PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bad do opposing fans wanna see the Patriots lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I frequent a bar that draws fans of many teams (Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers) but has a lot of Redskins fans. They do the Redskins song. (I missed the Redskins game there)

During the Colts game I endured chants of OVERrated...OVERrated...
Then came the FU Brady...FU Brady...FU Brady.Really, that was a chant. And they weren't using the letters.

Interesting, I thought, as many were wearing Redskins shirts. You'd think after being beaten so bad...

During the Pittsburg game: frothing at the mouth..."They get all the calls!"
"Harrison raped him!" Even the Tuck Rule game up.

During the Eagles game, everyone becomes an Eagles fan.

Ravens game. Yelling and outrage at the Gaffney Challenge call.
"The refs want them to win!"

So, my experience is the same as other posters who see fans of other teams rooting for the opponents of the Patriots.

I frequent a bar that draws fans of many teams (Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers) but has a lot of Redskins fans. They do the Redskins song. (I missed the Redskins game there)

During the Colts game I endured chants of OVERrated...OVERrated...
Then came the FU Brady...FU Brady...FU Brady.Really, that was a chant. And they weren't using the letters.

Interesting, I thought, as many were wearing Redskins shirts. You'd think after being beaten so bad...

During the Pittsburg game: frothing at the mouth..."They get all the calls!"
"Harrison raped him!" Even the Tuck Rule game up.

During the Eagles game, everyone becomes an Eagles fan.

Ravens game. Yelling and outrage at the Gaffney Challenge call.
"The refs want them to win!"

So, my experience is the same as other posters who see fans of other teams rooting for the opponents of the Patriots.

Hehehe. That's funny. All this envy and hate just rolls off the back when you just KEEP winning! The Pats season has really been magical. Let's enjoy the ride, because this is unlikely to happen again for a long time! Move over 72 Dolphins!

At some point I stopped trying to defend the Patriots and stopped caring that people hated them so much and I've started to just enjoy it, same as you. Embracing that my team is the 'bad guys' made it all fun, especially considering that they have been winning so much. :)

I hit that point after the Cowboys game.

...if another team was doing what the Patriots (and the rest of Boston sports) is doing....
Does anyone know what this phrase means?
Is it English? Strange combination of words,,,makes no sense...:confused:

I don't think that you would have heard the Redskins song sung too many times during the 'Skins game this year. LOL. :D

You know what if fans of other teams hate the Pats, fine. But they will look like fools later on down the line when the discussion comes up about the greatest of all time or even if they look back on what the Pats have done this year.

I'm not old enough to really remember but was there this much animosity towards the '72 Phins and the '85 Bears? Didn't this country used to reward and admire sports accomplishments no matter what the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News