Yeah, if the goal is to protect the QB, you should actually protect the QB. But from a strategic standpoint, it just balanced out the earlier call.

The refs in general were very, very permissive of funny business yesterday. The Chargers should have been called for delay of game instead of us during that fight because they started it and held us up from running a play. DPI wasn't a factor in either direction even though it should have been arguably in both directions.

Judon was "finishing the play" too on that punt... and out comes the flag. Weird. He was also held all game and no call.

Always great to beat the other team and their refs.
The punt call was especially stupid because it was entirely momentum caused before the punt happened. What's Judon supposed to do, change how physics works?

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back