PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much does emotion play in these games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
We saw a team last year that was 2-14 in the colts managed to get to the postseason this year with a rookie QB and played Baltimore actually better the the Pats did...the Colts were playing out of their minds all season for their ill Head Coach and produced a nice season.

The Ravens had not one,but two emotions going into the playoffs...one for their dead owner Modell and one for their leader on the field and in the locker room Ray Lewis.

For the past few years the Pats have lit up the scoreboard and some double digit wins in the regular season,but for some reason they fall flat and emotionless sometime during the playoffs,whether its the Super Bowl or beforehand,you can't win titles if you don't play hard 60 minutes and in every playoff game and I think a lot has to do with lack of urgency on the team as a whole at some point after they get in the tournament...it happens with young rosters.

Until this team gets a 'leader' on defense that shows fire and poise like Rodney and Bruschi showed and gets them into playing as one close unit with urgency and purpose...the team is probably looking ahead to similar fate in future years as the Brady/Belichick years start to dwindle down to its finale,there needs to be some kind of moral support from a true leader,especially on defense.

We have the talent...however leadership in key areas remains the problem and titles will become hard to obtain until someone steps forward.

We saw a team last year that was 2-14 in the colts managed to get to the postseason this year with a rookie QB and played Baltimore actually better the the Pats did...the Colts were playing out of their minds all season for their ill Head Coach and produced a nice season.

The Ravens had not one,but two emotions going into the playoffs...one for their dead owner Modell and one for their leader on the field and in the locker room Ray Lewis.

For the past few years the Pats have lit up the scoreboard and some double digit wins in the regular season,but for some reason they fall flat and emotionless sometime during the playoffs,whether its the Super Bowl or beforehand,you can't win titles if you don't play hard 60 minutes and in every playoff game and I think a lot has to do with lack of urgency on the team as a whole at some point after they get in the tournament...it happens with young rosters.

Until this team gets a 'leader' on defense that shows fire and poise like Rodney and Bruschi showed and gets them into playing as one close unit with urgency and purpose...the team is probably looking ahead to similar fate in future years as the Brady/Belichick years start to dwindle down to its finale,there needs to be some kind of moral support from a true leader,especially on defense.

We have the talent...however leadership in key areas remains the problem and titles will become hard to obtain until someone steps forward.

I think emotion provides limited impetus. Preparation and focus lead to solid execution, not getting "fired up."

I think emotion provides limited impetus. Preparation and focus lead to solid execution, not getting "fired up."

You have similar opinions concerning both music and football, looks like.

You'd prefer Steve Hackett plowing through a technically proficient 20 minute "Supper's Ready" while hunched over in deep concentration sitting on a fold-out chair... rather than getting your rocks off witnessing a sloppy Page owning it as he orgasmically traipses through a ****y skittering duckwalk.:cool:

You have similar opinions concerning both music and football, looks like.

You'd prefer Steve Hackett plowing through a technically proficient 20 minute "Supper's Ready" while hunched over in deep concentration sitting on a fold-out chair... rather than getting your rocks off witnessing a sloppy Page owning it as he orgasmically traipses through a ****y skittering duckwalk.:cool:

No, I like both. But you can sustain high emotion as far as fueling performance of any kind for only so long. It can give you an initial boost, but preparation and focus are what seal the deal.

Thoroughly disagree. There is ample leadership on this team and plenty of aggressiveness n defence. Fr me this can be added to the list of drastic overreacting.

We turned the ball over. We had dropped passes and mistakes from guys who are normally as reliable as they come. We have a couple of needs which hurt us in this game and need to be addresses (although those same two needs seem to be biting us in the ass year in, year out).

You can't tell me the likes of Mayo, Wilfork, Slater, Brady etc. don't provide the leadership this team needs. You can't tell me that Spikes doesn't bring a fire to this defence....a defence which is highly successful against the run therefore has to be pretty damn aggressive.

We had a bad game...Jesus...chill people!

As for emotion, it plays a minute part. For me anyway.

Yer alright, Tunes. Anyone who brings Tony Levin to Pats games is "A #1" in my book. He was lotta fun to watch in ABWH at their last show (MSG March 1990). Legs spread wide in a pair of Adrian Belew baggies whilst thwackin' away on that stick, twisting to and fro. Lotta abdominal torque there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes