PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did Dooshfins get bye same week as us

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
How did Dooshfins get same BYE week as us in the same division?! Everyone chirping about the Dooshfins coming back from the dead and now they are “contenders “ again……overall they have had one of the EASIEST schedules in the history of the NFL…..and it is making them and their QB look better than they are….one man’s opinion!!!!

They're 6-7. Who cares?

10-7 ? Leapfrog Buffalo ?

Who cares about looks.. its about wins

Bye weeks that are this late have pros and cons. I'm not sure why them being in the same division should have been considered when scheduling them. And regardless of how good we think Miami is based on their competition, fact remains they're playing good football and @Miami has always been a tough place to play for the Pats. If there's something on the line in week 18, I'm not writing a Patriots win down there in pen.

I think that most of the bye weeks feature teams from the same division, it just makes sense for the scheduling Gods

Bye weeks that are this late have pros and cons. I'm not sure why them being in the same division should have been considered when scheduling them. And regardless of how good we think Miami is based on their competition, fact remains they're playing good football and @Miami has always been a tough place to play for the Pats. If there's something on the line in week 18, I'm not writing a Patriots win down there in pen.
In an ideal schedule, IMO, all the teams in a division would have their byes the same week.

For such a simple scheduling formula, it sure breeds a lot of conspiracy theories.

How does their bye week have any relevance to anything you said?
This….kind of like watching a political debate, when the politician is asked a question and then blabs on and on about a totally different subject.

In an ideal schedule, IMO, all the teams in a division would have their byes the same week.

That would be an interesting quirk if they could pull it off. Have all the bye weeks from weeks 6-13, each week the four teams off are in the same division, rotate the divisions forward each year (so if the AFC East was off week 6 this year, next they would be off in week 7, then when they get to week 13 the next year they loop back to 6). Might be even better if you can then schedule division games the following week. So it goes: Everyone on a bye, followed by Pats/Bills and Jets/Phins, or something like that. That way there's no imbalance where some teams are playing a bunch of teams coming off their byes. All fair, all equal, and should make for some competitive division games.

This….kind of like watching a political debate, when the politician is asked a question and then blabs on and on about a totally different subject.
French fries are indeed my favorite, with a little mix of mayo, bbq sauce and seasoned salt for dipping. They really go well with a burger or even a steak when they're like that. Hate the steak fries though, have to be crispy not that mealy, mushy approach to French Fries. I would guess the second favorite is onion rings after that, but again the thinner ones, not overly thick.

Until I saw this thread, I didn't even realize they were off this week. That's how relevant they are to me.

Dog Reaction GIF

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back