PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hines Ward says he sat out b/c Pats secondary is so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Belichick fan second but a Patriot Fan first, I have to believe that he see's something coming together that no one else see's.

Who are we to doubt that knowing how competitive BB is and what he wants to accomplish for the team as well as what he has set for himself.

I don't buy that I believe BB believes he can win a championship with the group of men he has on this team.

Now I agree they are incredibly inexperienced and not battle tested to the point we'd like them to be.

There is no rapport but that is built thru times and in game situations in starts in practice but is molded when real bullets are fired.

You know what I see out of this defense a whole lot of over achievers
who were told they weren't good enough on their respected teams.

That says to me players who will take to coaching take things seriously play every down like it's their last.

Players who listen to criticism want to get better, I'll take that every time over ****y freelancing players who feel they know better than their coaches, teachers.

BB said it himself he loves coaching the younger players, obviously veterans like Bodden think they know better I strongly disagree with that and like that the Patriots have a coach that won't allow inmates to run the asylum.

I want players who have a chip on their shoulder not told all their lives they are gods gifts to football.

For the ridiculous notion that BB is trying to field a crap coach staff and team for a ego driven agenda are fools.

If he was truly ego driven why retain Brady hell he can field a offense without a QB because he's the all mighty wizard.

BB has a philosophy that he wants to instill in his players and coaches if he felt a coach was inept or a so called yes man I truly believe he wouldn't be the coach anymore.

That being said this defense is a few weeks from turning the corner if we can hold teams to under 24 points we can make it to the big games!

I know...I hope for a surprise...a secret weapon or scheme Bill is going to unleash...maybe even on offense...tate...ocho.....but i really think it is what it is and the bodden move was the worst move to make....
I hate to be a pessimist but I need to vent.

We have big problems and we've made some horrible decisions with personnel-specifically in the secondary. We've opted for quicker players...but it seems they lack the aggressiveness of (last 10 yrs)-Otis Smith Tebucky Jones, Ty Law, Wilson, Samuels etc....etc......list goes on

I'm really disappointed and angry at the Bodden move. That was stupid.

I'm not a coach and I don't see the practices daily either-so I don't know what's best for the team to win.

Buffalo looks great right now....

Love BB but...

Bumble B. is not a good DB coach.

Who did he have come in to help a couple of yrs. ago? Dom Capers?

We drafted :

1.Butler CB (2nd round)-gone.
2.Merriweather S (1st)-gone!
3.Wilhite CB (4th)-gone
4. Wheatley CB (2nd)-gone
5.McGowan S (CHI)-gone
6. Sanders S -gone!
7. Bodden (DET(- gone!
8. McCourty CB (1)- ACTIVE
9. Dowling CB (Top 2nd)- OUT
10. Chung S (2nd)- ACTIVE (gotta stay healthy or we're done!)

The issue is developing our DB's...better coaching.
Bill needs help

MediumCryingHinesWhiney2.gif

huh? How is what ward said offensive? HE IS 100 percent right.

You don't think the squeelers management already knows that though? They don't need Ward anymore. Good possession receiver now....but with Antonio, M. Williams, etc, and the TE'S ....Ward is expendable.

This type of thinking is what makes the difference between the Steelers Way and the Patriots Way.

Ward is not expendable - there is no question he is not the player he used to be, but he is still capable of performing out of the slot with sure hands and leadership. Wallace, Sanders and Brown look to him as a coach on the field and he provides mentoring and instills professionalism on how to approach the game.

Unlike the Patriots, the Steelers have shown loyalty to the players that have enabled them to acheive what they have. Where the Patriots cut Mike Vrabel, the Steelers keep James Farrior. Where the Patriots trade Richard Seymour, the Steelers extend Casey Hampton. Where Assante Samuel leaves via FA, the Steelers retain Polamalu and Taylor.

Farrior is also no longer the player he once was - but he still can play and he teaches the Steeler way to the next generation of Timmons, Woodley and Worilds. Vrabel gets traded uncermoniously and it doesn't sit well in the locker room.

Hampton and Seymour are two of the best DL from the 2001 draft - the Patriots still haven't replaced Seymour. That brilliant trade will bring a #1 pick that provided Belichick doesn't blow it will be a player coming into their prime long after Brady has time catch up with him.

Ty Warren was let go despite his strong work ethic and Albert Haynesworth was brought in with a lot of hype and many saying how the genius Belichick would manage to make him back into a DPOY player despite how he has managed only a couple of quality seasons and has been a lazy and selfish trouble maker his whole career.

Belichick without any checks and balances is doing what he did in Cleveland, cutting players based on his personal feelings like he did with Kosar.

If you haven't noticed, many of the old Steelers veterans that were integral parts of the 2008 Championship team weren't on the field Sunday. That's because at WR, OL, RB and DB have been transitioning with unheralded players who have been developing via practice much like a QB sits for a few years before gets a chance to start. They learned from and respect the veterans - and the Steelers management, in treating the players fairly have shown respect for their players, not interchangeable robots. And it's why the Steelers were winning before the Patriots "dynasty" and since - and fast forward 5 years from now, who is going to be more likely to be competitive and contending for the Super Bowl?

This type of thinking is what makes the difference between the Steelers Way and the Patriots Way.

Ward is not expendable - there is no question he is not the player he used to be, but he is still capable of performing out of the slot with sure hands and leadership. Wallace, Sanders and Brown look to him as a coach on the field and he provides mentoring and instills professionalism on how to approach the game.

Unlike the Patriots, the Steelers have shown loyalty to the players that have enabled them to acheive what they have. Where the Patriots cut Mike Vrabel, the Steelers keep James Farrior. Where the Patriots trade Richard Seymour, the Steelers extend Casey Hampton. Where Assante Samuel leaves via FA, the Steelers retain Polamalu and Taylor.

Farrior is also no longer the player he once was - but he still can play and he teaches the Steeler way to the next generation of Timmons, Woodley and Worilds. Vrabel gets traded uncermoniously and it doesn't sit well in the locker room.

Hampton and Seymour are two of the best DL from the 2001 draft - the Patriots still haven't replaced Seymour. That brilliant trade will bring a #1 pick that provided Belichick doesn't blow it will be a player coming into their prime long after Brady has time catch up with him.

Ty Warren was let go despite his strong work ethic and Albert Haynesworth was brought in with a lot of hype and many saying how the genius Belichick would manage to make him back into a DPOY player despite how he has managed only a couple of quality seasons and has been a lazy and selfish trouble maker his whole career.

Belichick without any checks and balances is doing what he did in Cleveland, cutting players based on his personal feelings like he did with Kosar.

If you haven't noticed, many of the old Steelers veterans that were integral parts of the 2008 Championship team weren't on the field Sunday. That's because at WR, OL, RB and DB have been transitioning with unheralded players who have been developing via practice much like a QB sits for a few years before gets a chance to start. They learned from and respect the veterans - and the Steelers management, in treating the players fairly have shown respect for their players, not interchangeable robots. And it's why the Steelers were winning before the Patriots "dynasty" and since - and fast forward 5 years from now, who is going to be more likely to be competitive and contending for the Super Bowl?

1. vrabel wasn't cut
2. Ty Warren was arguably cut because of his *lack* of a strong work ethic. Also note that he hasn't played an NFL regular season game since 2009.
3. The Steelers have cut a lot of their players over the years, just like any other team. If you want a Casey Hampton comparable, go with Vince Wilfork. Who is their Matt Light? Kevin Faulk? Wes Welker?

Both teams have their fair share of veterans- the Steelers have more, because the Pats have been engaging in a youth movement over the past couple of seasons, but before that all of the posters here were complaining about the need to go young. Belichick appears to have agreed, but unfortunately the drafting has been suspect at best on defenders taken outside of the first round.

If only we didn't have to lose those key guys from the secondary.

Awesome. Our only hope is that BB and the Pats straighten themselves out and we meet these guys in the playoffs, and whoop their azzes when it really counts, ala 2004 (or was it 2003? - whatever year it was that they killed us on Halloween and we wiped the field with them in the playoffs later that year).

What a gas-bag driven load of drivel...

i love ward, but that's pretty lame, talking smack on a team after you play them

it's not like they talked **** about him

Last edited:

the 'patriot way' and 'steeler way' and all that are a hunk of crap

lawrence timmons and lamar woodley arent good players because james farrior mentored them, theyre good players because theyre extremely talented and fit the steelers system. an aging vrabel wasnt going to teach jermaine cunningham how to transcend his pretty clear uselessness, for instance

Last edited:
Good job Ward, now we have something to post in the lockerroom if we meet them in the playoffs.

Yeah,just wait until a pumped up,fired up Phillip Adams and Antwan Molden shut his ass down :rolleyes:

He's right, our secondary is exposed. You can bet your bottom dollar ,anyone we play will have that circled as our weak link. This has gone on way too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News