PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do I keep my wife from giving birth...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost NOBODY has their kid on the EXACT due date. Trust me. (Wife went into labor just after an ugly 28-21 win over the Lions last year on Dec. 3rd and my son was born on the 4th. She was due on the 2nd)

Hell, yeah! Harrison Brady was born on that December 3rd. I remember it well...we had the game on in my recovery room but I wasn't really paying attention, and was glad it wasn't a particularly memorable game. I went into labor on the 1st, a week early.

I had discussions with my doula on exactly what was to happen should we be laboring during a Patriots game. I was to receive regular updates if we were at a hospital but if we were laboring at home, it was to be in front of the TV. It was all well thought out.

Birthing during football season is rough. But as a woman who cares way more than her husband, I find all the stereotyping amusing. Harrison is named after two Patriots and everyone I tell that to assumes my husband must have done that until they notice the manic gleam in my eye.

Anyway, I'm with JoeSixPat. Get the baby out earlier, it'll be easier. Lots of walking and sex, if she's up to it.No castor oil, though. That stuff is nasty!

eta: Oh, and congrats! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Also, I'm with the others who say please try to keep the thread light. This is all in fun, it's so obvious from the OP.

Last edited:
I think Asante would work for a girl.

If you have quads, you can name them Asante, Kelley, Heath & Brady-boys or girls-the makings of an all-pro-line-up.

Let's see...gir's names...Wilhemena, Thomasina, Randi, Micaelina, Jabarasina, Lawrencesina, Kevineena, Logan could be a chick's name.

If the baby is born on SB Sunday, and the Pats win...think of the great possibility for names and the historical significance of naming your kid Tom, Wesly, Randy, Asante, Tedy, Mike, Lawrence, Jabar, Kevin, Logan, and so forth. If it's a girl...oh well.

...on Superbowl Sunday? When we first found out she was pregnant, we were of course very happy! Then they gave us the expected due date, and my first reaction was: FEBRUARY 3rd?? Are you serious?? That's when the Pats will be playing for title number 4!!

Yeah, that was your thought that day. As if.

if it's a boy, I think you should call him nineteenandoh, if it's a girl - ladainian.

************ lighten up. Can't you see the levity in this thread??

Amen, lighten up.

I guarentee when that kid is 15 or 16 and you ask them "what they would have done" they would have said, DELAY!! as well...

chances are it will be after Feb 3rd, my guess....Feb 6th...let us know!

20 bux on the Baby pool calender

First of all....you are acting like it is YOUR responsibility.....no my friend...it is your WIFE's responsibility to hold off the little charmer until an appropriate time....

It takes two to tango so don't let your wife escape her responsibilities!!!

In another vein....congragtulations and I hope it all works out well....

A humongous cork...

...on Superbowl Sunday? When we first found out she was pregnant, we were of course very happy! Then they gave us the expected due date, and my first reaction was: FEBRUARY 3rd?? Are you serious?? That's when the Pats will be playing for title number 4!! So naturally we hit up training camp knowing it would be our last trip there for a couple years, and my wife managed to get Tom Brady's autograph on one of his daily post-practice "drive-by" signings. So we were convinced this would be a special season...and even more so that the Pats would be playing on Feb 3, 2008.

So now the time draws nigh, and the baby has "dropped down". So the birth is imminent. The delivery room does have a small tv, but something tells me we'll be a tad bit distracted if we're watching the game on that set.

So does anyone have any incantations for me? Or know of any beads we can wear, or anything else we can use to ward off the stork until AFTER Feb 3??

Please keep us in your thoughts fellow Patriots fans! Help us ward off the stork with your Superbowl vibes!

seeing as nobody has given you a serious answer yet, i'll give you some real advice.
sex is one of the best ways of inducing labor. so either have tons of sex before the superbowl in hopes of an early labor, or do not have sex at all. either way, do not have sex the day of the superbowl, as this could bring labor.
also, if she has yet to go into labor on superbowl sunday, make sure that you do EVERYTHING around the house. be sure that she drinks plenty of water and good food. make her relax and do nothing all day. that will help keep the baby at bay.
besides that, there isnt much you can do.

seeing as nobody has given you a serious answer yet, i'll give you some real advice.
sex is one of the best ways of inducing labor. so either have tons of sex before the superbowl in hopes of an early labor, or do not have sex at all. either way, do not have sex the day of the superbowl, as this could bring labor.
also, if she has yet to go into labor on superbowl sunday, make sure that you do EVERYTHING around the house. be sure that she drinks plenty of water and good food. make her relax and do nothing all day. that will help keep the baby at bay.
besides that, there isnt much you can do.

He should be doing everything around the house now anyway. A week before I gave birth I know my husband sure as hell was.

if it's a boy, I think you should call him nineteenandoh, if it's a girl - ladainian.

This made me laugh pretty good.

For God's Sake! Indian (Native American) women use to go off in the woods alone and give birth to the child. Then she would come back and work the fields.

We have spoiled our women because we are afraid of them.

Please don't tell my wife I posted this.

Have a C-section on Friday to give her two days to rest up and then hide her on Sunday so you don't have to hear a screaming crying pooping newborn while you are watching the game...

This one is easy.

Portable diesel generator or UPS battery + dolley + 32" flat screen TV + duct tape to hold it together.

Name the kid Lombardi.

Last edited:
Go ahead and tape/Tivo the game and watch it at your leisure, you'll already know the score, Congratulations. Back on the day of the Patriots first Superbowl in 2001, my wife had been feeling really bad, so she took a pregnancy test which came out positive. She continued to feel bad while I rejoiced well into the early morning.

For the record... my wife is as big a Pats fan as I am. And she reminds me constantly that it was SHE that got our man Tom Brady's autograph at training camp this year.

Dude it will be the miracle baby if it is born that day. Imagine: the greatest day of your life--Pats go 19-0 and your baby is born!

So true!

If she delivers on the Super Bowl, she gets an evening of passion with Peyton Manning.

THANK YOU!!! The message has been delivered! Thanks for the "beads".

Lol... I know what this is like. I was scheduled for inducement on Feb 4th in 2002.... the day after the First Superbowl that the Pats won...

That's fantastic! What an amazing time and experience that is! I hope ours follows a similar course.

Oh come on, Mom. It's obvious that the guy has tongue in cheek and no doubt using the forum to express some of the anxiety we all felt around the birth of a child, especially our first. Couple that with the anxiety that all true Pats fans are feeling about the game and you don't have to be Sigmund freakin' Freud to figure out what's going on.

BINGO! WE'VE GOT BINGO!! This has been an ongoing joke amongst my wife, friends, family, and co-workers. We've had a lot of fun with the pregnancy (the experience itself, the Sox, the Patriots historic run, etc.) and we can't wait for it to come to fruition. But yes ANXIETY is abound! This is our first child and that is nerve racking enough. As is this insanely historic occasion with the Patriots. We are HUGE life long Patriots fans and this game comes with its own ANXIETY. And 2 weeks is 2 long! Just having a good time with the good fans of Patriots Nation.

On a serious note, if your child were indeed to be born on the Sunday on which the Patriots won the Super Bowl, went 19--0 and staked claim to the title of "greatest team ever," what an amazing birth story that you will be able to tell him/her and that your child will tell your grandchildren for a long time to come. Embrace the moment. It will be the greatest day of your life not only because you're a new dad, but also because of the very special circumstances.

Couldn't - agree -more.

I hope you realize how dumb your message was given what the OP said.

BINGO! WE'VE GOT BINGO!!

Hey Dank, tell you what. IF your baby is born during the game and the Pats win, don't worry. I'll buy you a copy of the DVD.

Which one.... the season recap one or 3 GAMES TO GLORY 4?

It is a girl...but her arms won't be big enough for the "GET PAID" tats...

************ lighten up. Can't you see the levity in this thread??

BINGO! WE'VE GOT BINGO!!

Yeah, that was your thought that day. As if.

Yeah...it was. My wife and I were making jokes about it all that afternoon. And we've kept it going to this very day.

ShrewBeer et al: thanks for the real advice too! Much appreciated.

Believe it or not, the kid is even more important the game. Anyway I've got some great names or him (her). How about Donte or Kelley or Logan or Randy or Heath? Anyway the baby will be like your team...a super winner! BEST OF LUCK!

Yeah, my wife is due in April. It was going to be Brady if it were a boy. Of course, its gonna be a girl....

They say that babies can hear very well in the womb. So ... if I were you I would have a talk with the kid.

Tell the kid...

you-goo bettgah come outgah before-goo nexgah Sundgoo. Togoo help

yougoo alongah I will playgah the Sand-gah-egg-goo Soopgah Chargah song

until yougoo aregah sickgoo of hear-goo-ing it ... Doog Goo Gaht That kid!!!

Lovegoo kid .... yourgoo Dadgah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back