PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Herm Edwards to Chiefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTPatsFan said:
As much as I'd like to see Herm stay with the Jests for all of the obvious reasons, I have to wonder what would happen with Donnie Henderson. If he follows Herm, that would be a pretty good blow to their D. KC already has the O so it would be logical. Has anyone heard anything about that aspect of the whole thing? I haven't and you would think that would be pretty big.
Donnie Henderson is intervewing for the Saints HC gig. :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Donnie Henderson is intervewing for the Saints HC gig. :)
That's good to hear. So no matter what happens, they're probably screwed. As much it hurts to admit it, I think DH did a pretty good job with that D.

he's done all right

skri65 said:
I actually like herm. I'd rather him stay in the afc east.
yes he should stay here with us.
the nfl has a number of mediocre coaches, and i believe herm has shown himself to be one of them.
his teams will go 9-7, 10-6, make the playoffs every other year. he holds his teams back in big games because he doesn't seem to manage the clock, the game, well at all. surprising for an ex-player who had to know the situation.
herm has an average, but not a great eye for talent. he gets a few excellent players, but not enough to push the team into the big boys' house. he also screws up royally from time to time (e.g., doug jolley for a 2nd).
he is clearly a players' coach. he sets a good example for his players. his teams seem to play for him. he gives great press conferences. as i understand it the jets organization looks like a winning franchise. he's a good man, no fistfights, no strippers with credit cards.
the chiefs, as a team, are better than herb's skills. he'll bring them back to 9-7, 10-6. you really have to wonder what management is thinking.

doesn't matter

it's ok if herm leaves us because jets ownership is still here!

they'll just hire another flunky to fail and make excuses.

I'm not worried about them at all and won't be unless there's a complete change of direction, which I don't see happening. In fact, I see them becoming bottom of the barrel basement dwellars for a long time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft