PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Homer Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record, I am pretty much anti-whining in life as well as in football boards.

Seems to me to only have negative connotations.

Dic.com

2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way

i'm in on the "homer/sane" game thread. in fact i'm thinking of changing my user id to "homer/sane pat fan".

i think most of us come to this forum for a good argument. if everyone agreed with everything, it would be kind of boring. if you dont like someone disagreeing with you, or having a different opinion, or whining, go read columns on network websites. a forum is the wrong place for you to be.

I think it would be great of course, if people could debate thinks intelligently, and not get into an attacking mode when someone has a different opinion than yours......I think the homer page is a great idea though.....I think you should have a homer page........and a realist page......

PS you could send out rose colored glasses to all members of the homer page...because every thing that the team does is going to be.... "Perfect"!
;)

A spirited debate is not the intention of game threads. That's all we're talking about here.... GAME THREAD. It would be nice to have one that allowed fans of other teams to read it without thinking that the Patriots fans consider their team to be the worst in the history of the NFL and completely incapable of defeating an opponent who's only down by a 28-7 score, for example.

As for regular forums, all that is asked is that rational arguments be used rather than the classic "Maroney sucks" sort of crap.

I could give a f**k about what fans of other teams think of our team or its fans.....do you?

I think the purpose of a GAME THREAD is discuss things that are going on with our offensive and defensive players during the GAME, and assess how effective they are, or where we may need to make adjustments. For example, when our team plays well for the first half, then can do nothing and miss all kinds of assignments in the second half.......I think it is perfectly NORMAL to discuss what is going on with them.....To sit there with blinders on (or rose colored glasses.....;) and just keep saying rah rah...we are up by 28 points......shut the f' up!.....and not look at the bigger picture that if we do NOT tighten up certain things....eventually it is going to bite us.......your missing it......GO PATS

I think it would be great of course, if people could debate thinks intelligently, and not get into an attacking mode when someone has a different opinion than yours......I think the homer page is a great idea though.....I think you should have a homer page........and a realist page......

PS you could send out rose colored glasses to all members of the homer page...because every thing that the team does is going to be.... "Perfect"!
;)

We're 15-0. Why would you need two pages?

The Homer page is the realist page.

I could give a f**k about what fans of other teams think of our team or its fans.....do you?

I think the purpose of a GAME THREAD is discuss things that are going on with our offensive and defensive players during the GAME, and assess how effective they are, or where we may need to make adjustments. For example, when our team plays well for the first half, then can do nothing and miss all kinds of assignments in the second half.......I think it is perfectly NORMAL to discuss what is going on with them.....To sit there with blinders on (or rose colored glasses.....;) and just keep saying rah rah...we are up by 28 points......shut the f' up!.....and not look at the bigger picture that if we do NOT tighten up certain things....eventually it is going to bite us.......your missing it......GO PATS

I agree completely. The game thread is nothing like you describe.

Since when is We succkkk!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: intelligent discussion?

Fair enough. Many of the made o' glass threads are at least funny. I would never want a flag waving rosy scenario forum like some teams have.

This idea was prompted by the game thread in particular.

You know there are ways to say "we should try some screen passes", or "even though we're winning, I don't like this trend" or some such thing.

It's just that "we suck, we're awful" when we are ahead by 3 or four tds or playing in the rain leading from beginning to end just...sucks.

NOW THIS I AGREE WITH......Posts that state "We SUCK"....or talk about any particular player as "They suck" (unless their name is Dwayne Starks....or Monty Beisel) are extremely annoying. Because this isn't either the rose colored glass wearer(AKA homer).....or the realistic fan....this is the doomsday fan....."We're not going to make it.......we're doomed" ....Holy Crap....not there are THREE divisions of "fans" in here!!!;)

NOW THIS I AGREE WITH......Posts that state "We SUCK"....or talk about any particular player as "They suck" (unless their name is Dwayne Starks....or Monty Beisel) are extremely annoying. Because this isn't either the rose colored glass wearer(AKA homer).....or the realistic fan....this is the doomsday fan....."We're not going to make it.......we're doomed" ....Holy Crap....not there are THREE divisions of "fans" in here!!!;)

I agree with this too, but the endless messages like, "Touchdown!", "Go Moss!", "What was that?", and "Way to go TB!" are just as bad and completely lack substance. They fill up page after page and become very repetitive. I tried to hang out in the game thread a few times and got bored.

how about an additional game thread with the title "official game insight thread. do not post if you dont plan on completing at least two sentences"

how about an additional game thread with the title "official game insight thread. do not post if you dont plan on completing at least two sentences"

You could also have a 12 to 15 minumum word count for posting. I tried to ask a question about a play in a game thread once and was immediately followed by a dozen 3 or 4 word "yipee" messages and got buried.

It has been proposed that fans who actually root for the Patriots start their own forum.

I think this is a great idea. I know I don't spend all this time here because I'm some sort of "objective" football expert. I'm a Patriots fan only and would love to have a game thread where "we suck, we're awful" wasn't considered commentary.

Apparently one poster has agreed to leave our game thread alone. If we kept the other whiners out, we could actually have only rooting and constructive criticism in the game thread.

Since we'd be composed solely of fans who've followed the team more than two weeks, we might have some intelligent discussions too.

What do you think "homers"? sounds like a winner to me!
Yeah, but he's considered by many to be only 12 yrears old. Wait 12 year old can come up with a good idea once in a while. Its analygous to the saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while". ;)

Homer Central To The Rescue!

The Homerville City council just voted and they have a approved "The Official Homer Game Thread".

But, do we have to have "the official whiner/second guesser game thread"?:cool:
Maybe the whiner thread could be 1A.

Merry Christmas Everybody!

The Homer thread should have a couple of basic rules:

1..No negative suckyness, I.E. everyone should sound like........ Johnny Most.
2.No whining allowed,If you have to whine ...go to the whiner thread
3.No trashing of players allowed. Were 15-0 so the players can't suck that bad.
4. No OC bashing. Again were 15-0 so he must be soing something right.
5.Referree bashing encouraged. Over the last couple of years the refs have cost us some pretty important games.
6.You're turn

Last edited:
Who is turn?
You or anyone else.Its you're turn to come up with a rule, well not a rule I don't like rules. we'll call it another guideline for the Homer thread.

I agree with this too, but the endless messages like, "Touchdown!", "Go Moss!", "What was that?", and "Way to go TB!" are just as bad and completely lack substance. They fill up page after page and become very repetitive. I tried to hang out in the game thread a few times and got bored.

Actually, that kind of stuff is fun in the chat room.
It's more practical to the forum thread.

Actually, that kind of stuff is fun in the chat room.
It's more practical to the forum thread.

Are you saying it's beneficial to have that stuff in the game thread?

Are you saying it's beneficial to have that stuff in the game thread?

I can see where it's a pain in the ***** on the message board because of constant reloads but in the chat room it ain't no big deal.
I think it's kind of funny the way some people lose their sh!t. :p
Again I say, in the chat room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes