PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hines Ward says he sat out b/c Pats secondary is so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big BB believer and I think it's ridiculous to question his decisions since only he knows the ways that Bodden was hurting the team. I couldn't figure out what was going on with Adalius a couple years ago, and then the postseason stuff came out and I wondered why the guy wasn't given the heave-ho the morning he was late.

That being said, if BB stepped down and I was GM of the Patriots tomorrow, and I suddenly had a chance to replace Barrett, Sergio, Ihedigbo, Molden and Adams with Meriwether, Butler, Sanders, Wilhite and Bodden, I would do it instantly.

What I want to know is this: is there anyone who wouldn't make that trade?

Sounds like some hindsight to this casual viewer.. last year everyone wanted to run Brandon out of town he was practically convicted of murder on this board in June, Bodden was injured last year and had injury issues this year, most of the rest are unemployed or playing reserve roles.. so not sure who most of the good or decent players in the secondary are??? The best of the lot remain; Chung and McCourty.

We have had some crappy secondary players for a while now, Dowling might be ok if he shakes the injury issues..

Nobody (percentage wise) wanted to cut Meriweather and replace him with the crap that is out there now. There were a lot of people here who wanted Meriweather gone, and a lot who wanted Butler gone, but people weren't going around in gangs chanting "Please cut those two guys and replace them with worse players".

Nothing wrong with that line of thinking, but verbalizing it to the media after the fact merely reinforces my belief that this guy is a d-bag. What would he have said afterwards if the Patriots won that game? You got it - zippo. Great player, but a front-runner.

You know what... he is right but he can go **** himself that whiny crying little *****.

Time to rally, remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

I am done complaining about the Pats, revenge will be sweet when we crush the Steelers in the playoffs. The Steelers talk a big game but there record against Brady isn't very good.

Go Patriots! Brady is God!

Let us see if all these downpours gets under BB's skin. Here is one from mine...

Hey coach, I'm starting Manningham & Bradshaw in my fantasy team this week. STOP THEM IF YOU CAN...:eek:

I doesnt' matter if Belichick gets pissed or not

I dont see Belichick taking a dump and out pops a young Ty Law out of his ass....His secondary sucks for THIS season.

If he wants to get pissed and do something about all the ridicule of our secondary which is a topic for most opponents,2012 is not far away.

Last edited:
g-rating.gif

10 characters

Last edited:
I doesnt' matter if Belichick gets pissed or not

I dont see Belichick taking a dump and out pops a young Ty Law out of his ass....His secondary sucks for THIS season.

If he wants to get pissed and do something about all the ridicule of our secondary which is a topic for most opponents,2012 is not far away.

The only way the secondary gets better is if the team has Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Jerome Brown and Richard Dent on the line....

Same s h i t different team.

Id like to know when this NE defense is going to punch people in the mouth when they are constantly disrespected?

WHAT ARE THE ODDS WE USE ANOTHER 2ND ON A DB?:p

it is a MESS

Same s h i t different team.

I'd like to know when this NE defense is going to punch people in the mouth when they are constantly disrespected?

Unfortunately,the defense has been punching themselves in the mouth most of the season.

If you have the fire deep inside you play with anger and resentment against opponents who talk sh!t....How many of our defensive players really have that fire of a Ray Lewis,Bart Scott or a vintage Mike Singletary?

Bulletin board material..

I would buy into that if I was still 15 years old. Now that I am an adult though I find the idea of bulletin board material to be mostly overrated BS. If the team can't get fired up about losing and getting burned all day, someone pointing it out on the other team is not going to do much of anything.

Good job Ward, now we have something to post in the lockerroom if we meet them in the playoffs.

Until this team proves otherwise, the defense is terrible. But I hope the Pats play the Steelers in the playoffs and get some revenge. It would be sweet!

Let us see if all these downpours gets under BB's skin. Here is one from mine...

Hey coach, I'm starting Manningham & Bradshaw in my fantasy team this week. STOP THEM IF YOU CAN...:eek:

I have Nicks, he should win it alone even with one leg :D

Last edited:
Until this team proves otherwise, the defense is terrible. But I hope the Pats play the Steelers in the playoffs and get some revenge. It would be sweet!

We will just play Bart Scott's interview after the game if we win.
Poetic justice, we are pissed off....

As a Belichick fan second but a Patriot Fan first, I have to believe that he see's something coming together that no one else see's.

Who are we to doubt that knowing how competitive BB is and what he wants to accomplish for the team as well as what he has set for himself.

I don't buy that I believe BB believes he can win a championship with the group of men he has on this team.

Now I agree they are incredibly inexperienced and not battle tested to the point we'd like them to be.

There is no rapport but that is built thru times and in game situations in starts in practice but is molded when real bullets are fired.

You know what I see out of this defense a whole lot of over achievers
who were told they weren't good enough on their respected teams.

That says to me players who will take to coaching take things seriously play every down like it's their last.

Players who listen to criticism want to get better, I'll take that every time over ****y freelancing players who feel they know better than their coaches, teachers.

BB said it himself he loves coaching the younger players, obviously veterans like Bodden think they know better I strongly disagree with that and like that the Patriots have a coach that won't allow inmates to run the asylum.

I want players who have a chip on their shoulder not told all their lives they are gods gifts to football.

For the ridiculous notion that BB is trying to field a crap coach staff and team for a ego driven agenda are fools.

If he was truly ego driven why retain Brady hell he can field a offense without a QB because he's the all mighty wizard.

BB has a philosophy that he wants to instill in his players and coaches if he felt a coach was inept or a so called yes man I truly believe he wouldn't be the coach anymore.

That being said this defense is a few weeks from turning the corner if we can hold teams to under 24 points we can make it to the big games!

As a Belichick fan second but a Patriot Fan first, I have to believe that he see's something coming together that no one else see's.

Who are we to doubt that knowing how competitive BB is and what he wants to accomplish for the team as well as what he has set for himself.

I don't buy that I believe BB believes he can win a championship with the group of men he has on this team.

Now I agree they are incredibly inexperienced and not battle tested to the point we'd like them to be.

There is no rapport but that is built thru times and in game situations in starts in practice but is molded when real bullets are fired.

You know what I see out of this defense a whole lot of over achievers
who were told they weren't good enough on their respected teams.

That says to me players who will take to coaching take things seriously play every down like it's their last.

Players who listen to criticism want to get better, I'll take that every time over ****y freelancing players who feel they know better than their coaches, teachers.

BB said it himself he loves coaching the younger players, obviously veterans like Bodden think they know better I strongly disagree with that and like that the Patriots have a coach that won't allow inmates to run the asylum.

I want players who have a chip on their shoulder not told all their lives they are gods gifts to football.

For the ridiculous notion that BB is trying to field a crap coach staff and team for a ego driven agenda are fools.

If he was truly ego driven why retain Brady hell he can field a offense without a QB because he's the all mighty wizard.

BB has a philosophy that he wants to instill in his players and coaches if he felt a coach was inept or a so called yes man I truly believe he wouldn't be the coach anymore.

That being said this defense is a few weeks from turning the corner if we can hold teams to under 24 points we can make it to the big games!

there's nothing coming together......he's blowing things up like pitino now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes