PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do I keep my wife from giving birth...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just passed that one along to the wife, and she's laughing so hard it might happen NOW!!!

And that's the fun I was talking about :)
When it's all said and done, we want pics of little Brady.

If you start having severe back spasms on Saturday night, so bad you can't barely move, you will have no choice but to be flat on your back in front of a TV on Sunday.

Last edited:
My suggestion: Get your priorities in order.

It should be a good game, a great game, a historic game. But it is a football game.

On the other hand we are talking about your family here. If seem even the slightest upset with the due date or more focused on Tom Brady than her, she will won't forgive you.

If she does go into labor during the game, turn off the TV and focus on her. Do not tune in the game on the radio to the hospital. If she asks you if you are bother by missing the game respond, "Of course not dear, you and the baby are much more important to me than some football game"

If you can't do that you might want to retain a divorce atty now.

You need a reality check and priority revision. Dank and his wife could glean a lot from BB and the Patriots' skill at multi-tasking, versatility and multi-positional preparedness, and situational play. There's no reason BOTH can't be tuned in to the game in the delivery room if it comes down to that. I suggest surround-sound and 42-inch HD screens at both ends of the bed, plus a tailgate spread in the waiting room if it's a long labor. Could be a win-win situation given adequate preparedness.

Last edited:
Ouch, a spanking.
I never doubted for one minute that his original post was half in jest. Hell, I'm a woman and fully appreciate how joyous and life altering birth is. But given a choice, I'd prefer it not to be during the game. Let the guy have some fun at what is no doubt a stressful time on many fronts.

The sad reality is that men have told their wives to call a cab to get to the hospital b/c they didn't want to miss the superbowl, world series, nba finals or stanley cup. Or when it was close to the end of a game told their wives to wait. And even hit their wives b/c they were upset with the timing.

Are you aware that the single worst day of the year for domestic violence is superbowl sunday?

That's true. Just hope and pray the baby will be healthy and the Patriots will feel like a very very very distant #2 priority when that head starts to crown.
Good luck!

Healthy and happy is the optimum position to be in. Good luck Dank. If it happens to be SB Sunday, then so be it.

You know what's more important.

Lol... I know what this is like. I was scheduled for inducement on Feb 4th in 2002.... the day after the First Superbowl that the Pats won...

I was living in Europe at the time and the game began at midnight there. I was up until about 5 am watching my team win... I slept for about an hour and then off we went to the hospital....

If she has dropped and it dilating already, perhaps you can try some inducement techniques.... Warm baths, walking stairs.... do what got you in this position to begin with.... If she has the baby soon, then you can be home in time (barring any complications)

Good luck!!!!

My suggestion: Get your priorities in order.

It should be a good game, a great game, a historic game. But it is a football game.

Oh come on, Mom. It's obvious that the guy has tongue in cheek and no doubt using the forum to express some of the anxiety we all felt around the birth of a child, especially our first. Couple that with the anxiety that all true Pats fans are feeling about the game and you don't have to be Sigmund freakin' Freud to figure out what's going on.

Is her Obgyn a guy?

Try to find out if he's a Pats fan.

If the answer to the above questions is yes, you've hit paydirt.

Lease a hospital bed
Have the doc over to watch the game, with the nurse he'd probably rather watch with than his wife.
Have the bed in front of a large screen TV
Gather round and watch 'the miracle'
As the joy of your life is brought into this world and Belichick is holding high their 4th Lomabardi...
The word perfect will have many special meanings

Problem solved :D

1) Should your wife go into labor before or during the game, when that time comes, when the significance of what is going on finally hits home for you, I'm willing to bet that you will certainly discover that there is absolutely no doubt as to where your true priorities are. So, be sure you have a taxi or car service lined up to take your wife to the hospital so you can stay home and catch the whole game (JUST KIDDING!).

2) On a serious note, if your child were indeed to be born on the Sunday on which the Patriots won the Super Bowl, went 19--0 and staked claim to the title of "greatest team ever," what an amazing birth story that you will be able to tell him/her and that your child will tell your grandchildren for a long time to come. Embrace the moment. It will be the greatest day of your life not only because you're a new dad, but also because of the very special circumstances.

3) Just in case, if you don't have DVR or Tivo, go out and get it this week and set it to record the game and leave plenty of extra time for the post game festivities. If you have a Blackberry or text phone, have two or three relatives or buddies on standby to text you minute by minute updates.

The sad reality is that men have told their wives to call a cab to get to the hospital b/c they didn't want to miss the superbowl, world series, nba finals or stanley cup. Or when it was close to the end of a game told their wives to wait. And even hit their wives b/c they were upset with the timing.

Are you aware that the single worst day of the year for domestic violence is superbowl sunday?

I don't question your data, but in this context, I think it's over the top heavy to lay them on this guy. I don't argue that it's important for all of us to be aware that there is ugliness in the world and that a disproportionate amount of it is directed at women and the powerless, but I just don't think that's going on here at all.

I think you might have started a separate thread on the topic in a day or so, as I find what you are saying educational and you may have done a lot of good. I just wouldn't have done it here.

Hmm I guess they don't give hospital room reservations for birth?
If they did, you could wheel in that big screen HDTV into the birthing room.
Well in the worst case scenario, I guess you could TIVO the game.
Good luck with the baby, and congrats!

Hey Dank, tell you what. IF your baby is born during the game and the Pats win, don't worry. I'll buy you a copy of the DVD. Enjoy your time. My little Pats fan was born last Valentine's day during the big storm. Take it from me, it could be a lot worse. :D

If the baby is born on SB Sunday, and the Pats win...think of the great possibility for names and the historical significance of naming your kid Tom, Wesly, Randy, Asante, Tedy, Mike, Lawrence, Jabar, Kevin, Logan, and so forth. If it's a girl...oh well.

If the baby is born on SB Sunday, and the Pats win...think of the great possibility for names and the historical significance of naming your kid Tom, Wesly, Randy, Asante, Tedy, Mike, Lawrence, Jabar, Kevin, Logan, and so forth. If it's a girl...oh well.

I think Asante would work for a girl.

...on Superbowl Sunday? When we first found out she was pregnant, we were of course very happy! Then they gave us the expected due date, and my first reaction was: FEBRUARY 3rd?? Are you serious?? That's when the Pats will be playing for title number 4!! So naturally we hit up training camp knowing it would be our last trip there for a couple years, and my wife managed to get Tom Brady's autograph on one of his daily post-practice "drive-by" signings. So we were convinced this would be a special season...and even more so that the Pats would be playing on Feb 3, 2008.

So now the time draws nigh, and the baby has "dropped down". So the birth is imminent. The delivery room does have a small tv, but something tells me we'll be a tad bit distracted if we're watching the game on that set.

So does anyone have any incantations for me? Or know of any beads we can wear, or anything else we can use to ward off the stork until AFTER Feb 3??

Please keep us in your thoughts fellow Patriots fans! Help us ward off the stork with your Superbowl vibes!

Your new child is worth 10x no 1000x more than a SB. I hope you realize that. If not, we have another child on this planet without a loving mother and father.

The best things in life are your family. Enjoy. Oh, you can do both by the way. Every hospital will have the game on.

Your new child is worth 10x no 1000x more than a SB. I hope you realize that. If not, we have another child on this planet without a loving mother and father.

The best things in life are your family. Enjoy. Oh, you can do both by the way. Every hospital will have the game on.

************ lighten up. Can't you see the levity in this thread??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes